Sign in to follow this  
robb

Schaub or Ryan in 7th?

In a semi-keeper league, can keep 2 at each position, maximum of 5 keepers per year (or none).

Out of the 7.03 round I am expecting both these 2 QBs to be there. Both have a running game, TEs, Schaub has AJ and Ryan has White. Who would you take?? If you have the inclination-why?

Thanks to my fellow Board-mates for any input.

Let me preface my simple explanation with questions you are already answering in your post. Both have high octane offenses, and decent defenses. Long story short, these two are pretty much the same, according to you, in terms of talent, upside, etc.

Now, I am a believer this year that Schaub will stay healthy for a 15 or 16 game season. That's a question you need to address. If you agree then I would go with Schaub. Look at the schedules. The Falcons play both East divisions this year where as they played both West last year. Just saying. Houston has a much easier schedule w/ games against jets, jags, zona, cinci, frisco, buffalo, jags, seattle, rams and phins. All of those teams were in at least the bottom half of pass defenses last year. The jags, hawks, rams and dolphins games are weeks 13, 14, 15, 16.

Let me preface my simple explanation with questions you are already answering in your post. Both have high octane offenses, and decent defenses. Long story short, these two are pretty much the same, according to you, in terms of talent, upside, etc.

Now, I am a believer this year that Schaub will stay healthy for a 15 or 16 game season. That's a question you need to address. If you agree then I would go with Schaub. Look at the schedules. The Falcons play both East divisions this year where as they played both West last year. Just saying. Houston has a much easier schedule w/ games against jets, jags, zona, cinci, frisco, buffalo, jags, seattle, rams and phins. All of those teams were in at least the bottom half of pass defenses last year. The jags, hawks, rams and dolphins games are weeks 13, 14, 15, 16.

Gunner-great response!!

That is the kind of thoughtful analysis which is what you expect from this Board. Thank you very much!

I know they are very equal in potential points in a season and are getting drafted close to each other. More input is welcom!

I went with Ryan because I feel that they have a better running game. Also with the addition of Gonzalez, Ryan has a nice security blanket for TDs. I generally try not to pay attention to the schedule because you can't predict how well those so called "weak teams" will perform defensively this early on.

I went with Ryan because I feel that they have a better running game. Also with the addition of Gonzalez, Ryan has a nice security blanket for TDs. I generally try not to pay attention to the schedule because you can't predict how well those so called "weak teams" will perform defensively this early on.

Yeah, but when the comparison in schedule is this overwhelming it's hard to ignore. You're right though, a team like the Jags could find themselves a much better D all around. This is more of a factor to sway a pretty equal comparison one way or another.

I took Schaub in the same situation, Falcons have a better short yardage guy and redzone guy in Turner then Slaton, so that should mean less redzone pass opps.

on the other hand Slaton is a much better receiver outta the backfield which favors Schaub in that aspect as well

True to form, they were both there at 7.03.

So........... (drum roll)...........I selected Ryan.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I started out thinking Schaub, but based on all your comments, I went with Ryan.

Schaub went 2 picks ,ater.