Sign in to follow this  
ben4uf

Did I make a mistake trading for Westbrook? Gave up Grant

Just wondering what the consensus is on whether Westbrook has better value than Grant this season. It is a PPR league but only 0.25/rec.

It was me giving up Grant/Coles for Westy/J.Morgan (he needed some help at WR).

My other RBs are PT, Rice, LJ, McCoy (huge reason I went for his Westbrook offer) and Mendenhall as a flier.

Trade is already done, but just wondering how others view the trade. Did I gain overall? Coles was on my bench anyhow since I have AJ, Jennings and Cotchery.

Just wondering what the consensus is on whether Westbrook has better value than Grant this season. It is a PPR league but only 0.25/rec.

It was me giving up Grant/Coles for Westy/J.Morgan (he needed some help at WR).

My other RBs are PT, Rice, LJ, McCoy (huge reason I went for his Westbrook offer) and Mendenhall as a flier.

Trade is already done, but just wondering how others view the trade. Did I gain overall? Coles was on my bench anyhow since I have AJ, Jennings and Cotchery.

Well, seing as you already owned the handcuff, I think overall you improved.

I would have made the same trade,, if thats any condolence. Good job IMO.

No mistake. A healthy Westbrook is much better than Ryan Grant. With his handcuff, your in a real good situation there.

hah, thanks guys. guess i just wanted some reassurance that my overall thinking wasn't flawed. sure hope westy manages to stay mostly healthy and play 14-15 games. :thumbsdown:

No mistake. A healthy Westbrook is much better than Ryan Grant. With his handcuff, your in a real good situation there.

What about the 2-3 games a year where Westy is probable all the way to kickoff? having the handcuff just poses more of a WSIS problem.

I still like the trade but your trading for someone I think has a down year and giving a back who I think has an upswing this year

What about the 2-3 games a year where Westy is probable all the way to kickoff? having the handcuff just poses more of a WSIS problem.

I still like the trade but your trading for someone I think has a down year and giving a back who I think has an upswing this year

i thought about that too, but then i also looked at the packers schedule and they sure play some tough DEFs and play BAL, CHI and PIT wk 13-15. westy/mccoy have it a lot easier. i think ya gotta play westy when listed as probable but yeah i realize he demands a close eye on status up until gametime for a handful of games...the good thing is i wont ever get screwed by having to wait and not having someone else to plug in.

I wouldn't have done it.

any reasoning behind that?

Good Trade. Your objective when trading is to wind up with the best overall player, and you accomplished that by getting Westbrook. B-West can carry your team to a victory nearly single-handedly at times.

You're covered well since you already have McCoy. Solid work.

I happen to think Ryan Grant is going to have a great season this year. Last year he was plagued by injuries and he's motivated this year. Westbrook is going to be good and I think a little more healthy this year primarily because he's not going to get the workload that he's accustomed to. I mean, Michael Vick is going to be taking away some of Westbrook's plays and I believe DeSean Jackson will turn the Eagles into a more vertical attacking team. Overall, I think it was a pretty even trade, but I wouldn't have made it. I like Ryan Grant to get double digit TD's this year on a very good Packer offense.

I may end up regretting it, but I took Grant over Westbrook. I seriously did consider Westbrook but took Grant for the following reasons:

1. Grant held out of training camp last year and came in unprepared. Lots of nagging injuries throughout the season. That shouldn't be the case this year

2. Packers will probably score more points than Eagles.

3. Drafting Westbrook would mean I would have to draft his handcuff, thus taking up 2 roster spots when I only have 12 spots available. It's practically guaranteed that Westbrook will miss some games.

4. Reliable info regarding Westbrook's playing status was lacking. As a result, last year's Westbrook owner had to guess if he should start him or not... and ended up guessing wrong most of the time.

5. Age

I have BW ranked above Grant because his up side is much higher but be prepared to spend some Sunday mornings checking the inactive lists.

Your objective when trading is to wind up with the best overall player, and you accomplished that by getting Westbrook.

I disagree.

I think GB will be one if not THE best offense in the NFC. Grant will be the beneficiary of a great passing attack. As long as he is healthy, I think he will be a top ten RB, easily. I think Westbrook is on the wrong side of 30, is hobbled and is playing behind a brand new o-line, one that even diehard philly fans aren't excited about.

I think Grant will well exceed Westbrrok this season.

I would have kept Grant and hoped that Westy gets injured. Frankly, I have Westbrook in a league and McCoy in two and I am hoping Westy goes down! McCoy showed me enough in preseason that he SHOULD be able to produce at a high level if given the opportunity. I hope we don't see a rbbc forming here which is what I think no one is talking about.