Sign in to follow this  
WoodDuck2003

Keeper Help

Since it is the off season I figured it would be ok to post this here. 10 team keeper league, no ppr, all TDs 6pts. We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex(RB,WR,TE)/1K. We can keep 7 players and a taxi squad player. A taxi squad player is a rookie from the previous season that did not start a single game. Next season we are moving to 10 keepers and no taxi squad player. Below is my current team/draft picks:

Keepers

P.Manning

M.Turner

P.Thomas

R.Mendenhall

W.Parker

M.Colston

Calvin Johnson

Taxi Squad Player

D.Thomas

Draft Picks

I have been offered S.Slaton(which is a taxi squad player)/1.04/5.04 for M.Turner/1.09/6.02/10.02. If I accpet the trade I would be allowed to keep one more player since S.Slaton would be my taxi squad player. My next best player would be L.Evans. Or I could try to package L.Evans and the 1.04 pick to get a RB or a top tier WR.

any vague idea of who will be available for you to draft at 1.4?

with that many keepers gone I can't imagine its anything spectacular and Michael Turner certainly seems more valuable than Slaton in a non PPR.

And then keeping another WR in Evans in a non PPR doesn't seem all the great anyway when you consider you already have CJ and Colston.

My gut says no unless you feel there are at least 4 players better than Lee Evans who will be dropped by their respective teams and you can get one of them at that 4th pick.

How can Slaton be considered for the taxi squad?

Outside of Turner you need serious RB help. If you can trade keeper spots for picks do it. I would trade the two 1st round picks for a better RB.

thats a good point, I assume you have to mean that a taxi player is a rookie who didn;t start any FANTASTY games for his owner? Slaton certainly started football games. even then, his owner has to be STACKED at RB to have not started him throughout the FF season.

I've played in both keep-7 and keep 8 keepers so I'm a pretty good judge of the dynamics at play here. (Although how in hell Slaton could have remained a 'taxi squad virgin' is beyond my comprehension.)

A. Keep Turner, don't make the trade. The ONLY reason I'd consider making the trade is if you can be fairly sure that you can get Moreno with 1.03. I doubt that will be the case, or that ANY real STUD veteran will be there at 1.03. I wouldn't make the trade otherwise. BTW I've always found it fairly easy to project fairly accurately which players will be available in the pool and what order they should go in through about 1.05 or so.

B. Package your 1.09, your 3.09 and Lee Evans for a QUALITY RB or WR. I don't know when your draft is, but start getting out your trades NOW, and continue to try to make this trade right up to the day of the draft.

1.09 normally has some good value in a keep 7. Lee Evans is a nice WR2. I've found that in keep 7 keepers, the drop off in the talent pool usually is very pronounced at about the middle of round 3, so you are'nt giving up as much as it might look like to toss in your 3.09, but it should be just enough to get a team to pull the trigger.

He came back with Slaton/1.04 for Turner 2.06 and 4.03. I must say I am not crazy about trading Turner. I think I have a solid core with P.Manning at QB then Turner/Mendenhall and FWP/P.Thomas.

He came back with Slaton/1.04 for Turner 2.06 and 4.03. I must say I am not crazy about trading Turner. I think I have a solid core with P.Manning at QB then Turner/Mendenhall and FWP/P.Thomas.

non ppr i definately sit tight.

I also in a 7 player keeper league. I would trade Calvin Johnson for a RB. With 7 players being kept there is not going to be much left at RB to choose from (the rookies, Ricky Williams, Leon Washington, Jamal Charles...). Keep both Colston and Evens. Colston should be healthy this season. Edwards is not that bad of QB and TO should open things up for Evans. You will have better options at WR in your draft than RBs.

If your league is anything like mine you have to take a loss to get something worth having in return.