Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood Bob

SJAX or Kevin Smith at RB?

We start three RB's. Already going with Thomas Jones and MJD.

It may appear to be a no brainer for SJAX, but the numbers for those two are surprisingly similar.

SJAX- 683yds on 168 carries (4.1 ypc) and 4TD's 278 receiving yds (30 catches, 43 targets) 9.3 ypr, 1 TD, 3 Fbles 122.0 fantasy points

Playing at home in the dome.

ESPN has him rated as the 29th best option for the week. Outlook: Health-wise, it looks like Jackson is back. Fantasy performance-wise? That's a different story. He should be able to get around 100 yards of total offense against a weak Seattle team, but we're still not ready to elevate him back to his lofty status just yet.

The Seattle defense is ranked 15th.

They project 77 Ruyds, 28 Reyds, 0 TDs, 10 fantasy points.

CBS (ranked him third) says, "Jackson hasn't run for 100 yards rushing since December 19 against the Cowboys. He still doesn't look like he's 100 percent back from his thigh injury and not the Fantasy dominator he once was. Head Coach Jim Haslett says he wants to get him the ball more, which is probably why they ran the Wildcat. Jackson is a risky No. 2 RB for Week 15 against Seattle considering his recent performances. He had 66 yards rushing and 62 yards receiving in the Rams' Week 3 game against Seattle. "

They project him to have 85 Ruyds, 2TD's, 18 Reyds, 0 TD's, approx 22 points.

KSmith - 684 yds on 167 carries (4.1 ypc) 5 TD's. 248 receiving yds (30 catches, 41 targets) 8.3 ypr, 0 TD, 0 Fbles, 117.0 Fantasy Points

Playing at IND in the dome.

ESPN rates him as the 6th best option this week. Outlook: With the Colts ranked only 25th in the league versus the run, Kevin Smith actually makes for a very solid play this week. We're not saying the Lions are actually going to pull off the upset here, but that doesn't mean there can't be a bright spot on their roster.

They project 81 Ruyds, 17 Reyds, 2 TDs, 21 fantasy points.

CBS (ranked him 27th) says, "Smith and the Colts play at Indianapolis in Week 15. The Colts don't have the greatest rush defense and Smith has been good prior to Week 14. We suggest starting him as a low-end No. 2 Fantasy RB in Week 15."

They project 94 Ruyds, 12 Reyds, 0 TDs, approx 10 fantasy points.

Last week they both earned 8 FP in my league.

Any help would be appreciated. :wub:

the numbers may be similar, but one thing you didn't mention is that SJax compiled his in just 9 games versus 13 for Smith (and it should be noted that SJax's first game back from injury against ARZ was a limited appearance since he clearly was not healthy).

So, with your fantasy point totals, we have 122.0/9 = 13.6 ppg for SJax and 117.0/13 = 9.0 ppg for Smith. In all fairness to Smith, he was previously splitting carries with Rudi for some games.

SJax should do well this week. He seems to be running better each of the last two weeks (except for the 2 fumbles last week). Honestly, there is no way you can start Smith over SJax when it appears that DET will get blown out of the water this week in INDY.

I'm going to run with the pack on this one. I think that everything everyone said about the Lions being down in their game with the Colts is a real cause for concern for anybody starting Smith this week. I like that he's becoming more of a focus in their offense, but the Colts could get up big in this game early, which will slow the stat machine for Smith.

Steven Jackson, however should be the reason that the Rams get up on my beloved Hawks. We (they) can't stop anybody this year and even a division game won't change that. If they couldn't find it in them to put away the Patriots this week, they don't have in in them to stop even the Rams.

Steven Jackson for over 150 and a couple of TD's isn't an unrealistic prediction.

PLEASE, PLEASE (I'M BEGGING YOU!) SEE MINE!