Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Best of the 2nd Round RB's!

Once the Adrian Peterson through Chris Johnsons are gone....whose the best of the next tier?

Seems like the following are some of the common available backs in the 2nd round:

Brandon Jacobs

Ryan Grant

Pierre Thomas

Kevin Smith

Marion Barber

Ronnie Brown

Larry Johnson

Each of alot of potential, but each also carry a "risK'....injury history or another back thats stealing carries or a subpar 2008

Whatchya guys think??

Jacobs

Barber

Brown

K.Smith

Thomas

Larry Johnson

I wouldn't dream of taking LJ in the second round. Brown, K.Smith and Thomas prolly 3rd rounders (depending on rosters and scoring)

I'd go with J.Addai or Jones-Drew.

I don't know, I think that's a reach on Jones-Drew. He could wait a round or two.

I don't know, I think that's a reach on Jones-Drew. He could wait a round or two.

They do have issues at WR and ? marks on the O-line, and do play in a division with tough defenses...... but cmon dude, Fred Taylor's not there anymore. And he's been putting up some nice numbers for a couple of years now. I'd maybe even take him in the 1st.

They do have issues at WR and ? marks on the O-line, and do play in a division with tough defenses...... but cmon dude, Fred Taylor's not there anymore. And he's been putting up some nice numbers for a couple of years now. I'd maybe even take him in the 1st.

Jones-Drew has a lot of upside, but I want a sure thing with my 1st pick. I think I'd be more likely to take Addai in the 1st.

In fact, I'm surprised Addai's still there in the second. I'd grab him there, and don't look back.

Jones-Drew has a lot of upside, but I want a sure thing with my 1st pick. I think I'd be more likely to take Addai in the 1st.

In fact, I'm surprised Addai's still there in the second. I'd grab him there, and don't look back.

I hate to say it (because I don't like you), but I agree. Addai is a do-it-all #1 running back for a top five offense. With the bonus of not having a lot of carries on him in his career and you know he'll be fresh come playoff time because they will be spelling him all year with a rookie.

Completely agree, this thread is insane

I thought someone bumped it from last year :doh: :lol: :lol: :huh:

I thought someone bumped it from last year :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too.

Or, a parellel universe or something.

Let me sum it up:

Addai and MJD are 2nd rd'ers and Addai should go b4 MJD. :doh:

The rantings of mad men, or, just ill-informed.

Me three.

Almost expected to see a comment on Rudi Johnson

Rudi's not second round material. A borderline RB3 at best.

Anoher obsolutely worthless post on FFTODAY......this is yet another example of why this site has gone to hell. People continue to pile on useless BS on top of interesting topic. :thumbsdown:

Anoher obsolutely worthless post on FFTODAY......this is yet another example of why this site has gone to hell. People continue to pile on useless BS on top of interesting topic. :headbanger:

dont sweat, I think a couple of guys found one of their rookie leaguemates asking a question on the board. Friggin Genius guys, keep up the good work. :thumbsdown:

1. Ryan Grant (no competion - all carries - great offense - good sched)

2. Brandon Jacobs (high injury risk, Bradshaw)

3. Marion Barber (wear down at end of season when you need him most, Felix is awesome, Choice)

4. Ronnie Brown (tough sched)

5. Pierre Thomas (injury - potential Mike Bell TD Vulture - Reggie Bush)

6. Kevin Smith (Detriot getting blown out stops running)

7. Larry Johnson (KC blows, coming of a terrible year)

Anoher obsolutely worthless post on FFTODAY......this is yet another example of why this site has gone to hell. People continue to pile on useless BS on top of interesting topic. :pointstosky:

Thank you Turcaso....other than the first reply, the rest was pretty much nonsense.

The Addai talk is interesting

True 2nd round RB options in my humble opinion:

Brandon Jacobs

Marion Barber

Clinton Portis

Brian Westbrook (Has lasted to the 2nd round in almost each of my mocks)

3rd rounders:

Ryan Grant

Addai

Kevin Smith

4th rounders:

Ronnie Brown

Pierre Thomas

Larry Johnson

Lynch?

Of the 2nd rounders...you have them ranked similarly of you were to go RB in 2nd round??