Sign in to follow this  
ampheels

Own Ray Rice as a Rb3, do i have enough depth to sell high?

in a league that plays 2rb's and a flex.. it is a non PPR league

my rb situation is the following : steve slaton/chris johnson/ray rice/ felix jones/ ahmad bradshaw/ james davis

can i afford to move rice along with hester or tedd ginn jr in attempt to get a top 12WR?? or should i just move felix or bradshaw and try to get a low to mid range WR2

thanks in advance for your input

sorry for not stating this originally..its a 12 team league with standard scoring

the WR on my roster (i know thin, but alot of upside) - desean jackson/anthony gonzalez/ devin hester/ tedd ginn jr/ chris henry

thanks again

You can move him...but I think his value will only get higher before it gets lower. I would hold off on moving him at this point but if you think he's peaked then go for it.

sorry for not stating this originally..its a 12 team league with standard scoring

the WR on my roster (i know thin, but alot of upside) - desean jackson/anthony gonzalez/ devin hester/ tedd ginn jr/ chris henry

thanks again

I think you should keep him. Chris Henry might emerge as a top fantasy scorer this year. Don't know if you have a flex position but Rice would be the best option for that slot. With Slaton and CJ as your primary backs. I'd hold on to Rice for insurance because those guys are small framed which increases the chances of them missing a few games due to injury. Another option you might want to check into. Is Earl Bennett on ww? Maybe you could pick him up. Cutler has chemistry with him and he may put up numbers better than TG Jr.

bennett was drafted.. its an 18 round draft for a 12 team league..

guys on waivers at wideout : bobby engram/kenny britt/malcom floyd/devry henderson/camarillo and bess/mike walker/etc... so basically not alot

i think i'm likely to move felix or bradshaw along with ginn jr for a low end # 2 guy ranked in the 15-25 range

cbssports is reporting the Rice is going to get the bulk of the carries, and this includes goal line carries. You may want to hold off on trading Rice right now as I think his value will increase quite a bit once this news gets out.

Sorry I have no link but I got this info from a "feed" that sends out email football updates. I'll try and find a link.

thanks for the update concerning rice... i'm leaning towards keeping him

if i can roll out a starting lineup of the following, i'll feel very comfortable in a 12 team league

qb-rodgers

rb-slaton

rb- chris johnson

wr- desean jackson

wr-anthony gonzalez

wr- **whoever i trade for**

flex- ray rice

te- carlson/keller

bench: james davis/ hester/ and whoever i don't deal out of (felix/bradshaw/ginn jr/ chris henry)

do you think i can get a serviceable # 2 type wideout (jackson/housh/welker/braylon/etc) for felix/ginn jr/chris henry????

thanks for the update concerning rice... i'm leaning towards keeping him

if i can roll out a starting lineup of the following, i'll feel very comfortable in a 12 team league

qb-rodgers

rb-slaton

rb- chris johnson

wr- desean jackson

wr-anthony gonzalez

wr- **whoever i trade for**

flex- ray rice

te- carlson/keller

bench: james davis/ hester/ and whoever i don't deal out of (felix/bradshaw/ginn jr/ chris henry)

do you think i can get a serviceable # 2 type wideout (jackson/housh/welker/braylon/etc) for felix/ginn jr/chris henry????

Hard to say...I think you'd have to find an owner in your league that has a woody for one of those guys in order to give up a sure fire #2 like the ones you've listed. I think Henry is exciting to some people so I think he'd have to be involved.

Hard to say...I think you'd have to find an owner in your league that has a woody for one of those guys in order to give up a sure fire #2 like the ones you've listed. I think Henry is exciting to some people so I think he'd have to be involved.

the mb3 owner has vincent jackson.. and the jacobs owner has housh.. thats why im targeting those guys... the owner of greg jennings(who drafted WR/WR/QB) and is thin at rb might jump on an offer of felix/hester/henry

i do agree what you're saying tho, i just want a serviceable guy with relatively consistant projections due to gonzalez/jackson being low end 2's with high upside

I too have Rice.

I drafted 2 weeks ago before he was so high on the charts (MaGahee and McClain went before him)

I got Rice in the 9th round.

In a 12 Teamer with 2 RB's and a flex, I got:

Turner, Grant, Parker, and Rice. :(

I hope he the stud he's supposed to be. :music_guitarred:

the mb3 owner has vincent jackson.. and the jacobs owner has housh.. thats why im targeting those guys... the owner of greg jennings(who drafted WR/WR/QB) and is thin at rb might jump on an offer of felix/hester/henry

i do agree what you're saying tho, i just want a serviceable guy with relatively consistant projections due to gonzalez/jackson being low end 2's with high upside

Ahhh yes...find the owners who have the starting RBs and they'll reach for the backups. I have LT in my auction league and overspent in order to get Sproles as well. Good strategy.

I'm gonna say no, especially if the other owner is smart and realizes you're thin at WR. Maybe a guy like Edwards, but I would consider those other 3 you listed considerably better than Braylon.

I would just wait it out for a couple weeks. As you said, your WR's have upside so maybe they turn out ok. But a lot of your backup RB's have upside as well, so if your WR's aren't working out, hopefully one or two of Rice/Felix/Bradshaw/Davis does, and then you can "sell high" on one of those guys (assuming Slaton and Johnson aren't busts).

Maybe the guys with Barber and Jacobs would want their backups, but that Jennings trade is pretty terrible.

Maybe the guys with Barber and Jacobs would want their backups, but that Jennings trade is pretty terrible.

my mistake on the jennings listing.. it was felix/bradshaw/hester for jennings and fillers(buckhalter/peyton hillis)> it was actually suggested post draft

but yea i'm likely to go at ppl thin at rb(4-5 owners with very poor rb3's) or the owners who have mb3/jacobs

thanks again for the input