Sign in to follow this  
drewtangdmb

Best Waiver Wire claims for Week 16?

Depends on who's available.

K. Faulk could be a good play. NE should stay in their passing sets, which means Faulk will be in for more snaps than Morris/Jordan. ARI cannot stop anybody, and they suck on the east coast.

Griese if Garcia is out (though he should return for a crucial game). SD secondary is pretty soft.

Branch vs. Jets suddenly weak defense (also haven't played well on the west coast).

Any 49er against the Rams.

Fitzpatrick vs. Cleveland?

Honestly, I don't like any of these guys. You've got to have someone better to plug in. But if forced to play the matchups, these guys have decent ones on paper.

*bump

I would try for Fitz or Boldin.

Try listing some players you're considering.

We ARE talking waiver wire pick-ups here, right?? Just checkin'. Waiver wires are very thin in 12 team leagues right now and if you are in the Championship game, chances are you have a pretty stout team already.

That said, I did make one pick-up.

I picked up the Cleveland defense to play at home against cross-state losers CIN. The Cleveland D has not given up, and is very aggressive against the pass. I see it as a very safe match-up this week. I would not be suprised to see 15 fantasy points here.

When it comes to Championship games, position player pick-ups usuall become less important (again, chances are there is no one on the wire that is better than who is already on your roster). But here's where D/St and kickers pick-ups can become very important, especially if weather becomes a factor.

We ARE talking waiver wire pick-ups here, right?? Just checkin'. Waiver wires are very thin in 12 team leagues right now and if you are in the Championship game, chances are you have a pretty stout team already.

That said, I did make one pick-up.

I picked up the Cleveland defense to play at home against cross-state losers CIN. The Cleveland D has not given up, and is very aggressive against the pass. I see it as a very safe match-up this week. I would not be suprised to see 15 fantasy points here.

When it comes to Championship games, position player pick-ups usuall become less important (again, chances are there is no one on the wire that is better than who is already on your roster). But here's where D/St and kickers pick-ups can become very important, especially if weather becomes a factor.

Finally someone posts something informative. Lately this board has been pretty trashy.

I'm actually in the championship game and I know people are still making waiver moves (Especially for keeper leagues).

Here's who I would look at:

QB:

Bulger

T. Jackson

Griese

Orlovsky

RB:

Cedric Benson

PJ Pope

WR (really a crapshoot at this point in the season):

Chris Henry

Dennis Northcutt

Patrick Crayton

I know its Baltimores D but Tashard Choice has been really solid against some really strong Ds the past couple of weeks...he is avaiable in a few leagues im sure. I see him being very involved regaurdless of Barbers status...last I heard there where confliting reports on Barbers status(Toe may still be a problem...Wade Philps denies Barber is injured...I cant rember where but I read yesterday that he aggrevated the toe...so take that for what its worth...no link sorry)

Cheers

Spider

I know its Baltimores D but Tashard Choice has been really solid against some really strong Ds the past couple of weeks...he is avaiable in a few leagues im sure. I see him being very involved regaurdless of Barbers status...last I heard there where confliting reports on Barbers status(Toe may still be a problem...Wade Philps denies Barber is injured...I cant rember where but I read yesterday that he aggrevated the toe...so take that for what its worth...no link sorry)

Cheers

Spider

I've yet to see a league with Tashard Choice available

Cheers

Spider

I picked him up after seeing what he did to PIT. But didn't play him last week and he did well against NYG. I still have a hard time starting him against BAL. I might consider it, I guess it will be one of those last min decisions.