Sign in to follow this  
bjengel

Owner Dropped Out Day Before Draft - HELP!

Alright, well - one of the owners in our league just called and said that he has to drop out of the league - and we draft tomorrow evening!!!!!!

I've got a few people I'm contacting to see if they want to be in the league, but if I don't get somebody lined up by tomorrow evening then we are going to have to run with 11 teams this year.

Anybody have any experience of working a league with 11 teams? We usually do 3 divisions of 4 teams each, now we will probably have 2 divisions with 4 teams and 1 division with 3 teams.

How should I "alter" the schedule - should I just give everybody a bye week, or what??

Any help on what I should do to "accomidate" 11 teams would be greatly appreciated.

That sucks..

Not sure about the divisions..thats not as big a factor as who does the 11th team play each week.

I would eliminate divisions (1 big division) and have everyone play each other once and then there is 3 extra games to be played. I guess you could copy the first 3 weeks schedule for weeks 11-13.

The team that doesn't play anyone has to go against the average scores for the week.

Just a thought.

Either go with a bye week, or going into the draft, print out a rankings sheet from here or ESPn or wherever. When the time comes for the decunct team to draft, simply take BPA until all starting slots are filled. Then just draft BPA and fill out the bench.

When it comes to lineup decisions each week for the dummy team, just start the players who have the highest projections. No trading allowed with the dummy team, and if the team cant field a starting lineup for a particular week (injuries,byes,suspensions etc) just grab highest projected player from WW, dropping the lowest scoring player for the season.

Our league has an owner drop out last year (mid-season) and we went with the weekly lineup projections method of choosing the starting lineup for the dummy team. Worked out okay, all things considered. Hopefully you can find a replacement though. Good luck

One year we were short a team due to a loser dropping out late ... we made a 12th team the "Average Dummies" whose score each week was just the average of the other 11 teams scores. It worked out as a simple fair way to address a crappy situation (better than having to manage the roster for a bogus team).

One year we were short a team due to a loser dropping out late ... we made a 12th team the "Average Dummies" whose score each week was just the average of the other 11 teams scores. It worked out as a simple fair way to address a crappy situation (better than having to manage the roster for a bogus team).

And this will boost morale as you'll have slightly better rosters with only 11 teams being created rather than 12. :lol: