Sign in to follow this  
belichick's hoody

Moss over LT

I picked 10th of 12 tonight. QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, K, D. Standard scoring plus 0.5 PPR. Grabbed SJax in the 10 spot and then had to choose between Moss and LT when it came back around to me. I went with the homer choice, mostly because I was planning on going RB-WR anyway. Here's how the rest of my draft went:

1(10) Steven Jackson

2(15) Randy Moss

3(34) Kevin Smith

4(39) Dwayne Bowe

5(58) Marshawn Lynch

6(63) Matt Ryan

7(82) Beanie Wells

8(87) Felix Jones

9(106) Kyle Orton

10(111) Giants D

11(130) Kellen Winslow

12(135) Trent Edwards

13(154) Chris Henry

14(159) Jermichael Finley

15(178) Matt Prater

Starters

QB Ryan

RB Steven Jackson

RB Kevin Smith

RB/WR Beanie Wells

WR Randy Moss

WR Dwayne Bowe

TE Kellen Winslow

K Matt Prater

D NYG

Bench

QB Orton

QB Edwards

RB Lynch

RB F Jones

WR Henry

TE Finley

Steve Smith and Roddy White were still on the board for my 3rd pick. Kevin Smith was the only decent RB left so I snatched him up, desperately hoping one of them would slide to my 4th slot. No such luck.

Not the biggest Bowe fan, but my other choices were reaching for a RB (Bush, Rice, Moreno) or Witten to fill TE. I think it was the right choice.

I had the same delimma tonight, however it was from the 12 spot. Jackson somehow fell to me and I had to choose between LT and Moss at 2.1. This is a .5pt per reception league, and felt that I needed a top WR before it got back to me at 3.12. I went with Moss, hoping him and Brady pull another great season together...I will take 80/1250/15 from Moss. My other RBs are a bit scary due to RBBC/Rookie issues....but I think the I drafted as well as I could have.

i think that looks about right for moss...i'm surprised that a lotta people are only projecting 12 TDs. he caught 11 with cassel who couldn't hit him on the deep ball, so I think he figures to fall in the 15-17 range.

Yes in a .05 PPR I take Moss....His TD ceiling is higher than LTs at this stage of LT's career, and you are talking about 80-85 recepts, vs maybe 45 - 50 for LT.

It ain't even close.

Yup. CBS Sportsline had him as like the #20 player on the pre-rank lists.

I think most people see the downward trend last year and that he's 30+ with an up and coming Sproles in the picture. I think he's an easy top 10 pick since he is a lot healthier than last year and still figures to play a large role in San Diego's offense. He was still the #7 Fantasy RB in a down year last season.

LT in the 2nd round is a steal. He was #7RB in a bad year with injury issues. A healthy LT will be #1 or maybe #2 behind Peterson.

Yup. CBS Sportsline had him as like the #20 player on the pre-rank lists.

I think most people see the downward trend last year and that he's 30+ with an up and coming Sproles in the picture. I think he's an easy top 10 pick since he is a lot healthier than last year and still figures to play a large role in San Diego's offense. He was still the #7 Fantasy RB in a down year last season.

most people are wrong..... Sproles is nothing more than a change of pace back, and a great special teams returner, there is no way 185lbs can last 16 games in the NFL... Norv Turner has projected LT to get around 315 carries this season and to be in the top 3 in the NFL in rushing... not that Turner can predict the future, but he is definitely telling everyone that LT is the feature back and that he intends to give him the rock early and often, not to mention the guy is in great shape and determined to prove everyone wrong... ahhahh don't get me started

LT in the 2nd round is a steal. He was #7RB in a bad year with injury issues. A healthy LT will be #1 or maybe #2 behind Peterson.

He was #5 in PPR leagues with an injury plagued season, and he has NEVER finished a season Behind Adrian Peterson before in PPR leagues :wall:

i think that is crazy that he is going in the 2nd round

most people are wrong..... Sproles is nothing more than a change of pace back, and a great special teams returner, there is no way 185lbs can last 16 games in the NFL... Norv Turner has projected LT to get around 315 carries this season and to be in the top 3 in the NFL in rushing... not that Turner can predict the future, but he is definitely telling everyone that LT is the feature back and that he intends to give him the rock early and often, not to mention the guy is in great shape and determined to prove everyone wrong... ahhahh don't get me started

He was #5 in PPR leagues with an injury plagued season, and he has NEVER finished a season Behind Adrian Peterson before in PPR leagues :wave:

i think that is crazy that he is going in the 2nd round

You guys must be playing with idiots. LT is top 5-7 draft pick in any point system. Where do you guys play? I hope there is no money involved in this league. As the previous reply stated, LT is still the man in SD, sproles is nothing unless LT goes down to injury. You made a bad mistake if you let him go.

Frankly, I think Randy Moss i being completely undervalued this year. He had an amazing year in 07 -- one for the record books. Why? because he was matched with one of the 3 best quarterbacks of all-time. that QB got hurt last year and Moss' number fell off.

People took Moss in the top 5 of last year's draft -- and rightfully so. They were killed by Brady's injury -- but now he's back. Randy Moss outscored the next best receiver in my league in 07 by about 100 points. He needs to be considered much higher.

Now, you'll all laugh at me -- and I understand why. But, i'm drafting from the 3 spot tonight in a 1 PPR league tonight (players also get rewarded for long-distance touchdowns). There is nobody at 3 that i'm in love with -- and i think you need to walk away from the 3 spot in the draft with a major difference-making impact player. I can poke holes in Forte, LT, Deangelo and michael turner. I wouldn't be completely confident in any of them -- and I feel like it's a pretty big step down from AD and MJD. So, i'm going to soak in the laughter surrounding me -- draft Moss and watch him recapture the magic with Brady. 18 Touchdowns from Moss this year!!!