Sign in to follow this  
Carl Eller's Dead Liver

Help Needed

Dynasty Trade  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I trade Pierre Thomas for the 3rd overall pick in the '09 Rookie Draft?

• Yes, trade for the 3rd overall pick and draft best available WR
    • No, keep Pierre Thomas and fill WR with free agents.

I have been offered the 3rd overall pick in the upcoming rookie draft of my dynasty leagues for Pierre Thomas. I need help at WR more than anything. If I do the trade I will have the 3rd and 4th overall pick.....potentially I could land two first round NFL WR picks....combination of Maclin, Harvin, Hicks, Heyward-Bey.

Here is my RB and WR situation. PPR league and we start 3 WR's.

RB's: Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Kevin Smith, and Mendenhall

WR's: Larry Fitzgerald, Lance Moore - need to start 3 WR.....will go after a 3rd starter in FA, but need to hit big in upcoming draft.

Wide receivers are loaded in this years draft. While you have very nice running backs, Thomas could emerge as a major fantasy stud next year and you could watch him put up massive points while both of your rookie wr's did litttle of nothing. I think you can draft a wr with your fourth pick and still get a very good wr with your second round rookie pick.

Keep Thomas, he could turn into fantasy gold!!

Wide receivers are loaded in this years draft. While you have very nice running backs, Thomas could emerge as a major fantasy stud next year and you could watch him put up massive points while both of your rookie wr's did litttle of nothing. I think you can draft a wr with your fourth pick and still get a very good wr with your second round rookie pick.

Keep Thomas, he could turn into fantasy gold!!

On the other hand.

I could draft Moreno, Wells, or McCoy with the pick as well. I failed to mention that I already have Thomas in another league, so I am a little more willing to let him go in my second. Also, Thomas might be splitting time with Bush....which he was not doing at the end of the year last year.

I like your take though....but will Moreno, Wells, or McCoy end up in a better situation than Thomas has in NO with Bush being there? All 3 RB's will be available when I pick at #3 and #4.....pick #1 and #2 will go WR no doubt in this league.

I'm honestly not sure enough about it to cast a vote. But I'll give you some things to think about. Do you draft after the NFL draft? To me that makes all the difference in the world. I'd like to see where these guys are going first, before I make a decision. I'd be inclined to trade Thomas - and I love his potential - and go WR/WR if you need production this year. Remember - there is also a chance that the 1st 2 players off the board could be Wells and Moreno - RBs seem to be a magical attraction for many fantasy players (especially among owners those that always get to draft early based on prior years results). Which would make Crabtree/Nicks a no brainer combination IMHO.

I have two cautions for you, though.....to get good WR production out of a rookie you need developed talent and opportunity. Most of the WRs at the top of this WR class came out a year early and are quite un-developed talents who may NEVER develop the skills to be stars in the NFL let alone help you in the 1st year, regardless of their raw talent. Stay away from risk! (That means DHB, Macklin, Harvin, and to a lesser extent, Britt (although if he can improve his ball concentration and quit body-catching balls occasionally, he's very close). But these guys have some real flaws in their present game. If you want some pretty good assurance of production this year, go with Nicks and Robiskie (assuming Crabtree is long gone).

I am also intrigued by Moreno (and yes, I see Wells and McCoy as MUCH higher risk). Moreno reminds me so much of Emmitt Smith. Except for lacking break-away speed (ala Smith), his game is NFL ready. I also think he has a much higher ceiling than Thomas. Like Emmitt Smith, Moreno does not take big hits. His balance enables him to take a shot and gain chunks of yardage after contact. He can get into the secondary and get the maximum out of runs by his great balance and the vision to 'run to daylight'.

So I will be very interested in the situation Moreno is drafted to. If he lands in a similar situation to what Forte stepped into last year - where he could win the starting job by day 1, he could be awesome. There is no question in my mind that both Thomas and Moreno have more TALENT than Matt Forte. So - and only if he lands in an ideal spot - particularly AZ or SEA - giving up Thomas and going Moreno/Nicks back-to-back might be a gamble well worth taking.

