Sign in to follow this  
illest

Need Career/Life Advice

I'm a 26 year old retail store manager with a BA in Business Admin. Problem is that all of my experience is in retail/sales and my degree is in that line as well. I live in a city of about 150k; is there any line of work a guy like me can get in to that would allow me to make at least 50k per year starting? I currently make 60k per year and would love to get out of the retail/sales industry but I just don't think I can afford getting in at an entry level position in another field. At least that I'm aware of, whats a guy like me who wants to jump industries do?

I'm a 26 year old retail store manager with a BA in Business Admin. Problem is that all of my experience is in retail/sales and my degree is in that line as well. I live in a city of about 150k; is there any line of work a guy like me can get in to that would allow me to make at least 50k per year starting? I currently make 60k per year and would love to get out of the retail/sales industry but I just don't think I can afford getting in at an entry level position in another field. At least that I'm aware of, whats a guy like me who wants to jump industries do?

Open a lingerie shop in Denver.

Can't miss :doublethumbsup:

I'm in somewhat of a similar situation, albeit at a higher salary level. I'm trying to move to a similar but not-quite-same industry and maintain my general salary level. This may not seem like rocket science, but sometimes simple words help:

- Identify targeted growing industries for which you are both interested and you think you can be successful at.

- Streamline your resume to highlight how your capabilities would benefit companies in those industries.

- Read as much as you can about those industries and identified companies.

- Target your cover letters to the specifics you learned and apply for appropriate positions.

I'm in somewhat of a similar situation, albeit at a higher salary level. I'm trying to move to a similar but not-quite-same industry and maintain my general salary level. This may not seem like rocket science, but sometimes simple words help:

- Identify targeted growing industries for which you are both interested and you think you can be successful at.

- Streamline your resume to highlight how your capabilities would benefit companies in those industries.

- Read as much as you can about those industries and identified companies.

- Target your cover letters to the specifics you learned and apply for appropriate positions.

Just had to throw that in there, huh? :bandana:

MOTHA FOCKIN JERRYSKIDS !@#