Sign in to follow this  
sketch27

Jerius Norwood

Anyone picking up Norwood? I know he is out indefinitely, but what does that mean? Norwood would be far better than Snelling

He's been hurt, so there is a big ? on his status.

He's not a 'between' the tackles runner.

Therefore I have Snelling rated much higher than Norwood.

Jerious isn't a bad stash away pick up though (who knows how it plays out). But if I had the choice I would go Snelling over him. :doublethumbsup:

I picked up Norwood. He's supposed to practice today and the Atlantic Journal Constitution expects him to start this week.

Anyone picking up Norwood? I know he is out indefinitely, but what does that mean? Norwood would be far better than Snelling

I like Snelling more!

I picked up Norwood. He's supposed to practice today and the Atlantic Journal Constitution expects him to start this week.

link? i hit their site but couldn't find what you're saying

Yahoo reports that Norwood may be the Falcons' starting running back if Michael Turner (ankle) is unable to play Sunday against the Giants, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. But source was not nearly that committal...

Checked it out at link: http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/...elf-203276.html. Here's the quote: "If Turner is unable to play on Sunday, Jason Snelling and Aaron Stecker will play. They are hopeful that Jerious Norwood, who has missed the last four games with a hip flexor, is ready to return."

Interesting article in that Turner hasn't ruled himself out yet...

Falcons coach Mike Smith told the New York media in a conference call that Turner would not participate in practice and that he was "day to day."

A few weeks back, Smith said Jerious Norwood was "day to day" with a hip injury. Norwood has missed four games.

Turner, the Falcons leading rusher who helped power them to an 11-5 mark and the playoffs last season, went down early in the second quarter against the Panthers. He had been averaging 9.1 yards per carry over his last three games.

"I've just been doing rehab stuff, basically the stuff that everybody deals with when they have an injury," Turner said. "I just have to keep working at it. But at the same time I have to let it get some rest, too."

Turner's ankle was put through several medical tests on Monday.

"They didn't tell me anything about the tests," Turner said. "Just an ankle sprain. They didn't say no degrees or weeks or anything like that. It's different for every person. They just tell you what it is and you've got to deal with it."

The Falcons also added wide receiver Troy Bergeron back to the practice squad. He was released on Monday to make room for running back Aaron Stecker, who was re-signed to add depth at running back with Turner's injury.

Stupid Yahoo.com. That's why I went with my gut and put in Snelling as a higher waiver priority, I just didn't get him and got Norwood instead. J Norwood is electric though.