Sign in to follow this  
garychristian

Week 5 W.W. Pickups

Mohamed Massaquoi ~~~~> MOST RECEPTION YARDS THIS WEEK

Garrett Hartley ~~~~> MOST POINTS LAST YEAR OUT OF EVERY POSITION carney gets cut (no long ball ability)

J. FARGAS ~~~~> JUST KIDDING

any others ...???

can't think of anyone really. that massaqwowehqwg person would be it.

james harrison maybe?

Fred Taylor got 21 touches one game, 24% of the carries next time. WTF.

watching the game now ...not even 1/2 time & SIDNEY RICE looks like he's movin on up on the depth charts

:pointstosky:

no no thats just his obligatory td game of the year. dont buy the hype.

I'd go for defenses this week if you are in a position to shore up yours. AZ, ATL, GB, or NO are 3 that might be dropped due to bye weeks.

Nate Washington has finally convinced me he's worth a pick-up. Sidney Rice IS NO MIRAGE - he was hurt badly all last year; He's a WR 4 only because of all the weapons MINN has at their disposal.

The two guys I picked up last week in my dynasty league have both proved that they are legit. If Jerome Harrison is still available - grab him; J Lewis hasn't run with that much burst all year. I predict a timeshare with Lewis eventually getting the biggest piece of the pie. Josh Johnson looked shaky at times in his first NFL start against the WASH D, but he generally kept his poise and he also contributed 41 yards with his feet. I predict that the kid will come on strong in the 2nd half of the season. I'd be grabbing him now if you need bye week coverage or have room for an extra QB.

Sidney Rice. I'm gonna grab him in one league. I don't really need a pick up right now, but he looks good and I have 4 starters on byes next week. I can start Rice in the flex instead of Kevin Faulk. :doublethumbsup:

Might be a long day on sunday for my team. The good news is, I don't have any more bye week blues after week 5.

How about Ricky Williams? I'm not sure about his availability in everyone else's league, but he's still a free agent in mine. He's got over 300 total yards and 3 td's so far and with all the guys I have on bye for week 5 he could fill in nicely as a flex player.

How about Ricky Williams? I'm not sure about his availability in everyone else's league, but he's still a free agent in mine. He's got over 300 total yards and 3 td's so far and with all the guys I have on bye for week 5 he could fill in nicely as a flex player.

:lol:

There you go. Ricky gets a lot of touches and he gets red zone chances. Ricky may have had 2 TD's this week but he got stopped on the one yd line. Great WW pickup.

Mohamed Massaquoi ~~~~> MOST RECEPTION YARDS THIS WEEK

Garrett Hartley ~~~~> MOST POINTS LAST YEAR OUT OF EVERY POSITION carney gets cut (no long ball ability)

J. FARGAS ~~~~> JUST KIDDING

any others ...???

Do you have a link on this? I have heard nothing recently of NO cutting Carney? That was all speculation in pre-season I thought? Thanks.

Do you have a link on this? I have heard nothing recently of NO cutting Carney? That was all speculation in pre-season I thought? Thanks.

I don't have a link, but I read the same thing. They actually discussed it with Carney who said he'll be looking for a new team. Hartley's worth a pickup.

I have a few:

1) Derek Anderson. I have Philip Rivers on a bye next week and no backup QB after Pennington went down last week. Next week Anderson is up against the banged up Bills secondary which had three starters out this past Sunday. Its either gonna be him, Trent Edwards, or Jason Campbell, all of whom were dropped in the past couple of days.

2) Steve Heiden. I rolled with Visanthe Shiancoe the first 3 weeks. After not getting hardly any production out of him over that span I dropped him Sunday morning for Anthony Fasano, figuring that with Henne starting he would lean on Fasano a lot. That wasn't the case as Fasano was targeted only 3 times and caught only 1 ball for 7 yards. Heiden seemed to have good chemistry with Anderson last year when Winslow was hurt and it looks like they picked up where they left off Sunday as he was targeted 8 times and caught 5 balls for 33 yards and touchdown. Am I crazy for adding two Browns to my roster?

