Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

****Official College Football Wagering Thread****

My apologies if anyone has started the thread for this week already.

Post them if you got them.

Overall NCAA YTD: 46-35-1; +5.91 units

NCAA Subset: 5 unit plays or higher: 21-21-1; -20.05 units

Overall NFL YTD: 15-11; +24.23 units

NFL Subset: 5 unit plays: 8-2; +29.7 units

Thursday

Mississippi (-3)@-115 for 10 units LOSER

Miss getting 78% of the action. The line is bouncing up and down. And yes, I've lost my first two 10 unit games this year. I get it, Miss is a public fav in a national game. But...Miss brings the better offense and better defense into this game, each side of the ball is a significant advantage. Especially the outstanding defensive line of Ole Miss. The visitor has won and covered the last 6 meetings in the series. Last year, So Car beat Miss the week following Miss's upset win at Florida in a flat spot, so revenge is on the table. The following game, Miss dropped a 4 point game to Alabama, and hasn't lost since. Time for Miss to put their hat into the national picture with a thumping over So Car. Most of the trends cancel out, so I am looking at this game from a purely technical and statistical standpoint.

Good luck to all.

PB....long time lurker, and follower. Curious what your thoughts are on Michigan vs Indiana. IU homer here, but seriously think this is a 35-3 type blowout. 21 pts seems like an easy lay for Michigan?

PB....long time lurker, and follower. Curious what your thoughts are on Michigan vs Indiana. IU homer here, but seriously think this is a 35-3 type blowout. 21 pts seems like an easy lay for Michigan?

I'll be doing most of my research Fri night. I might not get back to you for a couple of days.

Good luck.

I too like Michigan in this game; however, there is the issue of Michigan traveling to East Lansing next week. Maybe Philly can let us know what Michigan is ATS the week prior to the MSU game the past ten years. Of course, this is a whole new staff and new system and players. History may not be a good indicator of this year's team. All in all, I think Michigan covers this game but probably not by a lot. I actually think Michigan is under-rated this year in terms of the point spreads. They are young with 89 of the 120 players freshman and sophmores. They will get better as the year progresses.

I like the following this week at this point.

Cinci -16.5 (Since his days at GVSU, Brian Kelly has been nothing but a great coach...been riding Cinci for a couple years, so I'm not stopping this week)

Rutgers -2.5 (Think the Cinci opener was an eye opener and Maryland isn't very good)

Ohio State/Ill over 50 (Just seems to make sense)

Stanford -7 (Washington is most likely still celebrating and now has to hit the road)

Penn State -10 (Night game in Happy Valley...advantage home team with more talent).

Thoughts?

YTD Posted Plays 8-5

This week..

South Carolina +4- Put me on the bandwagon that says Mississippi is not a top 5 team. I'll take the home team getting points. SC offense is improving.

UNC +2.5- I know this is a ranked team getting points against unranked. But Im very unimpressed with the GTech offense. I like Yates and the young receivers.

Temple -2.5- Huge game for Temple to get off to a good start if they want a shot to be a top team in the MAC this year.

Cincy -16.5- This Cincy team could run the table. Think they put up a ton of points and Fresno won't be able to keep up.

Illinois +14- Illinois is better than the thrashing they took vs Mizzou.

Miami -2.5- I am on the Miami and Jacory Harris bandwagon. This team is very good. I know its in Blackburg but I do not like the Va Tech offense at all.

Penn State -9.5- Night game at State College. Its going to be a White Out. Penn State is the better team here. Doesn't bode well for Iowa in my opinion.

Washington +7.5- Could be a big let down game. But Washington and Locker are better than this line is giving them credit for.

Houston PK- Who would of thought that Houston may have a more prolific offense than Texas Tech this year.

PB, if you could give your opinions on the following games (just if you plan to bet one team or stay away) before friday evening, I would appreciate it:

mizzou vs nevada

wash vs stanford

ohio vs tenn

pitt vs nc st

ariz vs oregon st

miami at va tech

thanks

PB, if you could give your opinions on the following games (just if you plan to bet one team or stay away) before friday evening, I would appreciate it:

mizzou vs nevada

wash vs stanford

ohio vs tenn

pitt vs nc st

ariz vs oregon st

miami at va tech

thanks

Dude, really? Asking a guy to prognosticate 1-2 games is a solid favor, 6 games with a deadline? Philly is pretty helpful, but why not just show up at his doorstep and rail his broad for him for a bit while he does your homework. Geebus

No worries.

Work keeps me busier nowadays, or I'd be able to respond to questions more quickly. Most of the time, I only have Friday night to study over the card. I'm flattered anyone gives a sh!t what I think. I'm off to an inconsistent start in college foots to say the least.

I think over the years the gambling threads have featured some sharp guys with good opinions and insight. Hopefully, it will continue to do so in the future.

