Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Vince Young's contract

Sorry but that statement makes you sound stupid!

ya think?

In Tennessee, Titans owner Bud Adams was happy to stick it to Houston by picking native Houstonian Vince Young. However a number of the Titans fans wished that they picked Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler.
http://www.fanhouse.com/tag/Bud+Adams/

Oops. :dunno:

Sorry, the statement is dumb and it shouldn't be repeated. How do you stick it to someone by drafting a player they passed on?

Man, it's not that hard Phurphie.

Spose VY actually didn't lose his mind, Wasn't functionally retarded and had the ability to do more than one read without saying "wanna ride bikes?" :lol:

If VY had lived up to even half the hype, Bud would be all over the place saying "Houston screwed up!" He knew the Houston fans - especially the 4th warders - and the UT tards - were all over Vince's jock. Vince succeeds and he gets lifetime bragging rights to lord over Houston. It's pretty much common knowledge in these parts. He ignored the calls to pick up their own local boy (who ended up being the far better QB) just because of his antipathy toward Houston. - Where he is largely reviled and routinely disparaged.

Man, it's not that hard Phurphie.

Spose VY actually didn't lose his mind, Wasn't functionally retarded and had the ability to do more than one read without saying "wanna ride bikes?" :mad:

If VY had lived up to even half the hype, Bud would be all over the place saying "Houston screwed up!" He knew the Houston fans - especially the 4th warders - and the UT tards - were all over Vince's jock. Vince succeeds and he gets lifetime bragging rights to lord over Houston. It's pretty much common knowledge in these parts. He ignored the calls to pick up their own local boy (who ended up being the far better QB) just because of his antipathy toward Houston. - Where he is largely reviled and routinely disparaged.

I get what you are saying but I'm not buying it. No way do you use a first round pick to "stick it to someone". I am sure this had nothing to do with the pick.

I get what you are saying but I'm not buying it. No way do you use a first round pick to "stick it to someone". I am sure this had nothing to do with the pick.

Well, FWIW, I'm not the only one saying it. :ninja:

From the same article:

Among other things, Hoge said that Young was recruited to attend Oklahoma, and that the folks at Oklahoma pulled the plug because he “was the most immature crybaby they’d ever met.”

Hoge also said that, during the Week One game against the Jaguars, when Young reportedly tried to pull himself out of the game and later got hurt, some of the defensive players were happy, since they believed it gave the team a better chance to win the game.

Hoge also dredged up an incident from 2006, when Young missed the team plane for a road game. Hoge says that, after Young caught up with the team, he pulled his hood over his head and cried in the locker room.

Well, FWIW, I'm not the only one saying it. :thumbsup:

From the same article:

Yup, I usually ignore that kind of reporting. I didn't mean to kill the messenger.

Personally, I don't think he is moron. :overhead:

Scoring single digits on the wonderlic apparently makes you a PhD in Tejas!!!!!!!

Scoring single digits on the wonderlic apparently makes you a PhD in Tejas!!!!!!!

No, but winning the National Championship does!

When it comes to game, he is no moron, book smarts, maybe... Don't be scared.

:(

:thumbsup:

Practice report Friday, June 19, 2009 at 1:36pm

--Quarterback Vince Young had his ups and downs with a few nice completions, but interceptions by Cortland Finnegan and Tuff Harris.

:pointstosky:

Practice report Friday, June 19, 2009 at 1:36pm

--Quarterback Vince Young had his ups and downs with a few nice completions, but interceptions by Cortland Finnegan and Tuff Harris.

:banana:

He was thinking too much about the Juneteenth celebration back home. :wave:

<_<

No, but winning the National Championship does!

When it comes to game, he is no moron, book smarts, maybe... Don't be scared.

:(

:dunno:

Tommy Fraiser, Charlie Ward, Tee Martin, Michael Bishop, Kordell Stewart, Andre Ware, Antwan Randel El, Seneca Wallace, Michael Vick

Several won NC, all were outstanding collegians, and all of them VY included were NFL BUSTS....period...

now go cry into your UT hankee...go ask the UMiami fan how it felt to watch the Blades family fall off the edge one by one like the yoddler game in Price is Right...

College /= Pros...

now go cry into your UT hankee...go ask the UMiami fan how it felt to watch the Blades family fall off the edge one by one like the yoddler game in Price is Right...

I loved that game.