At any rate, look for high ceiling 2nd and 3rd round WRs that could break out early - I especially like the four little "speed-guys" here (Dillard, Knox, Thomas, Butler). Their route running and their receiving skills are actually BETTER right now than the either DHB and Maclin for sure. And guys like D Jax, Royal, and Avery proved last year that you don't have to be big to beat a jam if you have the "quicks". I like Mike Thomas as the early "break-out" here (his strength reminds me of Steve Smith). Again, with these guys, early opportunity is very important, so pay attention to WHERE they get drafted.

I didn't vote because there is no clear-cut right answer here - just a lot to think about. I'd really recommend that you keep your options open until after the NFL draft before you decide whether to pull the trigger on the trade.

BTW, I noted that you tend to lump the players by tier rather than by risk (Moreno, Wells, McCoy,//Macklin, Harvin, Nicks, DHB; [ for some reason, you are also not putting Robiskie or Britt in the 'elite' WR tier where they belong]). Try to evaluate risk. With 1st round picks, ALWAYS go with the safer picks (because you are getting very talented players anyway). With lower round players ALWAYS go for upside (because if they do work out, you have gotten a 1st round value later in the draft.)

I have PT in my main keeper league and after thinking about for a while I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't trade him for the 3rd draft pick. It's hard to be sure because he hasn't had a full load in his first 2 seasons, but a 4.8 avg each of his first 2 years and 48 receptions in limited duty make me think my odds are as good with Thomas as with any rookie available at 3. Yeah Bush is there, but the Saints are a high-powered offense capable of supporting two good fantasy backs and Thomas has looked good every time I've seen him.

Of course in my league full of SEC-watchers I know there's no chance in Hell that Knowshawn will be on the board at #3. I know you said that you need WRs, but IMO there isn't a Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald, can't miss-type WR in this year's class. I'd rather take Nicks later than trade up to try and get Crabtree.

I'm honestly not sure enough about it to cast a vote. But I'll give you some things to think about. Do you draft after the NFL draft? To me that makes all the difference in the world. I'd like to see where these guys are going first, before I make a decision. I'd be inclined to trade Thomas - and I love his potential - and go WR/WR if you need production this year. Remember - there is also a chance that the 1st 2 players off the board could be Wells and Moreno - RBs seem to be a magical attraction for many fantasy players (especially among owners those that always get to draft early based on prior years results). Which would make Crabtree/Nicks a no brainer combination IMHO.

I have two cautions for you, though.....to get good WR production out of a rookie you need developed talent and opportunity. Most of the WRs at the top of this WR class came out a year early and are quite un-developed talents who may NEVER develop the skills to be stars in the NFL let alone help you in the 1st year, regardless of their raw talent. Stay away from risk! (That means DHB, Macklin, Harvin, and to a lesser extent, Britt (although if he can improve his ball concentration and quit body-catching balls occasionally, he's very close). But these guys have some real flaws in their present game. If you want some pretty good assurance of production this year, go with Nicks and Robiskie (assuming Crabtree is long gone).

I am also intrigued by Moreno (and yes, I see Wells and McCoy as MUCH higher risk). Moreno reminds me so much of Emmitt Smith. Except for lacking break-away speed (ala Smith), his game is NFL ready. I also think he has a much higher ceiling than Thomas. Like Emmitt Smith, Moreno does not take big hits. His balance enables him to take a shot and gain chunks of yardage after contact. He can get into the secondary and get the maximum out of runs by his great balance and the vision to 'run to daylight'.

So I will be very interested in the situation Moreno is drafted to. If he lands in a similar situation to what Forte stepped into last year - where he could win the starting job by day 1, he could be awesome. There is no question in my mind that both Thomas and Moreno have more TALENT than Matt Forte. So - and only if he lands in an ideal spot - particularly AZ or SEA - giving up Thomas and going Moreno/Nicks back-to-back might be a gamble well worth taking.

At any rate, look for high ceiling 2nd and 3rd round WRs that could break out early - I especially like the four little "speed-guys" here (Dillard, Knox, Thomas, Butler). Their route running and their receiving skills are actually BETTER right now than the DHB and Maclin for sure. And guys like D Jax, Royal, and Avery proved last year that you don't have to be big to beat a jam if you have the "quicks". I like Mike Thomas as the early "break-out" here (his strength reminds me of Steve Smith). Again, with these guys, early opportunity is very important, so pay attention to WHERE they get drafted.

I didn't vote because there is no clear-cut right answer here - just a lot to think about. I'd really recommend that you keep your options open until after the NFL draft before you decide whether to pull the trigger on the trade.

