Sign in to follow this  
jared7683

Torry Holt

I was just about to ask the same question. What the hellz he waiting for? Certainly he realizes his value will NEVER be higher than right now.

i think after the draft is when you will see a wave of signings.

i was surised it took leftwich so long to find a team. Right now teams might not be calling Torry.

Very surprised the Giants or Bears have not shown any interest, they both could use a WR.

giants need a number 1. i think for them, its braylon boldin or bust

My thought is that teams are waiting to see how their draft goes before deciding on wether they should pursue Holt (and some other FA's).

I haven't really seen anything in regards to teams showing interest in him.

My thought is that teams are waiting to see how their draft goes before deciding on wether they should pursue Holt (and some other FA's).

I haven't really seen anything in regards to teams showing interest in him.

ESPN is reporting that a deal between him and the Jaguars is imminent.

I'd kinda like to see him end up there. They could certainly use the help at the position.

hmm. i don't think that is the best move for him.

for jacksonville they could then address other needs in the draft or still pick a rookie WR to learn under Torry

but as far as maximizing Holt's value i still say he would be better off going to a team that needs a number 2, a possession guy opposite a speedster.

Eagles opposite DeSean Jackson

Vikings opposite Bernard Berrian

to a lesser extent Bears opposite Hester with Cutler throwing to him

for jacksonville they could then address other needs in the draft or still pick a rookie WR to learn under Torry

but as far as maximizing Holt's value i still say he would be better off going to a team that needs a number 2, a possession guy opposite a speedster.

Why is everyone giving up on Sidney Rice?

I agree his career and what's left of it would be best as a #2 guy. I think Philly wants a younger stud receiver and Holt doesn't fit what they'd be looking for in my opinion. I hear Torry would like to go to Philly or Carolina but I don't think he'll end up in either of those places. Jacksonville seems to have expressed interest in him and if he can get a deal done and still wants to play football for a few more years he should sign with Jacksonville. His competition would be limited and he may not even see as many balls as Walker this year but he can still be productive. He certainly could score more td's than he did last year. The natural grass would also be better on his knees. He should realize he's in the twilight of his career and Jacksonville would be a place he could still produce and have a decent end to his career.

"The Jaguars are making progress toward finalizing a contract with free-agent receiver Torry Holt, team sources revealed.

But as of late Saturday night, no deal appeared imminent.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio and Holt's agent, Gregory Williams, did not return calls.

Sources familiar with the situation said the wide receiver would like to join the Jaguars, but the team is looking to make a deal that makes sense financially.

Before his release, Holt was scheduled to make $8 million this season with the St. Louis Rams, which doesn't fall in line with Jacksonville's philosophy of fiscal frugality toward free agents this year.

Jacksonville Times-Union