Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Flacco....Sanchez?

been trying to force myself to like this deal. Im still iffy on trading up in the first place but I think the deal they got was well worth it.

Now the more I think about it the situation Sanchez comes into seems alot like Flacco last year. If Sanchez starts game 1 he will be playing for a team with an up and coming defense, defensive minded coach, one of the better o-lines in the league, a solid running game behind him and probably as mediocre a WR group as Flacco had.... Mason was a big boost for Flacco and he also had Clayton... Sanchez would have Cotchery and Keller

how do you guys think Sanchez can compare to what Flacco did last year?

Not a knock on Sanchez... because I think he is a pretty good QB, but I think NY will kill him if he goes in anytime sooner than the second half of the year or even the later games of the year. NY is itching so badly for a winning team that they will absolutely slay anyone who does not give it to them. Sanchez may turn out to be that franchise guy all the talking heads seem to think he is, but not with that Jets group behind him. Say what you want about Diapers Favre, he was not a horrid QB when he finally left/retired/run out of town. He was still a better QB then, than Sanchez is at this point and look what happened with him.....

Also let us not forget that the Jets are one of the QB mills around the league. That team, for whatever reason, simply chews QB's up much like Tampa, Detroit and Chicago have. Its just part of the history....

So to compare the two seasons, I would say he will end up under performing what Flacco did last year and lets be honest here, while Flacco had some good success, he was in no way near what Ryan did. He was more like Rivers his first year.

Not a knock on Sanchez... because I think he is a pretty good QB, but I think NY will kill him if he goes in anytime sooner than the second half of the year or even the later games of the year. NY is itching so badly for a winning team that they will absolutely slay anyone who does not give it to them. Sanchez may turn out to be that franchise guy all the talking heads seem to think he is, but not with that Jets group behind him. Say what you want about Diapers Favre, he was not a horrid QB when he finally left/retired/run out of town. He was still a better QB then, than Sanchez is at this point and look what happened with him.....

Also let us not forget that the Jets are one of the QB mills around the league. That team, for whatever reason, simply chews QB's up much like Tampa, Detroit and Chicago have. Its just part of the history....

So to compare the two seasons, I would say he will end up under performing what Flacco did last year and lets be honest here, while Flacco had some good success, he was in no way near what Ryan did. He was more like Rivers his first year.

ok i respect your opinion that Sanchez will not perform up to Joe Flacco standards this year.

however i disagree with some of what you said and the reasoning.

Favre was not run out of town. His pride got the best of him late last year and he nearly single handedly elminiated the Jets from the playoffs, then retired. He never wanted to be in NY anyway. Mangini was also to blame for not having the balls to sit him down that 5 game stretch where he was obviously not himself.

NY does tend to chew up QB's and spit them out, just as it has done with coaches. Thats the nature of NY. Since Ive been old enough to really understand - Esiason, O'Donnell, Foley, Testaverde, Pennington, Clemens, Favre

I am fine with Clemens starting the year but part of my comparison of Sanchez to Flacco is the team behind him. I see alot of similarities in the defense, obviously the coaching, the running game and offensive line which is better imo. Flacco started right away and last time I checked, led his team deeper in the playoffs than Matt Ryan did.

Im not trying to compare Sanchez and Flacco in fantasy terms. Flacco really wasn't that great fantasy wise. My question is where do people see Sanchez's ability to lead a team like Flacco did, with all these similarities in place?

Sanchez played well at home and on the road vs. bad teams. He will not be a great NFL qb. He's undersized w/ an average arm. Everyone got a boner for him this year because he's a sexy pick. Mark this post and get back w/ me in 5 years when he's still carrying a clip board.

If I'm comparing QB's, I'd say:

Freeman is more like Flacco.

And Sanchez would remind me more of a Mark Bulger.