BTW, I noted that you tend to lump the players by tier rather than by risk (Moreno, Wells, McCoy,//Macklin, Harvin, Nicks, DHB; [bTW, for some reason, you are also not putting Robiskie or Britt in the 'elite' WR tier where they belong]). Try to evaluate risk. With 1st round picks, ALWAYS go with the safer picks (because you are getting very talented players anyway). With lower round players ALWAYS go for upside (because if they do work out, you have gotten a 1st round value later in the draft.)

What he said :lol:

At any rate, look for high ceiling 2nd and 3rd round WRs that could break out early - I especially like the four little "speed-guys" here (Dillard, Knox, Thomas, Butler). Their route running and their receiving skills are actually BETTER right now than the either DHB and Maclin for sure. And guys like D Jax, Royal, and Avery proved last year that you don't have to be big to beat a jam if you have the "quicks". I like Mike Thomas as the early "break-out" here (his strength reminds me of Steve Smith). Again, with these guys, early opportunity is very important, so pay attention to WHERE they get drafted.

BTW, I noted that you tend to lump the players by tier rather than by risk (Moreno, Wells, McCoy,//Macklin, Harvin, Nicks, DHB; [ for some reason, you are also not putting Robiskie or Britt in the 'elite' WR tier where they belong]). Try to evaluate risk. With 1st round picks, ALWAYS go with the safer picks (because you are getting very talented players anyway). With lower round players ALWAYS go for upside (because if they do work out, you have gotten a 1st round value later in the draft.)

Wow! Thanks for all the insightful thoughts....way more than I expected, but very appreciated. To answer your question, yes we draft after the NFL draft...which is a big deal. I am almost certain that the first two picks will be WR's (Crabtree + Hicks/Maclin), because both teams are set at RB but really weak at WR-just like my team.

Although I love Pierre Thomas, hell he has been on my taxi squad for two years.....I think this maybe the classic case of "sell high" right now. Thomas finished the year on a terror......but he was sort of playing Bush's role as well. He was catching passes and sometimes Stecker came in for the goaline carries....which completely pissed me off. What happens when Bush is back? Does Thomas take Deuce's role over? Is it 50-50 split? I find it hard to believe Bush gets less than 60-70% of the snaps, given his huge contract and name. Maybe there is room for two fantasy RB's on the Saints?

Now going to the 3rd and 4th picks that I would have if I trade Pierre. I will end up with a two of the following: Hicks, Maclin, Moreno, Wells, DHB, Harvin. If Hicks and Maclin are there it is a no brainer...no matter what team the go to. I would NOT be starting either one of these guys this coming year....but likely in 2010. If Hicks or Maclin are gone, I'll likely go with one of the two and the best RB situation out of Moreno, Wells, McCoy. I too love Moreno's upside and playmaking ability......if he ends up on the Cardinals or Chargers, this could be the best pick in the draft.

I already have three solid RB starters with Adrian Peterson, Lynch, and Kevin Smith.......and currently I am set at that position for the next 6 years (barring injury of course). I have Larry Fitz (#1 or #2 overall WR), Lance Moore (a solid #3), and I will get either Chad Johnson or Lee Evans to start at my #2 WR spot - both who had down years last year......buy low.........so I really don't need immediate production out of my rookies drafted. By year 2-3 (2010-2011) is when I'd really need them to step up.

Yes, I could be getting rid of fanstasy gold in Thomas, or I could be selling at his peak. Right now I am leaning on trading him....getting young at WR given my solid starting core of RB's.

I dont think taking a risk on the 3rd WR in the draft is worth losing PT's upside

Personally I would trade one of your RBs straight up for a vet WR -so you know what you are getting

Or maybe take #3 and trade it to a RB hungry team who has WR depth

I just dont see how blowing the three pick on a reach at WR will help you

I disagree with Scothawk - I LOVE to find extra value in the draft vs a player like P.T. You just have to make sure that you look for the "high floor" guys in round 1 rather than the "high ceiling / low floor" guys. It all goes back to risk analysis.

But also, there is one little 'trick' I didn't mention......and I do it almost every year. Trust me this works, particularly if you can scout players very well. Guy wants P.T. and is willing to give up his 1.03. MOST owners, like the poster above are willing to give up the "two in the bush" for the "bird in the hand".

