Sign in to follow this  
Dallas_Empire

Official Dallas vs Philly Thread!

I have been an avid follower and fan of the Dallas Cowboys since the 1975 season. In these past 34 seasons there have been some real "turning point" moments, some for the good and some the other way.

The Cowboys victory over Minnesota in the 1975 playoffs with Roger Staubach's "Hail Mary" pass to Drew Pearson catapulted the Cowboys on to the Super Bowl that year and to three Super Bowls in four years.

On November 24, 1991, the Cowboys were an improved 6-5 and went to Washington to face the 11-0 Redskings with Steve Buerlein playing for an injured Troy Aikman. No one gave Dallas a chance. But Dallas came away with an amazing 24-21 victory that sparked them to winning their last five games and finishing with an 11-5 record. Dallas went on to win their first playoff game since 1982 with a win at Chicago. We all know that Dallas won the Super Bowl three of the next four seasons. But a real turning point was that win over Washington in a regular season game that gave confidence to a very talented team.

Now we stand on the brink of another "turning point" game, with another very talented Dallas team that needs confidence it can win big games against good teams. A win tomorrow in Philadelphia could transform this team and catapult the Cowboys to big things in the weeks and years to come. I believe the Cowboys will win tomorrow, and we will look back at this game as a turning point that began another storied chapter in Cowboys history.

:lol:

5 reasons why Dallas will win!

1) We beat them in week #2

2) We are #1 in sacks

3) The eagles TIED the BUNGLES with a HEALTHY McNabb

4) They only got 3 points against the Skins on Sunday, even though the Eagles knew that winning their final two games would guarantee them a playoff spot.

5) Westbrook is hurt, limiting his explosiveness. He's their only consistent weapon. DeSean's also got some hurt ribs.

I also have a video for Dallas fans and others to watch before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00VhxQ74I6I

This will get you pumped up for a great game between two teams that hate each other. This game is like a fight between two street dogs fighting over a piece of meat. Philly just lacks the talent to beat Dallas in this game.

Official Dallas Empire Prediction:

Cowboys 24 Eagles 13 :D

Here is a holiday song just for the Eagles fans!

A CHRISTMAS SONG FOR DONOVAN MCNABB' :cheers:

You'd better watch out, 'cause you're gonna cry

You shouldn't suit up, I'm tellin you why

DEMARCUS WARE IS COMIN TO TOWN

He studied your films, he's watched them twice

When he's done with you, you're gonna need ice

Don't try to throw no deep balls

Don't try to throw no slants

Don't do anything too obvious

Or you'll be on the seat of your pants

Don't try no fakes, don't try no draw

Better yet, don't try at all

He's gonna make you fumble

He's gonna break your jaw

He knows your momma makes you soup

But you'll be sippin it through a straw

No need to practice, no need to try

Stay on the bench, I'm tellin you why

Ought to be entertaining, well at least inside this thread!

I have been an avid follower and fan of the Dallas Cowboys since the 1975 season. In these past 34 seasons there have been some real "turning point" moments, some for the good and some the other way.

The Cowboys victory over Minnesota in the 1975 playoffs with Roger Staubach's "Hail Mary" pass to Drew Pearson catapulted the Cowboys on to the Super Bowl that year and to three Super Bowls in four years.

On November 24, 1991, the Cowboys were an improved 6-5 and went to Washington to face the 11-0 Redskings with Steve Buerlein playing for an injured Troy Aikman. No one gave Dallas a chance. But Dallas came away with an amazing 24-21 victory that sparked them to winning their last five games and finishing with an 11-5 record. Dallas went on to win their first playoff game since 1982 with a win at Chicago. We all know that Dallas won the Super Bowl three of the next four seasons. But a real turning point was that win over Washington in a regular season game that gave confidence to a very talented team.

Now we stand on the brink of another "turning point" game, with another very talented Dallas team that needs confidence it can win big games against good teams. A win tomorrow in Philadelphia could transform this team and catapult the Cowboys to big things in the weeks and years to come. I believe the Cowboys will win tomorrow, and we will look back at this game as a turning point that began another storied chapter in Cowboys history.

:headbanger:

2) We are #1 in sacks

4) They only got 3 points against the Skins on Sunday, even though the Eagles knew that winning their final two games would guarantee them a playoff spot.

