Sign in to follow this  
The Epic Tradition

Nate Burleson's Outlook

I owned both Burleson and pig-boy Houshmandzadeh, but traded Housh in a deal to get Steve Smith (NYG) in a PPR league.

My question is: what do you think Burleson's final 2009 stat line will look like. He's tied for 5th in receptions now, I believe. I'm thinking 85 rec. and 6-7 TDs (IF he stays healthy, which is a big if). What do you think?

Very possible, very underrated wr. He needs to stay healthy, but those numbers are about right.

Burleson is averaging 11 targets per game. While I don't think he maintains that throughout the season, I think 8-9 targets per game is reasonable. That would be 8.5 * 60% reception rate * 13 games = 66 catches. That would be 86 catches on the season so I think your projection of 85 is solid.

85 catches

960 yards

6 TD's

He's always been talented, he's been in the offense for several years now, and both QB's trust him and love throwing to him.

As long as that knees holds up he'll be rock solid all year.

80 catches, 1000 yards and 8 TD's.

he was injured last year but the year before he caught something like 8 TDs. I'm impressed.

It was like 1000+ with 11td's not bad for a 9-10th rounder

Correction...it was only 8or 9tds, I thought it was 11 for some reason, still impressive for a late rounder

Thoughts about him for this weekend vs indy? I'm contiplating on starting him or manningham? Thoughts?

Seattle will be playing catch-up all day and he has a nice rapport with Wallace, NYG vs. KC seems like they might pound the rock after they get a lead...burleson is 3rd in targets overall and 4th or 5th in receptions...those are my thoughts