Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Pierre Garcon -- number of targets?

Just turned on the game. I see that Garcon has 0 yds at at the 2 minute warning. How many targets has he had so far?

Just one early in the game.

Thanks for the info. I was trying to decide between Harvin and Garcon as my WR3. So far it looks like I made the wrong call.

My unofficial count: not many. Seems like Peyton just doesn't have a great rapport with him. When the list does come out, a few of them will be deep go routes that aren't close to connecting; I got the impression Peyton was just airing it out to keep the defense honest.

I'm quite disenchanted with this WW "wonder" now. :overhead:

Sometimes in football, you have to look at the game dynamics rather than things like rapport, targets in past games, or fantasy homerism.

There are 2 reasons why Peyton was throwing to Collie all day, and not to Garcon.

1) The Titans secondary was so banged up that they rarely left their base D, meaning that for a large majority of the game they had a LB on Austin Collie.

2) They had a decent pass rush and played with extensive safety coverage over the top, meaning that Manning took what was available underneath, which again was many passes to Collie and Joe Addai.

PM is going to notice and take advantage of things like this, and he did try a few shots downfeild to Garcon, but they didnt hook up. Collie was able to abuse the LBs covering him and the Colts took advantage of this matchup. It doesnt mean you should go and drop Garcon for Collie, but obviously you shouldnt expect Garcon to necessarily be an every-week starter either.

Agreed....

Manning will go with the best match-up period....it could be anybody any given week....check the opposing def. match-ups before deciding on Garcon or Collie

Agreed....

Manning will go with the best match-up period....it could be anybody any given week....check the opposing def. match-ups before deciding on Garcon or Collie

one thing is for sure.....Clark will always be inlvolved :banana: