Sign in to follow this  
NAn

*** Buy Low/Sell High/Hold On/Cut Loose Wk1 Thread ***

Alot of us don't actually get to see every game in it's entirety or even signficant amount so looking for those who watched specific games and add analysis 'between the stat lines' which we all know, doesn't always paint whole picture.

I'll start with...

BUY LOW CANDIDATE - CARSON PALMER

He went pretty cheap in drafts as it is, so 'buy low' is relative but I watched most of the game and what I saw was combo of Den actually playing some decent D (came at Palmer with a bunch of blitz packages and diff looks from all diff positions/angles) and some 'confusion/rustiness' from Palmer. Cincy WRs did have a bunch of drops (particularly Coles) so that isn't on Carson. But at times he just looked confused back there...and also the speed of game looked like he wasn't used to. But remember, virtually no preseason and missing 12 games last year, so I could see that. Otherwise he threw well when he had time...remains to be seen since just one game if that was b/c of OL play or again him being a bit slow to game speed for him being pressured alot. But they did run ball relatively well so not sure if that was an OL thing. Random thought that Ocho is going to be fine this year IMO and great value where he was going in draft. He looked very good at times, with nice route running, speed/strength.

Anyway, my take is despite the overall score and Palmer's stat line within a few weeks if not next couple games, he'll be fine.

It goes without saying that I'm cutting Delhomme loose after his awe-inspiring 5 turnover performance. Luckily he's just my backup, but at that pace he won't even be starting by the time I'll need a bye week fill-in.

I'll add that it was just one game, but it was Caldwell not Henry that was a factor, particularly late in game.

After watching the Bucs game today, I think it's safe to say that Earnest Graham isn't going to see much playing time at all unless one of Cadillac or Ward get hurt. Both of them looked great, while Graham was playing special teams. Worth dropping for a good WW add.