You are in a perfect spot. Make a counter-proposal: You give him P.T. and your 4th rounder for 1.03 and his 3rd rounder.

Doesn't seem like much, but in a serpentine 12 teamer, 1.03 becomes the 27th overall pick in the 3rd round. When you give up your 4th round pick from 1.04, you are giving up the 45th pick. If you are good at scouting upside, the 27th pick can often be a great value; you SELDOM get much with the 45th pick.

(Note: It doesn't pay to get too greedy though; it is much harder to trade P.T. and your 4th for his 1st and 2nd round pick. Guys just don't like to lose both their 1st AND 2nd rounders, but the difference between his round 2 pick and his round 3 pick is actually only a drop from pick 22 to pick 27. They seldom think twice about dropping their 3rd for your 4th).

Now - Most people concede that Crabtree is the safest pick in the draft - and it is NOT a given that he won't be there at pick 3. IMO there are ONLY 3 other low risk 1st round picks that merit consideration: Moreno, Nicks, and Robiskie. Let others spend their picks on the higher risk guys: Wells, McCoy, Maclin, Harvin, or Britt. Yes, these guys all have plenty of upside - BUT THEY ALL HAVE LOWER FLOORS than the guys I mentioned. I do agree with Scothawk that you don't want to give up P.T. for a potential bust.

I still haven't completelely settled on who has the highest upside available at pick #27 but I've narrowed the field some - Dillard, Thomas, and Knox (I've dropped Butler because I've concluded he's the most likely to have problems breaking a LOS jam, and he is not quite the natural hands-catcher as the other three are.)

EDIT: One other thing to keep an eye on - not sayin' it'll happen, but you might consider this (today per Rotoworld):

In a radio interview with XX 1090 AM, Drew Brees admitted to conversing with former teammate LaDainian Tomlinson about the possibility of LT joining the Saints if the opportunity arises.

"For me, I’m just waiting for the opportunity if he is available to come and snatch him," Brees said. Asked if he told LT that he wanted him as a teammate, Brees replied, "I think that’s pretty obvious, don’t you think?" The National Football Post reported last week that the Saints would have a "high level of interest" if LT becomes available.

I dont think taking a risk on the 3rd WR in the draft is worth losing PT's upside

Personally I would trade one of your RBs straight up for a vet WR -so you know what you are getting

Or maybe take #3 and trade it to a RB hungry team who has WR depth

I just dont see how blowing the three pick on a reach at WR will help you

Problem with this logic is that PT has all the upside love right now, particularly since he really has no competition. Deuce has been cut and Reggie his clearly proved he can't handle it as an inside the tackles carrier, plus Thomas gets catches as well. Since it's PPR, you're not going to get a top flight WR in exchange for him. And is value will take HUGE hit if LT somehow get traded to the Saints.

To the OP, out of curiousity, how many RB's do you start???

I disagree with Scothawk - I LOVE to find extra value in the draft vs a player like P.T. You just have to make sure that you look for the "high floor" guys in round 1 rather than the "high ceiling / low floor" guys. It all goes back to risk analysis.

But also, there is one little 'trick' I didn't mention......and I do it almost every year. Trust me this works, particularly if you can scout players very well. Guy wants P.T. and is willing to give up his 1.03. MOST owners, like the poster above are willing to give up the "two in the bush" for the "bird in the hand".

You are in a perfect spot. Make a counter-proposal: You give him P.T. and your 4th rounder for 1.03 and his 3rd rounder.

Doesn't seem like much, but in a serpentine 12 teamer, 1.03 becomes the 27th overall pick in the 3rd round. When you give up your 4th round pick from 1.04, you are giving up the 45th pick. If you are good at scouting upside, the 27th pick can often be a great value; you SELDOM get much with the 45th pick.

(Note: It doesn't pay to get too greedy though; it is much harder to trade P.T. and your 4th for his 1st and 2nd round pick. Guys just don't like to lose both their 1st AND 2nd rounders, but the difference between his round 2 pick and his round 3 pick is actually only a drop from pick 22 to pick 27. They seldom think twice about dropping their 3rd for your 4th).