NCAA YTD 5-10

Pretty miserable start to the season, especially my 0-6 two weeks ago. Time to set things straight.

This weeks picks for you to go against:

Minnesota +2.5 @ N'western

Buffalo +3 @ Temple

Michigan State +3 @ Wisconsin

Maryland +2.5 vs Rutgers

Va Tech +3 vs Miami

Fla Int +2.5 vs Toledo

TCU +3.5 @ Clemson

Good luck to all!

I look for a fairly close game tonight. SC will keep it on the ground but I think Mississippi wins a fairly low scoring game.

Mississippi ML

Under 53

NCAA YTD 5-10

Pretty miserable start to the season, especially my 0-6 two weeks ago. Time to set things straight.

This weeks picks for you to go against:

Minnesota +2.5 @ N'western

Buffalo +3 @ Temple

Michigan State +3 @ Wisconsin

Maryland +2.5 vs Rutgers

Va Tech +3 vs Miami

Fla Int +2.5 vs Toledo

TCU +3.5 @ Clemson

Good luck to all!

I'm assuming the bolded selections are your picks. I don't know anything about the choices but was curious about whether taking the moneylines on each of these dogs would be better than taking the points. The moneyline is anywhere from +120 to + 145 with these spreads and the average cut is -110 if you take the points. If you play the moneylines, you can practically break even if you go 3-4, but would lose over a unit if you took the points and went 3-4. You probably already know this but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

so far all i'm on is miami -2.5 though i'm curious as to what philly and others think of this game. seems somewhat square to fade vtech after their game with nebr. and miami looking pretty impressive so far. line has moved from -1 to -3, public pretty heavily on the canes...i dunno. i feel like i need to be talked out of this one.

I'm putting a taste on tonight. It seems to me that these teams are pretty even, so I'm playing for value with the home dog.

South Carolina +165 ML -winner

Gentlemen,

Gimme some c0ck.

No major write up here, new flavor of the week had her offer accepted and went into escrow so ive been being fed margaritas since about noon, little tatered. Home dog, I like qhat im seeing from Garcia lately, offense looks to be on up and up, ball coach, special teams, other stuff.

South Carolina Gamecocks +4.5

EAwer, sorry if I came across as a shiitstain, its the booze.

Good luck!!

College TYD 11-12 -2.17 units

Miss -4.5

liked the under but it moved on me when placing the betr from 52 to 51.5 should not have been to not take the bet, but just felt weird do didnt make it

Dude, really? Asking a guy to prognosticate 1-2 games is a solid favor, 6 games with a deadline? Philly is pretty helpful, but why not just show up at his doorstep and rail his broad for him for a bit while he does your homework. Geebus

I am just asking his opinion on games he is already going to handicap anyway... Do not think it is that big of deal TBH.

I think Mizzou is the play and others I speak to like the over but that total went from 59 to 61.5. I might make a small play on Mizzou tonight.

YTD Posted Plays 8-5

This week..

South Carolina +4- Put me on the bandwagon that says Mississippi is not a top 5 team. I'll take the home team getting points. SC offense is improving. WIN

UNC +2.5- I know this is a ranked team getting points against unranked. But Im very unimpressed with the GTech offense. I like Yates and the young receivers.

Temple -2.5- Huge game for Temple to get off to a good start if they want a shot to be a top team in the MAC this year.

Cincy -16.5- This Cincy team could run the table. Think they put up a ton of points and Fresno won't be able to keep up.

Illinois +14- Illinois is better than the thrashing they took vs Mizzou.

Miami -2.5- I am on the Miami and Jacory Harris bandwagon. This team is very good. I know its in Blackburg but I do not like the Va Tech offense at all.

Penn State -9.5- Night game at State College. Its going to be a White Out. Penn State is the better team here. Doesn't bode well for Iowa in my opinion.

Washington +7.5- Could be a big let down game. But Washington and Locker are better than this line is giving them credit for.

Houston PK- Who would of thought that Houston may have a more prolific offense than Texas Tech this year.

Good start. 1-0 on week. Now 9-5 YTD.

Adding:

Nevada +7.5- I'm not sure what to make of Missouri. They blew out a good Illinois team but then needed to rally to beat Bowling Green. I think they're closer to the team that beat BG. Blaine Gabbert looked more like the sophomore, first time starter that he is in that game. Kaepernick is a lot better than he's played so far. I like the home dog getting more than a TD here.

