Sign in to follow this  
Grind

***College Football Betting Thread***

was waiting for this. hopefully some of the heavy hitters are still around this year.

I'm already on these for a unit:

Oregon +4.5

Notre Dame -14

Minnesota -6.5

Leans...BYU, LaTech, Vtech, Colorado

otherwise probably light action for me first week

I too hope the big guns show up this year (Ditka, etc). That said, I just got a chance to check out some numbers.

Oregon/Boise State OVER 63.5 - Don't both of these teams generally hit 40 with ease?

Oklahoma - 21.5 BYU - No one likes to run up a score more then Stoops. Early season statement for Oklahoma and Bradford at home.

Oklahoma State -5.5 Georgia - New QB and RB for Georgia on the road against what I think should be a solid Oklahoma State team. I actually find it hard to beleive that an SEC team is traveling for a non-conference game.

Alabama -7 Virginia Tech - Doesn't V. Tech typically improve as the season goes on? Can see Bama winning and V. Tech not losing again.

I got a lean towards Ga. While they do have a new RB and QB, Cox is 5th year senior. This game is very similar to the game from 3 years ago. Look and see how that one went... Ga is loaded with talent again and both offense and defensive lines are healthy, unlike last season. Take the SEC team catching 6 all day long against the Big12.

I too hope the big guns show up this year (Ditka, etc). That said, I just got a chance to check out some numbers.

Oregon/Boise State OVER 63.5 - Don't both of these teams generally hit 40 with ease?

Oklahoma - 21.5 BYU - No one likes to run up a score more then Stoops. Early season statement for Oklahoma and Bradford at home.

Oklahoma State -5.5 Georgia - New QB and RB for Georgia on the road against what I think should be a solid Oklahoma State team. I actually find it hard to beleive that an SEC team is traveling for a non-conference game.

Alabama -7 Virginia Tech - Doesn't V. Tech typically improve as the season goes on? Can see Bama winning and V. Tech not losing again.

I believe the OU-BYU game is being played in dallas. Not a true home game.

Not saying I disagree; haven't looked at the game yet.

Glad to see this thread again!

Michigan is sure going to be distracted this week. I'm sure the players are already trying or have figured out who the rat is in the locker room. A lot of stuff shouldnt effect the players. This one is going to be hard to block out consider it is one of their own doing the snitching.

Michigan is sure going to be distracted this week. I'm sure the players are already trying or have figured out who the rat is in the locker room. A lot of stuff shouldnt effect the players. This one is going to be hard to block out consider it is one of their own doing the snitching.

They said his name last night on ESPN, apparently it is a former WR...

Didn't get to participate as much last year as in years past. Glad to see the thread back, and looking forward to hearing from the usual suspects.

I'm a notoriously slow starter, with very few plays early on.

Here's all that really excite me in Week 1:

Oregon +6 @ Boise: LOSER

Rice +5 @ UAB: LOSER

Ohio +4.5 vs UConn: LOSER

ETA: The guys in the know say Troy is a strong play, so I'll ride their insight. Let's get off to a big start!

Add Troy -7 LOSER

Best of luck to all!

Gentlemen :cheers:

Got some early leans.

I plan on jumping back in for more dicussion later this week. But my initial thoughts:

Thursday

NC State -5 vs S Car

Oregon +4 vs. @Boise

Saturday

Navy/OSU UNDER 47 @ OSU

Wake Forest -2.5 vs. Baylor

Illinois -6.5 vs. Mizzou (in StL)

Ohio U. +3.5 vs. UConn

E. Mich -5.5 vs. Army

Alabama/VT UNDER 38 @ Atlanta

C Mich +13.5 vs. @ Arizona

Monday

Cincy +6 vs. @ Rutgers

Canes +6 vs. @ FSU

Everyone is on Oregon and that line dropped from like 6 to currently 4 I believe. That scares me a bit.

why? if vegas is taking a ton of bets on oregon, they are going to make the boise side more attractive.

oregon is the play. their offense (masoli/blount who played really well 2nd half last season) should be able to wear down an inexperienced boise front 7. and on the other side, boise is having to replace basically their whole wr corp and their top rb. the home field and boise's qb moore will keep boise in it, but either way i love the points and glad i grabbed it a few days ago.