Now - Most people concede that Crabtree is the safest pick in the draft - and it is NOT a given that he won't be there at pick 3. IMO there are ONLY 3 other low risk 1st round picks that merit consideration: Moreno, Nicks, and Robiskie. Let others spend their picks on the higher risk guys: Wells, McCoy, Maclin, Harvin, or Britt. Yes, these guys all have plenty of upside - BUT THEY ALL HAVE LOWER FLOORS than the guys I mentioned. I do agree with Scothawk that you don't want to give up P.T. for a potential bust.

I still haven't completelely settled on who has the highest upside available at pick #27 but I've narrowed the field some - Dillard, Thomas, and Knox (I've dropped Butler because I've concluded he's the most likely to have problems breaking a LOS jam, and he is not quite the natural hands-catcher as the other three are.)

EDIT: One other thing to keep an eye on - not sayin' it'll happen, but you might consider this (today per Rotoworld):

In a radio interview with XX 1090 AM, Drew Brees admitted to conversing with former teammate LaDainian Tomlinson about the possibility of LT joining the Saints if the opportunity arises.

"For me, I’m just waiting for the opportunity if he is available to come and snatch him," Brees said. Asked if he told LT that he wanted him as a teammate, Brees replied, "I think that’s pretty obvious, don’t you think?" The National Football Post reported last week that the Saints would have a "high level of interest" if LT becomes available.

This is an excellent post, and I particularly like that you've pointed out Robiskie. Everything I've seen of the kid impresses me and as I've said before, Crabtree, although undeniably talented, scares me and did so BEFORE the injury news from the combine came out. Smaller than advertised WR playing is a spread offense and only playing the WR position for 2 years to me says problems assimilating the WR position at the pro level. I've said previously I see him becoming one of the typical 3rd year WR guys. Robiskie is being viewed as about the 10th best prospect at his position on most sites, although I've easily got him in my top 5. But based on how other places have him ranked, he might be available as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder (factoring in that it's a ppr league). Owning the 3 and 4 picks, I'd probably look to trade down to around 9/10 I could and pick up somebody's 2nd rounder and get a good RB at either 3 or 4 and then Robiskie at 9'ish. You play the cards right, you could have two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds for Pierre Thomas.

Problem with this logic is that PT has all the upside love right now, particularly since he really has no competition. Deuce has been cut and Reggie his clearly proved he can't handle it as an inside the tackles carrier, plus Thomas gets catches as well. Since it's PPR, you're not going to get a top flight WR in exchange for him. And is value will take HUGE hit if LT somehow get traded to the Saints.

To the OP, out of curiousity, how many RB's do you start???

This is an excellent post, and I particularly like that you've pointed out Robiskie. Everything I've seen of the kid impresses me and as I've said before, Crabtree, although undeniably talented, scares me and did so BEFORE the injury news from the combine came out. Smaller than advertised WR playing is a spread offense and only playing the WR position for 2 years to me says problems assimilating the WR position at the pro level. I've said previously I see him becoming one of the typical 3rd year WR guys. Robiskie is being viewed as about the 10th best prospect at his position on most sites, although I've easily got him in my top 5. But based on how other places have him ranked, he might be available as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder (factoring in that it's a ppr league). Owning the 3 and 4 picks, I'd probably look to trade down to around 9/10 I could and pick up somebody's 2nd rounder and get a good RB at either 3 or 4 and then Robiskie at 9'ish. You play the cards right, you could have two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds for Pierre Thomas.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Interesting conversation....I'll let you know how it turns out.

jgcrawfish: "Robiskie is being viewed as about the 10th best prospect at his position on most sites, although I've easily got him in my top 5. But based on how other places have him ranked, he might be available as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder (factoring in that it's a ppr league). Owning the 3 and 4 picks, I'd probably look to trade down to around 9/10 I could and pick up somebody's 2nd rounder and get a good RB at either 3 or 4 and then Robiskie at 9'ish. You play the cards right, you could have two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds for Pierre Thomas."

Glad you brought that up. I was listening to Blog Talk Radio the other night and Bloom, Lammey and Waldman (who I consider the 'holy trinity') were discussing top tier WRs and ALL had Robiskie ranked in their top 6 ahead of Britt. I sushpect that at least two of them would pick Robiskie ahead of DHB as well (Lammey is the only one who has published his list and he has DHB at #5 just ahead of Robiskie.)