3) Derrick Ward. With McFadden out for the next 2-4 weeks and getting horrible production anyway I need a replacement. Some guy in my league dropped Ward after the donut he put up against the Giants last week so hopefully I can scoop him up. Not too sure about his short term potential but I do like his long term potential given how injury prone Cadillac is.

if you play in a league with idp you might want to load up on vikings. they sacked rodgers about eight times last nite and this week they go against the mighty rams. i would suggest grabbing jared allen, but i can't imagine he would be there for anyone to snatch up. maybe an antoinne winfield or someone like that. i actually have the vikings def and can't wait to see how many turnovers they get. could be a really ugly game.

3) Derrick Ward. With McFadden out for the next 2-4 weeks and getting horrible production anyway I need a replacement. Some guy in my league dropped Ward after the donut he put up against the Giants last week so hopefully I can scoop him up. Not too sure about his short term potential but I do like his long term potential given how injury prone Cadillac is.

The irony here is that Ward is the injured one (at the moment)...

My WR's suck, so I've got claims in on the following guys, and hope to get 2 of them (in this order):

1. Massaquoi - possibly DA's new favorite target

2. Nate Washington

3. Anthony Gonzalez - dunno how effective he'll be when he gets back, but I'm kinda desperate

4. Austin Collie

5. Davone Bess - didn't do so great this week, but had a good feeling about him before and seems to be targeted a lot

The irony here is that Ward is the injured one (at the moment)...

True indeed, but at this point, anything is an upgrade over McFadden. Actually, I will put McFadden on IR and hopefully Ward clears waivers this morning so I can add him without having to drop anyone. I am last in waiver priority so it makes no difference if I claim someone off waivers or add them as a free agent after they have cleared waivers.

Oddly enough, I picked up Mohamed Massaquoi in my league last week for the sole purpose of trying to move him in a trade to a guy that is a huge UGA homer. I was trying to get Ted Ginn figuring that his value would go up now that he has a quarterback with a strong enough arm to get him the ball deep. I ended up dropping Massaquoi Sunday morning for Cincinnati's defense after the UGA homer failed to accept the trade. Needless to say, that trade will look a lot more attractive if I offer it again, but I'm sure someone else will claim him off waivers before I get the chance to get him.

My WR's suck, so I've got claims in on the following guys, and hope to get 2 of them (in this order):

1. Massaquoi - possibly DA's new favorite target

2. Nate Washington

3. Anthony Gonzalez - dunno how effective he'll be when he gets back, but I'm kinda desperate

4. Austin Collie

5. Davone Bess - didn't do so great this week, but had a good feeling about him before and seems to be targeted a lot

I think this is the week to pick up Gonzo so that you can get him for sure. You can be sure that others in your league are starting to think about him.

Just pimpin' my week 5 waiver wire suggestion after the Ricky Williams bonanza last night :pointstosky: :unsure: :(

I have a few:

1) Derek Anderson. I have Philip Rivers on a bye next week and no backup QB after Pennington went down last week. Next week Anderson is up against the banged up Bills secondary which had three starters out this past Sunday. Its either gonna be him, Trent Edwards, or Jason Campbell, all of whom were dropped in the past couple of days.

2) Steve Heiden. I rolled with Visanthe Shiancoe the first 3 weeks. After not getting hardly any production out of him over that span I dropped him Sunday morning for Anthony Fasano, figuring that with Henne starting he would lean on Fasano a lot. That wasn't the case as Fasano was targeted only 3 times and caught only 1 ball for 7 yards. Heiden seemed to have good chemistry with Anderson last year when Winslow was hurt and it looks like they picked up where they left off Sunday as he was targeted 8 times and caught 5 balls for 33 yards and touchdown. Am I crazy for adding two Browns to my roster?

Yikes!