Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Pistons will sign Gordon and Villanueva

Don't forget the extension RIP got. That was one of the worst moves as well. I think signing either gordon or villinueva would've been fine. But both are offensive high usage players. I know teams go through ups and downs but most retool quickly. Spurs, mavs, lakers, cavs, denver have all been good for a while. The pistons will be bad for a while until they can get rid of at least one but probably two out of rip, ben, charlie. Those terrible signings don't get the "teams go through ups and downs" pass because they were bad moves from the start. No one was saying those were good signings.

I give more credit to LB than to dumars.

Dumars best moves have been signing chauncey, drafting tayshan, and trading for rasheed. What made those deals work was larry brown. Since then, his moves have been mostly bad. Trading chauncy, overpaying players, hiring/firing coaches, etc.

Dumars best moves have been signing chauncey, drafting tayshan, and trading for rasheed. What made those deals work was larry brown. Since then, his moves have been mostly bad. Trading chauncy, overpaying players, hiring/firing coaches, etc.

You can't possibly be ignoring trading for Hamilton and Ben Wallace. Those were two HUGE pieces to the puzzle, and both turned out to be worth significantly more than he paid for them in those trades. And the Pistons made multiple conference finals before and after Larry Brown, so that argument is weak. That said, he has made some terrible decisions as well, and those are the ones that are beginning to mount right now. There aren't any logical explanations for several of his recent moves.

Dumars hired in 2000.

Grant Hill chooses to leave for Orlando, Dumars works a trade with the Magic and receives Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins.

Hires Rick Carlisle before 2001-02 season. Pistons win 50+ games, first playoff series win since 1991.

Signs Chauncey Billups, trades for Hamilton, drafts Prince before 2002-03 season. Team wins 50+, reaches Eastern Conf finals.

All of that before the signing of Larry Brown. Brown and Wallace put them over the top in 2003-04, nearly got them a repeat in 04-05. Brown makes an ass of himself repeatedly, Dumars hires Saunders.

Pistons post best record in the NBA in 05-06, lose in the Eastern Conf finals.

Pistons lose Ben Wallace, sign Webber, lose in Eastern Conf finals.

Pistons make one more Eastern Conf finals before heading straight downhill.

Those terrible signings don't get the "teams go through ups and downs" pass because they were bad moves from the start. brown. Since then, his moves have been mostly bad. Trading chauncy, overpaying players, hiring/firing coaches, etc.

I guess you missed the season long memo about injuries. Nueva has been gimping up and down the court with plantar fasc. His minutes

have been limited the last 3 monfs. I give him credit for playing as many games as he has. Who is the pistons coach anyway? I haven't

watched a single minute of a single game of theirs or any other team's this year. Tho I managed to make the finals in 2 fantasy NBA

leagues. :doublethumbsup:

I'm looking at his game log and seeing games where he actually was healthy. When he got big minutes, he had good numbers. But I'm seeing

games where Villa has: 16 minutes 9-15 20pts. 19mins 5-10 13pts. WTF? 9-15 and only gets 16 minutes playing time? Ive no idea what's going

on up there.

as for Gordon, he's been on and off injured all year. I said if they plan to go with him, they must trade Rip and they haven't.

I can see by the gamelogs when Rip was OUT in Oct-Nov, Gordon played well.

When Rip AND Gordon played January-March, Gordon's numbers sucked.

With Rip out again in April, Gordon is playing well.

I dunno what people were expecting, I said it back then, Rip has to go. That's like signing LT2 for stud money, then making him share time in

the backfield. It's not gonna work.

Isn't it sad though? Usually this is the best time of the year in Detroit. Pistons and Wings are going for championships, the Tigers are revving up, the Lions have a high pick in the draft and we can all fantasize about how they will finally hit .500 next season. It still is, but the Stones not being there hurts a lot.

Now we are talking about trading Rip, which is the right move. I hope he goes to Denver really, that way i can root for Denver even more. You can tell Rip has held a major grudge since they traded his partner, he just has been trying as hard.

I thought the stackhouse/rip trade and the hill trade were pre-dumars. I'll give him a bump then.

And huge, the current pistons team is not going anywhere. Yes they were injured but a lot of teams have to go through that. Bucks lost redd, spurs "big 3" are all averaging less than 32min a game, etc. The pistons are a terrible team. They need to get rid of players, get some big men, and get a distributor. Ben Wallace has somehow been good but maxiell has been a disappointment and wilcox is barely average.

And huge, the current pistons team is not going anywhere. They need to get rid of players,

1. Im the one who says 'it's not like they're going to the finals' meaning they're gonna suck so go in a diff direction.

2. Im the one demanding they get rid of certain players.

not sure how everyone gets the idea that my attitude is by signing these guys, miracles would happen. not even close.

It's the injuries, stupid.

next time Tom Brady blows out his knee, I'm going to come on here midseason and talk about how he sucks.

Bump. Is it still the injuries, stupid?