5) Westbrook is hurt, limiting his explosiveness. He's their only consistent weapon. DeSean's also got some hurt ribs.

This will get you pumped up for a great game between two teams that hate each other. This game is like a fight between two street dogs fighting over a piece of meat. Philly just lacks the talent to beat Dallas in this game.

Cowboys 24 Eagles 13 :overhead:

A CHRISTMAS SONG FOR DONOVAN MCNABB' :music_guitarred:

Wait. You've been on here time and time again talking about how the Eagles suck, about how they tied Cincy, blah blah blah.

Now all of a sudden, this game mirrors something that happened way back, and this will be a pivotal win on the road against a GOOD TEAM?

Now do you understand why everyone thinks you're a focking joke, a waste of time who's stealing bandwidth on this website?

Your chair must vibrate everytime you talk, because you just talk out your azz.

this is it. HUGE game for the 'Boys. Romo needs to play agressive and smart. i hope his accuracy on the long ball is better. he's been off a bit.

J.Garrett needs to figure out how to keep the eagles D on their heels. i wanna see Romo rolling out, some hurry up, screens to Tashard, TO in motion, etc.. we've got TO and Roy Williams. lets use these weapons! and if they arent open, how bout some Miles Austin, or some Martellus Bennett!! not sure how much Witten will contribute, but you know this warrior will be out there if he can go.

Wade needs to keep this defense aggressive. although not too agressive, with the run blitzes. :headbanger:

LIMIT THE PENALTIES!! if the Cowboys could not turn the ball over, and have half the penalties, they'd be flippin undefeated this yr!!!!!

:music_guitarred:

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

this is it. HUGE game for the 'Boys. Romo needs to play agressive and smart. i hope his accuracy on the long ball is better. he's been off a bit.

J.Garrett needs to figure out how to keep the eagles D on their heels. i wanna see Romo rolling out, some hurry up, screens to Tashard, TO in motion, etc.. we've got TO and Roy Williams. lets use these weapons! and if they arent open, how bout some Miles Austin, or some Martellus Bennett!! not sure how much Witten will contribute, but you know this warrior will be out there if he can go.

Wade needs to keep this defense aggressive. although not too agressive, with the run blitzes. :headbanger:

LIMIT THE PENALTIES!! if the Cowboys could not turn the ball over, and have half the penalties, they'd be flippin undefeated this yr!!!!!

:music_guitarred:

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

I just think the most physical team who sticks to the running game today wins. The team who commits the last turnover today will lose.

Typical NFC East grudge match.

That's all I got.

Things are setting up perfectly for Dallas in this one.

1. There's a chance that Philly will be eliminated before the game even starts. Say what you will about a Dallas-Philly game, if Dallas is playing for a playoff spot and Philly has no chance, that's a huge advantage for the 'Boys.

2. Travelling to Philly in the last week of December and getting a sixty degree day is a dream come true for the Cowboys. They couldn't have written a better script.

:headbanger:

2) We are #1 in sacks

Cowboys 24 Eagles 13 :overhead:

A CHRISTMAS SONG FOR DONOVAN MCNABB' :music_guitarred:

AWESOME!!!! ANOTHER "pivital game" for the Cowboys, to spring board them into the playoffs and turn the team around! Just 8 whole days later!

Shame if they dont win this one, they wont get a 3rd....

Things are setting up perfectly for Dallas in this one.

1. There's a chance that Philly will be eliminated before the game even starts. Say what you will about a Dallas-Philly game, if Dallas is playing for a playoff spot and Philly has no chance, that's a huge advantage for the 'Boys.

2. Travelling to Philly in the last week of December and getting a sixty degree day is a dream come true for the Cowboys. They couldn't have written a better script.

Yea they coulda, 8 days ago.

I do think Dallas gets away with this one, but they are dead to me.

Could we see Kevin Kolb today if Philly has nothing to play for? Could this be McNabb's last game? How about Andy Reid? Alot of questions to be answered?

Could we see Kevin Kolb today if Philly has nothing to play for? Could this be McNabb's last game? How about Andy Reid? Alot of questions to be answered?