OREGON +4.5 1 unit LOSER

thats all i really like for tonight. wondering if phillybear is going to join us this year...

Yeah where is Phillybear? what about toledo lurch and swirven? come out fella's lets beat the books

So Oregon is the play tomorrow huh? I might stay away but like NC St a little also

Well for those who give a flying fock, I will be posting plays this year until I go busto or ROBUSTOOOOOOO.

NCAA: 0-0

NFL: 0-0

Thursdays Plays:

Oregon +3.5 LOSE

North Carolina State -4.5 LOSE

Troy -7 LOSE

North Texas +16 WIN

Navy/Ohio State O46 WIN

Kentucky -15 WIN

Kentucky/Miami Ohio O49 LOSE

Penn State -29.5 LOSE

Minnesota -7 LOSE

San Jose State/USC O47.5 WIN

Michigan -13 WIN

Illinois -6 LOSE

UAB -5.5 WIN

Stanford -17 WIN

Nebraska -23.5 WIN

Texas -42.5 LOSE

Texas A&M -14 WIN

Arizona -13.5 LOSE

LSU -17.5 LOSE

Ohio +4 LOSE

BYU/Oklahoma O63.5 LOSE

Alabama -6.5 WIN

Good Luck :pointstosky:

I would be a little worried about Oregon. Opening up @Boise on the blue turf. Losing their starting RB isnt a huge concern, because Johnson wasnt effective last year anyways. I would definitely take the over on this game, as it should be a shootout with these two defenses getting shredded, but I cant justify getting only 4.5 for Oregon.

Let's make it a very profitable year!

Oregon +4.5...looks like everyone is on this, me included. They have a lot to play for this year and know this game sets it all up, they will be ready. I usually like to go against the public, but not in this case.

NC St. -4.5...this line should be a lot higher, and would be if it wasn't for SC's SEC status and the 'Ol ball coach on the sidelines for them drawing the uninformed public money. NC St. should be much the better team, they are at home, and will put a thumpin' on the Gamecocks.

YTD 1-2

Will start off slow, will be adding more later and for sure some Thursday plays

MinnesotaU -7 (even)

adding Thursday Night plays

Troy -7 Loser

NC St -4.5 Loser

Boise St. -3 Winner

Here is the play fellas:

Illinois -6.5 over Missouri

Back up the truck and take it to the bank. This will be an easy winner. I am coming out of the gates firing this year.

I'm also locked in to Utah -20.5 but for a MUCH smaller play.

Here is the play fellas:

Illinois -6.5 over Missouri

Back up the truck and take it to the bank. This will be an easy winner. I am coming out of the gates firing this year.

I'm also locked in to Utah -20.5 but for a MUCH smaller play.

I too like Illinois a lot in this game.

Will start off slow, will be adding more later and for sure some Thursday plays

MinnesotaU -7 (even)

locked this in a week or so ago at -6.5. great play imo, syracuse is a mess.

where is everyone on the georgia-okla st game? one of the best matchups of the weekend...there is a lot of rumored injuries and defections for okla st this week, i was already leaning georgia but now i think i'm definitely in for +5. thoughts?

I'll be honest, my heart isn't exactly into this stuff this year. Good luck to everybody this year.

Edit: I reread my intro this morning, and I edited. I am way too long winded.

Thursday

NC State (-4.5) for 5 units LOSER

Utah St (+21) for 5 units WINNER

Boise St (-2.5)@-110 and -115 for 5 units WINNER

Troy (-6.5) for 5 units LOSER

North Texas (+16.5) for 2 units WINNER

Friday

Tulane (+14) for 5 units

A couple of very quick notes...

Utah lost a lot of offense to graduation, Utah St's new coach was a coordinator with Utah last year;

Bowling Green lost a lot to graduation while Troy is the class of the Sun Belt again this year; new BG coach, which was a very dumb move for an overachieving team.

Tulane's season was decimated by injuries on offense last year after a very promising start, making them very undervalued while Tulsa lost an excellent QB and #1 WR to graduation which sets up a shootout.

For those on Oregon, Boise St is 17-2 ATS as a favorite of less than 12 points in last 19 games in Boise. Boise's frosh QB was great last year and will only get better. Weird things happen on the blue turf.

NC St was a favorite of mine down the stretch last year, if you folks will recall me betting on them week after week late. NC St got better after getting two key defensive players back on D. NC St QB Russell Wilson is a star right now. SC is overrated, no offense, and is getting too much credit based on their coach

Ball St will struggle without Nate Davis on offense, and North Texas is not good but have the coach's son at QB who knows his wide open passing offense very well and NT will score points.

But, with all good intentions this year, the best of luck to everybody, and I hope we can keep the thread a place where gentlemen hangout. Hopefully, Yer Mom will make a frequent appearance to impart his wisdom upon us. Hurricane Ditka tends to avoid weekday games, so those that are anxious to see him, stay patient.

I like

Mississippi -17 v Memphis

LSU -17.5 v Washington (going to this game go tigers)

Alabama -6.5 v virginia tech

The over in the oregon boise state game.

Georgia +5 v Oklahoma state.

The sleeper is Stanford -16.5 v washington state.

I'm almost tempted to take san jose state +32.5 against usc.

locked this in a week or so ago at -6.5. great play imo, syracuse is a mess.

Yeah I mean we have a decent team with the Gophers going against a QB who has not played football the last 4 years...

I mean Greg Paulus :music_guitarred:

Boise St. has a 49 game home winning streak... This line is down to 3... I doubt it comes off of that number, but I gotta lean towards Boise here. Also like Utah State and NCSt.

Boise - 3 - 1 Unit

Utah St. + 21 - 1 unit

Nc St - 5 - 1 Unit

GL Guys!

thanks for posting philly, your insight is always appreciated. hopefully after the games kickoff tnight you'll start to get back into it. i like most of your plays, i'm on the other side in the oregon game though, but i'm at +4.5 so we can both win. boise prob worth a play at under 3, didn't figure the line would drop that far.

Let the winning begin!!!

Im going opposite of you on Notre Dame Oregon BYU and VA Tech. So sad to say my friend but one of us wont be off to a good start this year. good luck.

Boise St. has a 49 game home winning streak... This line is down to 3... I doubt it comes off of that number, but I gotta lean towards Boise here.

Last night, my line was Boise St (-3)@+110. Crazy line, with plus odds. I bought off the 3.

I'm always wary when the public is all over a dog like this. If the line held around -6, I would have been convinced it was a trap game. But it's not.

thanks for posting philly, your insight is always appreciated. hopefully after the games kickoff tnight you'll start to get back into it.

Thanks. We'll see.

0-0

Playing NC State -4 for 2 units...

NCST QB Russell Wilson was very impressive to me last year absolutely destoying teams last year toward the end and would have had a bowl win if not for an injury. Last year's score (34-0) is very deceiving as it was only 3-0 when Wilson was knocked out of the game.

Ol Ball Coach still has Garcia at QB, so I like the home team and much better QB here.

Playing Oregon if I get 3 or more, two units

Oregon's QB Masoli was knocked out of last year's game by a cheap shot late hit by Boise. By the end of the game, Oregon was playing a fifth-stringer at QB in the loss.

I think Oregon has had this one circled for a long time and while going against Boise on the smurf turf isn't usually a good idea I will do it if I'm getting 3 or more. (I bet with a local so I don't know what he's going to have it at...)

Oregon's big moose running back returns and I think Boise won't stop them on the ground.

Good luck to all

Got Ducks +3

Hello fellas!!! We have another year upon us, and I am excited.

I live about 10 minutes from Bowling Green and can confirm what Philly says and that they will be crappy this year. They are really going to miss their former coach. This game is my play of the week.

Troy -7 for 3 units

It also appears that the line is moving up. I had to buy a .5 point to get it down to 7.

Good luck all!!!