College YTD 12-16 - 5.76 Units

Nevada +7.5 1.1 Unit Loser

Michigan State +3 1.1 Unit Loser

Illinois +14 Loser

NC. St +1.5 Winner

Overall NCAA YTD: 46-36-1; -5.59 units

NCAA Subset: 5 unit plays or higher: 21-22-1; -31.55 units

Friday, and in a serious slump

Nevada (+8)@-110 for 5 units LOSER

OVER (61)@-109 for 3 units LOSER

Overall NCAA YTD: 46-38-1; -14.36 units

NCAA Subset: 5 unit plays or higher: 21-23-1; -37.05 units

Gentlemen,

Im focked up for a second ay in a row....YEEEHHAAAWWWW!!!! And I dont feel like writing shiit, so after looking into everything, ill just post it and collect :first:

Real quick here though, Nevada isnt sa bad as theyve looked for the past two weeks, a little home remedy should right the offensive ship something nice (from a turnover standpoint) and god damn tath D is still atrocious.

Nevada/Missouri OVER THE PROJECTED TOTAL OF 61

Good luck!!

For those who look for them, Dr Bob 1-1-1 on Best bets this year...

3 stars: Stanford

2 stars: Navy, UL Monroe

Strong Opinions: UNDER Miss/SoCar, OVER Stanf/Wash, Fresno St, Minnesota, Temple

Against Yer Mom's advise, I am going with the under tonight. Hopefully, he will push.

Missou/Nevada under 61.5

good luck all!!!

AZ State +11.5 vs. UGA The Bulldogs have played 3 hard games in a row and they are banged up. Plus, The Bulldogs have one of the worse defenses(that def is giving up 33 pts per game) in the country. The Dawgs might win, but they will not cover. I am thinking UGA 34 ASU 31.

Against Yer Mom's advise, I am going with the under tonight. Hopefully, he will push.

Missou/Nevada under 61.5

good luck all!!!

Well donew sir, never in the past 5 years have the books kept me at below 65-70% to start the College year off but this year they have. I have nothing to say right now, just tucking my tail between my legs crawling into a hole. Keep on winnin!

:humble:

Good luck!!

I'm wagering that some angry, hairy brute of a man finds you alone in a dark alley, slugs you to the ground, pulls off all your clothes, dips his right arm in habanero sauce up to his shoulder and gives you a prostate exam that even the most intense counseling will never let you forget.

:music_guitarred:

mizzou vs nevada

wash vs stanford

ohio vs tenn

pitt vs nc st

ariz vs oregon st

miami at va tech

thanks

I can tell you to avoid the AZ/Oregon St game. This game can go either way. Historically, OSU has owned AZ in the last few games but last time AZ made a mid-season QB change it was at OSU...they won that game. This game hinges on Foles (QB for AZ) and no one is sure how he will play. He can throw and that is what AZ needs. OSU gives up a lot of yards in the air.

OSU looks like the play with the huge swing towards them but be careful here.

I will definitely be on Miami and likely NC St.

CFB: 0-0; 0 units (1 unit = $25)

Hi fellas. I love coming to this forum to see the plays. I'll play along again this year. So here are my plays for the weekend.

2* 10pt Teaser: Northwestern Over 39.5/Northwestern +10/Michigan Over 44

1* Boston College -1.5

1* Northwestern PK

1* Oregon +5.5

1* Miami FL -2.5

1* Houston PK

1* UL Monroe +3.5

1* Toledo PK

Good luck and lets win some $$$ this weekend.

Any thoughts on Florida State -14? I am liking FSU more and more. Miami appears legit and FSU should have won that game. They naturally have a let down after the Miami game and before the BYU game and look very bad. Then they go to BYU and win easy. South Florida loses their QB and pretty much their identity. Just seems this line should be higher making FSU a good play.

CFB: 0-0; 0 units (1 unit = $25)

Hi fellas. I love coming to this forum to see the plays. I'll play along again this year. So here are my plays for the weekend.

2* 10pt Teaser: Northwestern Over 39.5/Northwestern +10/Michigan Over 44 LOSS - God damn fumble

1* Boston College -1.5

1* Northwestern PK LOSS

1* Oregon +5.5

1* Miami FL -2.5

1* Houston PK

1* UL Monroe +3.5

1* Toledo PK

Good luck and lets win some $$$ this weekend.

Ha...one more game

2* 1H USC -26

Overall NCAA YTD: 46-38-1; -14.36 units

NCAA Subset: 5 unit plays or higher: 21-23-1; -37.05 units

For those that asked, believe me, nobody wants my opinion on a game, as my death march continues. Yuck. I suck.

For 10 units

Michigan St (+3)@-113 LOSER

TCU (+3)@-112 WINNER

Central Michigan (-16.5)@-117 WINNER

Pittsburgh (+1)@-109 LOSER

Miami Fla (-2.5)@-101 LOSER

California (-5.5)@-107 LOSER

Arkansas St (-2.5)@-108 LOSER

Boise St (-16.5)@-107 WINNER

Toledo (+1)@-107 WINNER

Miami OH (+7.5)@-116 LOSER

Arizona (+3.5)@-114 WINNER