Sign in to follow this  
ROYALWITCHEESE

Rivers for 1.3 and RB (Barber or DeAngelo)?

PPR I asked for Drew, but it doesn't seem likely. QBs are very valuable in our league, but we are making the jump to PPR. I have Brady, Rivers, and Orton at QB. I offered Rivers for Drew, and he has responded with "one and his other RBs and the 1.03". His other RBs are DeAngelo, Barber, and Westbrook.

So the question is: should I go for DeAngelo and the 1.03 OR Barber and the 1.03.

Barber catches more passes, and is a near sure bet for double digit TDs

Williams is coming off his break out season and is more explosive, but doesn't catch that many passes.

Here is my roster:

QB- Brady, Rivers, Orton

RB- AD, Grant, Ward, Maroney, Faulk, BJackson, CTaylor, Choice

WR- Randy, Roy, Ocho, Gonzale, Bradley, MJones

TE- Cooley, Lewis

His:

QB- Collins, Hill, Garcia

RB- MJD, Barber, DeAngelo, Westbrook, Buckhalter

WR- Housh, Coles, Ward, Hackett

TE- Heap

1.3 in the rookie draft? would net you i decent rookie (donald brown, Maclin, Wells)

i think id trade Rivers for DeAngelo and the 1.3

have you considered Brady for MJD and 1.3 or would he consider that?

1.3 in the rookie draft? would net you i decent rookie (donald brown, Maclin, Wells)

i think id trade Rivers for DeAngelo and the 1.3

have you considered Brady for MJD and 1.3 or would he consider that?

Yes rookie draft.

I haven't offered Brady due to the uncertainty of his level of play upon his return. I won't get full value out of him.

Rivers' value is at the highest point in his career. Could it go up? Sure. But it could also come back down.

I have been researching and I believe DeAngelo is the best fit for me. I already have Peterson, and to add Barber to that would mean TWO violent runners that take unnecessary risks.

He is waffling however on this deal, now saying he wants to give his 2010 first round pick instead. That is a deal breaker for me, since a good QB like Rivers is all that's holding his team back from a deep run--rendering that pick as much less valuable than this year's 3rd pick...

I think you should find an owner that needs RB help and see if you could flip Barber or DW for another WR1. 1.3/DW or Barber is good value for Rivers

I like DW and 1.03.

you know, it may be worth your while to hold off on dealing Rivers unless you think the trade puts you over the top.

It appears that the Chargers are trying to convert from a 'Run first' scheme to a balanced or a 'pass first' Scheme. This could mean that Rivers will have a much better year than he has had in the past. So what you would get for him in trade could possibly be a lot higher a year from now as compared to today.

personally, I dont think DeAngelo will put you over the top in terms of winning your Football pool.

also, the Chargers will be a much improved team with the defense tougher than ever. Based on this, and a healthy Tomlinson, I think Rivers numbers cant really get worse unless he gets hurt, so I dont think the risk is exceptionally high in keeping him.

you know, it may be worth your while to hold off on dealing Rivers unless you think the trade puts you over the top.

It appears that the Chargers are trying to convert from a 'Run first' scheme to a balanced or a 'pass first' Scheme. This could mean that Rivers will have a much better year than he has had in the past. So what you would get for him in trade could possibly be a lot higher a year from now as compared to today.

personally, I dont think DeAngelo will put you over the top in terms of winning your Football pool.

also, the Chargers will be a much improved team with the defense tougher than ever. Based on this, and a healthy Tomlinson, I think Rivers numbers cant really get worse unless he gets hurt, so I dont think the risk is exceptionally high in keeping him.

Not that much of a risk with Brady still on his team.