Unless McNabb gets hurt (or if the Eagles get blown out), I don't think you'll see Kolb today.

I sure hope this is Reid's last game.

I just think the most physical team who sticks to the running game today wins. The team who commits the last turnover today will lose.

That's all I got.

Thanks Capt. Obvious! :music_guitarred:

Thanks Capt. Obvious! :headbanger:

Why so bitter? Oh yeah, it must suck knowing that all your team is playing for is whether it gets the #5 overall pick or may fall to #6. :music_guitarred: :overhead:

Why so bitter? Oh yeah, it must suck knowing that all your team is playing for is whether it gets the #5 overall pick or may fall to #6. :music_guitarred: :overhead:

:lol: Can you play YMCA? :headbanger:

Thanks Capt. Obvious! :rolleyes:

Judging by the way Reid threw the ball 48 times last week, it's not as obvious as it seems, genius.

Additionally, when Asante Samuel dropped a clear interception that would have given them great field position for a tying score, it's quite apparent that my comments are based on recent history.

BTW, Big Ben did score that TD in the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

Don't say that, the pathetic retard still kicks his dog everyday because of that.

That's all I got.

You only have a few hours left to post before you are gone. Make the most of it.

Philly

Dallas

Sorry Iggles fans?!

Philly

Dallas

Sorry Iggles fans?!

How many sacks will ware get? I say he gets the record with 3 sacks today.

Now do you understand why everyone thinks you're a focking joke, a waste of time who's stealing bandwidth on this website?

Apparently this is reason #1,257,635 why this dude is a tool. There are some decent Cowboys fans on this site, but posters like this jackass Dallas Empire is why many can't stand the Cowboys nor their fans.

Apparently this is reason #1,257,635 why this dude is a tool. There are some decent Cowboys fans on this site, but posters like this jackass Dallas Empire is why many can't stand the Cowboys nor their fans.

You can't stand us because we are America's Team!

You can't stand us because we are America's Team!

Well, you don't play for the team, shiotstain. Second, you provide nothing to these boards but idiotic Cowboys posts that is a retread of something spewed on the Ticket. You're a football dumbass and somewhere a village is missing their idiot. Time for you to go back.

Well, you don't play for the team, shiotstain. Second, you provide nothing to these boards but idiotic Cowboys posts that is a retread of something spewed on the Ticket. You're a football dumbass and somewhere a village is missing their idiot. Time for you to go back.

You listen to 1310 the ticket? Nice! <_<

Their show is as worthless and as stupid as your posts. No wonder you like them.

<_<

BAD radio is the best show on the ticket. The Hardline is second best. All other shows are basically worthless.

BAD radio is the best show on the ticket. The Hardline is second best. All other shows are basically worthless.

Tampa is winning by 10 now. That is very good news for Cowboy nation.

Tampa is winning by 10 now. That is very good news for Cowboy nation.

Almost game time and the Cowboy nation will rise up to destroy the Iggles. America's Team is gonna tear it up and Ghost Machine will be exiled into oblivion until the draft. Watch the video Dallas fans and get pumped up for the game.

Holy crap!

As confident as I talk about Philly all the time, I have to admit...I'm suddenly very nervous about the game. It's all or nothing.

Well, Dallas and Philly both laid an egg last week when it really mattered. Both get a second chance.

I love that it's going to be determined on the football field and not by some crazy tie-breaker.

Go Birds! :pointstosky:

it just got easier for the cowboys...eagles win and they are in. as an eagles fan i know all too well how mcnabb does under pressure.

it just got easier for the cowboys...eagles win and they are in. as an eagles fan i know all too well how mcnabb does under pressure.

He vomits! :pointstosky:

While this may be true, Romo actually has an even worse reputation for choking.

Somebody has to win.

I guess it might come down to Brad Johnson and/or Kevin Kolb. :pointstosky:

Somebody has to win.

So as I understand it, the Eagles can get the 6 seed if they win and dallas gets the 6 seed if they win. So it is a winner take all with both teams essentially playing a playoff game today. High stakes with two teams who hate each other.

Somebody has to win.

and to think that people were practically giving tickets away a few weeks ago...i should be there right now :bench:

I'm just hoping Tashard Choice goes off like a mother focker!!