Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

NFC and AFC playoff predictions.....

Well last week i went 2-2 going with the more experienced quarterbacks. I took Indy, Zona, Philly, and Miami.

Here are this weeks predictions.....Like I really know??? :lol: Let me hear yours....

Home team wins 80percent of time in Divisional round.....

Tenn 23 - Baltimore 13.... Baltimore has a smothering Defense which was downright nasty but Tenn has a stout def too with a week of rest and Vandenbosh and Haynesworth healthy. Kerry Collins will protect the ball and Chris Johnson will get loose on a screen pass or two. Possible Tenn Def td to be the difference.. Very Physical game. Homefield prevails.

Carolina 31- Zona 17.....Julius Peppers has 3sacks and Zona cant get any big big plays due to Bolden being limited. Zonas def played over there heads last week but will fail with Carolina having a pass and run game. Could be worse than the score i predicted. Temps in the 30's will not help zona.

Philly 26- New York 24...This one can go either way but i will take philly to edge out the gmen. If Bjacobs sets the tone in the 1st quarter philly could be in deep trouble but if not and he is brenda instead of brandon philly will win. Eli and Mcnabb are both good but i see westbrook making a few more plays and neither team is scared of the other.....a real toss up.

Pittsburgh 23- SanDiego 13.... The glass slipper falls off and Pitt has a Def Td. Sproles comes back down to earth and possibly knocked out of the game by Troy Polomalu. Sdiego played over there heads last week and they are at Pittsburgh where its cold. WParker actually has a good game....100plus total yds and a td.

who knows.....let me hear your predictions......good luck... :nono:

Well last week i went 2-2 going with the more experienced quarterbacks. I took Indy, Zona, Philly, and Miami.

Here are this weeks predictions.....Like I really know??? :( Let me hear yours....

Home team wins 80percent of time in Divisional round.....

Tenn 23 - Baltimore 13.... Baltimore has a smothering Defense which was downright nasty but Tenn has a stout def too with a week of rest and Vandenbosh and Haynesworth healthy. Kerry Collins will protect the ball and Chris Johnson will get loose on a screen pass or two. Possible Tenn Def td to be the difference.. Very Physical game. Homefield prevails.

Carolina 31- Zona 17.....Julius Peppers has 3sacks and Zona cant get any big big plays due to Bolden being limited. Zonas def played over there heads last week but will fail with Carolina having a pass and run game. Could be worse than the score i predicted. Temps in the 30's will not help zona.

Philly 26- New York 24...This one can go either way but i will take philly to edge out the gmen. If Bjacobs sets the tone in the 1st quarter philly could be in deep trouble but if not and he is brenda instead of brandon philly will win. Eli and Mcnabb are both good but i see westbrook making a few more plays and neither team is scared of the other.....a real toss up.

Pittsburgh 23- SanDiego 13.... The glass slipper falls off and Pitt has a Def Td. Sproles comes back down to earth and possibly knocked out of the game by Troy Polomalu. Sdiego played over there heads last week and they are at Pittsburgh where its cold. WParker actually has a good game....100plus total yds and a td.

who knows.....let me hear your predictions......good luck... :music_guitarred:

Hmm...I agree with Carolina and Pittsburgh winning this week, and agree with your accessment of the Philly/NYG game, but I think expecting 3 of the games this week to be decided by 10 or more points is a little much. There is no clear cut favorite right now and I think these all could be very close, hard faught games. The Carolina game is the only one I could see getting away from Arizona, but with that offense, I think they can hang around. If Tennesse scores 17 points, let alone 23 on Baltimore, I'd be suprised. That game is going to be much like the regular season meeting I think, coming down to a last second drive to win the game. I'd say it could go either way also, a 13-10 or 16-13 type game I see. I'll pick Carolina by 7, Balty by 3, Philly by 3, and Pitt by 6. In other words, give me all the road teams and the points this week.

Panthers over the Cards by 10. Cards arent a good road team. Carolina is rested and will run the ball all day.

NYG over the Eagles by a TD. see above, although the eagles a good road team. i just dont see philly going into NY and winning this one.

Balt over Tenn. by a FG. the ravens are hot. they wont be able to run consistently, and Collins will make a couple key mistakes. could go either way, but i like the ravens on the road.

Steelers over SD. the steelers D will come up big, imagine that. SD traveling to hostile Pittsburgh.....i see a bad day in store for phil rivers.

I am playing in a post season FF venture and if Carolina and Tennessee are not in the Super Bowl, then my

$ 100 is blown.

Of course if they are, with the LineUps of my league mates, I'll most likely pocket $ 750 (minus $ 100 entry fee).

And I live in (near) Baltimore so if they advance to the SB, I'll forego the winnings with delight.

So here's my picks:

TEN 17

BAL 13

PIT 20

SD 14

NYG 24

PHI 14

CAR 30

ARZ 16

You really can't ask for better games than these. Carolina is the only one where I think there is a clear favorite, but Arizona is a capable team, and it's not a lock. There have been a few times, such as last week, where the Arizona defense came out and really played the run well. If they can play like that, even that game is wide open, because suddenly you see the Carolina passing game on one side and a potent Arizona offense on the other, plus a heavy edge to Arizona at QB.

Should be a hell of a weekend.

Carolina 31 Arizona 10

Arizona is just so bad on the road, especially on the east coast, I think even if Boldin can go they get rolled.

NYG 20 Philly 16

Just don't have any faith in Philly. Not good enough in the red zone, and unable to run when necessary.

Pittsburgh 20 SD 10

Pittsburgh won't allow Sproles and Gates to kill them, and SD defense isn't particularly awe inspiring. This game may even be a bigger mismatch then I imagine

Balimore 13 Tenn 9

This game should be a war, and a defensive struggle. I am an NFC guy but this is the game I am looking forward to the most this weekend. Baltimores defense comes up with a big play to get the only TD of the game