Sign in to follow this  
IckyFish

Derek Anderson's crystal balls

What does his future hold for FF?

I have Palmer as my back-up and the one week I need him he has Baltimore (Anderson has Buffalo.)

Now, Palmer will most likely have to throw because of the run stuffing that's going to happen.

Anderson used to sling it, but I didn't watch the game last week and his 2 favorite weapons are gone (Edwards and Winslow)

what do you think about Anderson .vs. Buffalo's hurting secondary?

i'm gonan go wayyy out on a limb and say DA is more than serviceable as bye week filler againt the bills..

stat projection: 225 with 2 tds and a INT

I have Rivers on a bye this week and picked up Anderson as a spot starter based on his surprising effectiveness last week and favorable matchup this week against a beatup Bills secondary missing 3 starters. But now that Braylon is gone I'm having second thoughts. Its either gonna be him or Trent Edwards who I could probably pick up off the waiver wire (ironically they play each other).

I am struggling with the samething. Rodgers on a bye. I have Palmer as my back up and have Anderson and Edwards on WW. I am leaning towards T. Edwards since the B. Edwards trade (even though he was not doing anything, he still was drawing the oppositions top defender).

I'm playing anderson for this weeks bye.

you like anderson better than palmer? he definitly has a better match up

you like anderson better than palmer? he definitly has a better match up

The Bengals would always play the Ravens tough, but that was 2 seasons ago when Palmer was completely healthy. It's a tough call because they still have talent at WRs and Benson is running great. I just haven't seen anything from Palmer yet that would make me think he can go for 250/2 TDs against Baltimore.

BUT, not that Anderson has any talent anymore or at least Edwards to distract 2 defenders all day. Touch call.

I can live with Palmer getting 15 points if he doesn't have 3 ints and the crap sacked out of him all day.

The Bengals would always play the Ravens tough, but that was 2 seasons ago when Palmer was completely healthy. It's a tough call because they still have talent at WRs and Benson is running great. I just haven't seen anything from Palmer yet that would make me think he can go for 250/2 TDs against Baltimore.

BUT, not that Anderson has any talent anymore or at least Edwards to distract 2 defenders all day. Touch call.

I can live with Palmer getting 15 points if he doesn't have 3 ints and the crap sacked out of him all day.

Thinking they will need to pass all day. Benson is not going to get much yardage on that D. Even more so if he happen not to play.

Thinking they will need to pass all day. Benson is not going to get much yardage on that D. Even more so if he happen not to play.

Rivers threw for over 400 yards and I think the Bengals have equal receiving talent. Croyle went for 177/2TDs with an untalented offense and no running game. Just saying.

The has been many series in a row where C.Palmer has looked loike ######. I am starting D.Anderson over SHill and Palmer. On a side note if Palmer plays god, I will never sit him again because of match-ups.

The has been many series in a row where C.Palmer has looked loike ######. I am starting D.Anderson over SHill and Palmer. On a side note if Palmer plays god, I will never sit him again because of match-ups.

If Palmer plays "GOD", he should be the number one fantasy player by like an infinity amount of points.

is this thread really titled "Derek Anderson's crystal balls" ? :thumbsup:

Thank you Derek Anderson. Dropped Palmer to play Anderson for a Rodgers bye this week. Cost me th win. Yet another reason I question my ability to run a fantasy football team. Anyone know if there is some like fantasy eating or beer drinking? I know it does not make much sense but I know I could excel at those type of things!!

Thank you Derek Anderson. Dropped Palmer to play Anderson for a Rodgers bye this week. Cost me th win. Yet another reason I question my ability to run a fantasy football team. Anyone know if there is some like fantasy eating or beer drinking? I know it does not make much sense but I know I could excel at those type of things!!

My friend the best advice I could give you is to play your starters or in this case the guy you drafted specifically for this week. I know playing the matchups seems cool and can work at times (I had Miles Austin on the bench but played Westbrook, ugh) but throughout my 16 years playing this game I've found that sticking to your plan and playing your guys works more times than not and will result in an overall better win %.

Also, practice makes perfect, my first year playing I drafted Troy Aikman in the first round and proceeded to win 3 games that year.