Sign in to follow this  
WoodDuck2003

Keeper Team Help

Ten team keeper league, standard scoring, no ppr and all TDs 6. We keep 7 players and we start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex(RB/WR/TE), 1K. Here were keepers and draft picks following the end of the season:

D.Brees

R.Bush

W.Parker

R.Mendenhall

K.Smith

AJ

CJ

After a few trades here are my keepers and draft picks:

P.Manning

M.Turner

P.Thomas

W.Parker

Calvin Johnson

M.Colston

A.Boldin

I feel like my keepers are much better and I have more and better draft picks.

Is it now time to sit back and get ready for the draft or are there still some moves I could make?

Ok I know it is not "help board" but in the off season the help board is very empty. Any geeks out there want to weigh in. I am all about improving my situation and thinking outside the box to get better. I thought about packaging Boldin for Edwards and draft picks or maybe packaging Parker/Boldin for an upgrade on some buy low guys.

Sometimes you get to the point where you can't think of any 'moves' that make sense to both your team and any trading partner. At that point you just sit back and let things come to you for awhile. It happens to me all the time. I think you might be at that point. (Invariabably some unexpected offer comes in or middle of the nite brainstorm, and the 'tinkering process' starts up again.)

i, actually not sure which set of keepers i like best. Im leaning toward Brees Bush CJ AJ KSmith.

you got much better draft picks.. will there be anything of value after all those keepers?

Well as far as my keepers I feel like in a non ppr they are much better:

Brees-his value will never be higher and I actually feel like he and Manning are a push.

R.Bush to Turner was a certain upgrade.

I am really big on P.Thomas this year and the fact they did not draft a RB is great news.

I went from having Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson to Calvin Johnson/M.Colston/A.Boldin

I have also just accepted a trade that landed me Ocho Cinco. I gave Hester/4.03 for Ocho Cinco/5.02. I really don't think there is a ton of talent difference in those two picks but Ocho Cinco is a great buy low guy.

Now I am thinking my keepers might be:

P.Manning

M.Turner

P.Thomas

Calvin Johnson

M.Colston

A.Boldin

Ocho Cinco

Then use my 1.03/2.02 to grab RBs(I bet Willie Parker is available at the 1.03) and then take the best RB available at the 2.02.

We are moving to 10 keepers at the end of the season and having 4 top 15 dynasty WRs seems too good to pass up even in a non-ppr league. I mean worst case Ocho Cinco is used as my flex player...that isn't so bad.

What are the thoughts on that?

Seems like top 15 dynasty WRs are harder to come by than top 15 dynasty RBs, not to mention they do not change as much. I am thinking that as a general rule in our format and keeping 10 players each year I need to target keeping 1QB/4RBs/4WRs/1TE. By keeping these WRs this season I can turn my focus to landing a solid TE in this years draft and via draft, trade or ww find two more keeper quality RBs.

Well as far as my keepers I feel like in a non ppr they are much better:

Brees-his value will never be higher and I actually feel like he and Manning are a push.

R.Bush to Turner was a certain upgrade.

I am really big on P.Thomas this year and the fact they did not draft a RB is great news.

I went from having Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson to Calvin Johnson/M.Colston/A.Boldin

I have also just accepted a trade that landed me Ocho Cinco. I gave Hester/4.03 for Ocho Cinco/5.02. I really don't think there is a ton of talent difference in those two picks but Ocho Cinco is a great buy low guy.

Now I am thinking my keepers might be:

P.Manning

M.Turner

P.Thomas

Calvin Johnson

M.Colston

A.Boldin

Ocho Cinco

Then use my 1.03/2.02 to grab RBs(I bet Willie Parker is available at the 1.03) and then take the best RB available at the 2.02.

We are moving to 10 keepers at the end of the season and having 4 top 15 dynasty WRs seems too good to pass up even in a non-ppr league. I mean worst case Ocho Cinco is used as my flex player...that isn't so bad.

What are the thoughts on that?

Seems like top 15 dynasty WRs are harder to come by than top 15 dynasty RBs, not to mention they do not change as much. I am thinking that as a general rule in our format and keeping 10 players each year I need to target keeping 1QB/4RBs/4WRs/1TE. By keeping these WRs this season I can turn my focus to landing a solid TE in this years draft and via draft, trade or ww find two more keeper quality RBs.

1. i thought CJ meant Chris Johnson because you referred to him as CJ in your initial keeper list and then Calvin Johnson in your 2nd list... My bad, that changes my opinion on the 2 sets of keepers drastically.

2. why would you have made the trade for Ochocinco if you didn't plan to keep him? Wouldn't it have been a wash plus downgrade in the draft?

1. i thought CJ meant Chris Johnson because you referred to him as CJ in your initial keeper list and then Calvin Johnson in your 2nd list... My bad, that changes my opinion on the 2 sets of keepers drastically.

2. why would you have made the trade for Ochocinco if you didn't plan to keep him? Wouldn't it have been a wash plus downgrade in the draft?

That's what it looks like lol

I'm big on 85 this year, but in a keeper league he loses some value. The only thing I'd say is try to package Boldin and Parker for a stud RB or WR. Boldin's value will never be higher, and is either leaving town or losing Warner certainly after next year, and is severely injury prone. Parker too, while not great value, will turn 30 soon and Pittsburgh has already stated that they plan on replacing him with Mendanhall after his contract runs out this year. If you can package those 2 for a Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Chris Johnson, S. Slaton, F. Gore type player, i'd pull the trigger in a heart beat

That's what it looks like lol

I'm big on 85 this year, but in a keeper league he loses some value. The only thing I'd say is try to package Boldin and Parker for a stud RB or WR. Boldin's value will never be higher, and is either leaving town or losing Warner certainly after next year, and is severely injury prone. Parker too, while not great value, will turn 30 soon and Pittsburgh has already stated that they plan on replacing him with Mendanhall after his contract runs out this year. If you can package those 2 for a Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Chris Johnson, S. Slaton, F. Gore type player, i'd pull the trigger in a heart beat

yes that is why I originally made the trade for Ochocinco. I thought I could package him with Parker or keep him and package Boldin with Parker for a top RB. I am in the process of offering several trades as we speak.

All good input and I appreciat all of it.