Sign in to follow this  
#1LionFan

Who do you like better this year...Marshall or Bryant?

Brandon Marshall or Antonio Bryant?

On face value, Marshal is younger and more gifted, but he is a headcase and his future is foggy with a possible suspension and/or holdout looming, and trade rumors brewing. Bryant is also in a contract year so he will be more motivated than Marshall who is disgruntled over his contract situation. We all saw what happened to another headcase last year when he was unhappy...Ochocinco.

Who posts better numbers in 2009?

Brandon Marshall or Antonio Bryant?

On face value, Marshal is younger and more gifted, but he is a headcase and his future is foggy with a possible suspension and/or holdout looming, and trade rumors brewing. Bryant is also in a contract year so he will be more motivated than Marshall who is disgruntled over his contract situation. We all saw what happened to another headcase last year when he was unhappy...Ochocinco.

Who posts better numbers in 2009?

Who is going to QB in TB? Orton downgrades Marshall IMO but not sure enough to have Bryant pass him. I thought the suspension wasn't going to happen.

Not sure about the suspension?

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Brandon Marshall is free to play the entire 2009 season, providing his surgically repaired hip allows it.

Marshall learned Tuesday he won't face disciplinary action from the NFL over his latest arrest in a domestic dispute.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31072025/

The report here was in relation to Marshall's most recent arrest, after which he was quickly released. Charges were dropped the next day. However, some still believe that Marshall may face a suspension if he is convicted in the case that is still pending. I don't buy it myself, since he was already suspended last year when he was charged, and to be punished for both charges being filed and then again for a conviction would be, to my knowledge, and unprecedented "double-jeopardy" move by the commissioner. If such a suspension were levied, the players' union would certainly appeal and in all likelihood win. But, as I said, some still believe that such a suspension is a possibility.

Bryant and Marshall's talent level are closer than you'd think... Bryant is no slouch, and Marshall no longer has Cutler forcing balls to him every other throw. Orton can't make the same sort of passes Cutler would and will severely hurt Mashall's value. Bryant has proved himself with slouch QBs in the past... Garcia was past his prime last year, and he had a good year with the browns w/ Charlie Frye throwing him the rock, and had a good 4/5 of a year with SF w/ shitty QBs throwing him the ball.

IMO Bryant will have a better year.

The report here was in relation to Marshall's most recent arrest, after which he was quickly released. Charges were dropped the next day. However, some still believe that Marshall may face a suspension if he is convicted in the case that is still pending. I don't buy it myself, since he was already suspended last year when he was charged, and to be punished for both charges being filed and then again for a conviction would be, to my knowledge, and unprecedented "double-jeopardy" move by the commissioner. If such a suspension were levied, the players' union would certainly appeal and in all likelihood win. But, as I said, some still believe that such a suspension is a possibility.

The Watley chick.....Yea I don't see anything happening there.

Bryant will have better fantasy numbers, but Marshall is a better NFL wr.

His suspension was three games reduced to one based on conditions. One condition was some kind of therapy or something. I still haven't heard/read what any other conditions might have been.

it's entirely possible that Marshall professed legal innocence and maybe Goodell, said, "Okay, cool, but if you get convicted, you'll serve those two games."

I don't think Byrant will come anywhere close to his 2008 numbers. Can't throw it to yourself. QB situation will not help him at all.