Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Ocho Cinco & Carson Palmer

What does 2009 look like for Ocho Cinco and Carson Palmer. Palmer should be ready to play, but he was looking bad last year even before getting hurt. Do either of these 2 have a bounce back year in 2009?

What does 2009 look like for Ocho Cinco and Carson Palmer. Palmer should be ready to play, but he was looking bad last year even before getting hurt. Do either of these 2 have a bounce back year in 2009?

Sure they can bounce back this year but the o-line needs to play better and help keep Palmer upright if they have a chance to recapture their past success.

Until Chad Johnson decides to pull his head out of his a$$ and worry more about his performance than he does about his image, the answer to your question is NO.

I don't have much hope. They weren't clicking when Palmer was healthy at the start of last season. But my crappy-ass dynasty team is so bad I'm probably going to end up keeping them for another year.

I tend to be a bit contrarian when it comes to assessing players and their value. People are down on Chad, and rightly so. That said, although I'm not the biggest Ocho Cinco fan, I think that he will likely put up better numbers next season. Over the previous 5 seasons he averaged over 1300 yards and 8 TDs. I don't necessarily think he'll return to his previous semi-elite status, but I'd be willing to bet that he comes close to 1000 yards and 6-8 TDs next year barring injury. If you can grab him in the mid rounds as a #2 or #3 WR he may pay dividends.

Stay away, the Bungals are a mess. Housh wants out, Ocho Stinko wants out, Palmer recovering from knee and elbow injuries. Doesn't seem like a place for success.