I draft at #10 (of 12) and expect that he will be available. I'm also going to try to trade Santonio Holmes up to the 1.02 - 1.04 slot along with working my "two-fer" draft swap as described above. I expect that one of my leaguemates with an early pick is hot for Wells, so that means VALUE if i can pull it off.

jgcrawfish: "Robiskie is being viewed as about the 10th best prospect at his position on most sites, although I've easily got him in my top 5. But based on how other places have him ranked, he might be available as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder (factoring in that it's a ppr league). Owning the 3 and 4 picks, I'd probably look to trade down to around 9/10 I could and pick up somebody's 2nd rounder and get a good RB at either 3 or 4 and then Robiskie at 9'ish. You play the cards right, you could have two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds for Pierre Thomas."

Glad you brought that up. I was listening to Blog Talk Radio the other night and Bloom, Lammey and Waldman (who I consider the 'holy trinity') were discussing top tier WRs and ALL had Robiskie ranked in their top 6 ahead of Britt. I sushpect that at least two of them would pick Robiskie ahead of DHB as well (Lammey is the only one who has published his list and he has DHB at #5 just ahead of Robiskie.)

I draft at #10 (of 12) and expect that he will be available. I'm also going to try to trade Santonio Holmes up to the 1.02 - 1.04 slot along with working my "two-fer" draft swap as described above. I expect that one of my leaguemates with an early pick is hot for Wells, so that means VALUE if i can pull it off.

Yeah. I watched Robiskie in a couple of games and took really good note of him at the combine and pretty much everything that hit his hands he caught. I was impressed with the route running and OSU didn't run out of a gimmicky offense, so his game should translate better than some other prospects to NFL routes. He's got prototypical size and although his combine speed wasn't as fast some others, from what I've seen he's got good game speed. If I can get an Andre Johnson or Fitz like future prospect out of him, that's what I'm looking for. I'm really hoping that DHB continues to get pumped up the board so I can maybe catch robiskie early 2nd round or would even consider trading up to late 1st to get him.

Yeah. I watched Robiskie in a couple of games and took really good note of him at the combine and pretty much everything that hit his hands he caught. I was impressed with the route running and OSU didn't run out of a gimmicky offense, so his game should translate better than some other prospects to NFL routes. He's got prototypical size and although his combine speed wasn't as fast some others, from what I've seen he's got good game speed. If I can get an Andre Johnson or Fitz like future prospect out of him, that's what I'm looking for. I'm really hoping that DHB continues to get pumped up the board so I can maybe catch robiskie early 2nd round or would even consider trading up to late 1st to get him.

Don't get carried away here, crawfish. his ceiling is more on the order of Keyshawn Johnson (without the 'mouth') rather than AJ or Fitz. He is slower out of his cuts (but runs great routes) and he doesn't have a top gear - so he's not A J, and he's not nearly as strong as Fitz; he's just a big guy with great hands who does everything well.

But I'd much rather have a Keyshawn Johnson than a bust. Keyshawn made the Pro Bowl 3 times and had 60 or more catches in 10 of his 12 NFL seasons. (Trivia: Keyshawn was #1 overall in the 1996 NFL draft by the New York Jets).

The good news is that he has a high floor. I expect Robiskie should consistently be a top 20 WR in the NFL.

I would make the trade and then use one of the picks on a WR and one on a RB. Even if Thomas ends up getting carries this year its not like he would be a starter for you unless you had a couple injuries.

Don't get carried away here, crawfish. his ceiling is more on the order of Keyshawn Johnson (without the 'mouth') rather than AJ or Fitz. He is slower out of his cuts (but runs great routes) and he doesn't have a top gear - so he's not A J, and he's not nearly as strong as Fitz; he's just a big guy with great hands who does everything well.

But I'd much rather have a Keyshawn Johnson than a bust. Keyshawn made the Pro Bowl 3 times and had 60 or more catches in 10 of his 12 NFL seasons. (Trivia: Keyshawn was #1 overall in the 1996 NFL draft by the New York Jets).

The good news is that he has a high floor. I expect Robiskie should consistently be a top 20 WR in the NFL.

fair enought, but i used fitz because he had the same complaint coming out of pitt, not fast enough. and i mainly used both of those examples because I liken his hand to theirs. But Key is probably a good comparison as well.