Sign in to follow this  
Chargersin08

Julius Jones

I think he's a solid RB2. His OC always has a top 10 defence, and they've got enough of a passing game to keep teams honest. The O-line sucks, but they have guys coming back. Edge is no threat. Forsett is a nice change of pace, but he's not an every down back (and they cut him last year, so they can't regard him too highly). In a league where's there's not many backs who will get 20 carries a game, think Jones is a pretty good one to have on your team. I'm starting him over Grant this week.

He's still his same average self. He had a big day against the Rams (mainly due to one big run) and then ran for 98 on a very overrated, soft Bears Defense.

He'll have a few more nice games but I wouldn't count on him as more then a 3rd back.

No love for JJ, eventhough he has 3 TDs so far this year - 2 of them receiving and is averaging 4.9 ypc. As for statements like he had 1 big run or an overated Bears defense, I would reply does the one big run not count? You can eliminate at least 50% of good RB performances by eliminating 1 or 2 runs and as for the Bears defense - Wk 1 they gave up 69 rushing yards to the GB running backs & Wk 2 they gave up 99 rushing yards to Pitts RBs - so JJ racking up 99 yards rushing on that defense is looking pretty good.

Not sure about your league, but in mine Grant and Parker were both drafted well before Jones. There is a similar posting on Cedric Benson and the fact that he is the only real running threat in the Cinny backfield is pointed out quite a bit on that post . . . I think the same logic applies here . . . JJ for better or worse is the only horse Seattle can ride this season.

No love for JJ, eventhough he has 3 TDs so far this year - 2 of them receiving and is averaging 4.9 ypc. As for statements like he had 1 big run or an overated Bears defense, I would reply does the one big run not count? You can eliminate at least 50% of good RB performances by eliminating 1 or 2 runs and as for the Bears defense - Wk 1 they gave up 69 rushing yards to the GB running backs & Wk 2 they gave up 99 rushing yards to Pitts RBs - so JJ racking up 99 yards rushing on that defense is looking pretty good.

Not sure about your league, but in mine Grant and Parker were both drafted well before Jones. There is a similar posting on Cedric Benson and the fact that he is the only real running threat in the Cinny backfield is pointed out quite a bit on that post . . . I think the same logic applies here . . . JJ for better or worse is the only horse Seattle can ride this season.

;)

He's not an elite runner, but he's a fairly good one. He's relatively young, so he still has some legs, and they are using him a lot. The only fear was that Edge would come in and and take away carries, but that hasn't happened yet and isn't likely to happen. If Edge had anything left, he would still be starting in Arizona, not discarded and signed as a backup in Seattle. I don't think he's a threat to become the featured back.

Julius never really broke out in Dallas, but then he had to share time with MBIII. And remember that Julius' brother, Thomas, looked like a relative bust the first four years of his career with Arizona and then TB. Wasn't until he got to the Bears that he started to excel. Maybe Julius is following the same growth curve.

Regardless, I think it's safe to say he's not a one-week wonder, he's clearly the lead RB, and he's been scoring TDs and accumulating yardage, so in that sense, he's definitely for real. Is he going to finish as a top-10 RB this year? Jury's still out. But I think he should be a serviceable #2 RB at least.