Sign in to follow this  
Darthpaul

Starting Brady Quinn, anyone else brave enough?

I'm starting Brady Quinn over Palmer and Flacco. Of my choices, I think Quinn has the most sleeper potential. Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut. I need an edge, and I don't feel like playing it safe.

I haven't seen any posts on Quinn, am I the only one this crazy?

I have Palmer also and picked up Quinn on Wed. during the WW. I have been flipflopping about the decision and am now sticking with Palmer in sunny San Diego. The winds in the KC/CLE game are going to be 12-15 mph apparently and who knows it could be worse. Plus, what if they use Cribbs in some kind of wildcat formation? This could take away from Quinn's opportunities it seems to me. Good luck, either way.

Edited 2 add: Also, I am hoping perhaps the Bengals will be inspired because of the Henry accident and perhaps get in a situation where they have to catch up with the Bolts high scoring offense. Then again, that could backfire if the Bengals D is inspired and plays great I guess. Anyhow, the weather helped make the decision for me in the end.

I have Palmer also and picked up Quinn on Wed. during the WW. I have been flipflopping about the decision and am now sticking with Palmer in sunny San Diego. The winds in the KC/CLE game are going to be 12-15 mph apparently and who knows it could be worse. Plus, what if they use Cribbs in some kind of wildcat formation? This could take away from Quinn's opportunities it seems to me. Good luck, either way.

Edited 2 add: Also, I am hoping perhaps the Bengals will be inspired because of the Henry accident and perhaps get in a situation where they have to catch up with the Bolts high scoring offense. Then again, that could backfire if the Bengals D is inspired and plays great I guess. Anyhow, the weather helped make the decision for me in the end.

I'm debating between Quinn, Palmer, and Hasselbeck. I've pretty much ruled Palmer out. The weather in SD is definitely going to be nicer, but Palmer hasn't thrown for more than 225 yards or 1 TD since the Chicago game. Cincy has become a run first, second, and third team. Last week, when they were trailing the Vikings, and you would figure they needed to pass, he only threw the ball 25 times. When you factor in that SD is better against the pass than the run, I don't expect Palmer to have a good game tomorrow.

Hasselbeck plays TB, who have been so bad against the run that most teams don't pass a lot (but they do give up a lot of passing TDs). However, the weather in Seattle looks to be very rainy, AND he'll be without one of his top WRs (Burleson). He hasn't been too impressive lately, either.

I'm seriously thinking Quinn is the best play here. KC gives up almost 250 yards/game and have allowed 22 pass TDs this year. The weather is going to be cold, but the wind forecast is for only 12-15 mph, which isn't that big of a deal (especially when you consider that Quinn doesn't throw a lot of deep balls anyway).

I'm debating between Quinn, Palmer, and Hasselbeck. I've pretty much ruled Palmer out. The weather in SD is definitely going to be nicer, but Palmer hasn't thrown for more than 225 yards or 1 TD since the Chicago game. Cincy has become a run first, second, and third team. Last week, when they were trailing the Vikings, and you would figure they needed to pass, he only threw the ball 25 times. When you factor in that SD is better against the pass than the run, I don't expect Palmer to have a good game tomorrow.

Hasselbeck plays TB, who have been so bad against the run that most teams don't pass a lot (but they do give up a lot of passing TDs). However, the weather in Seattle looks to be very rainy, AND he'll be without one of his top WRs (Burleson). He hasn't been too impressive lately, either.

I'm seriously thinking Quinn is the best play here. KC gives up almost 250 yards/game and have allowed 22 pass TDs this year. The weather is going to be cold, but the wind forecast is for only 12-15 mph, which isn't that big of a deal (especially when you consider that Quinn doesn't throw a lot of deep balls anyway).

You may be correct. I have seen lots of people predicting a defensive game as well. For some reason I don't think it will play out like that and am hoping for a higher scoring outcome that forces the Palmer to throw more than the Bengals initially intend. Once again, I have been changing my mind the last few days and picked up Quinn off the WW. Then the wind keeps increasing in the KC game every time I look at the forcast. I have been burned by wind in the past and always play it safe when I can regarding the wind. Close call that is for sure...I wish I had better options. Not much else out there but C. Henne and R. Fitzpatrick. Good luck to you guys that are rolling B. Quinn out there in Arrowhead stadium.

trying to decide between alex smith and quinn.

Alex Smith (no contest). Quinn would be at the bottom of my list of QB's. I wouldn't even start him if he were playing Detroit again. Thats his one good game and its over. I would love to see him do well since I'm a Notre Dame fan but his accuracy is terrible and their game plan will be run heavy (lots of wildcat) and conservative passing.

I'm starting Brady Quinn over Palmer and Flacco. Of my choices, I think Quinn has the most sleeper potential. Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut. I need an edge, and I don't feel like playing it safe.

I haven't seen any posts on Quinn, am I the only one this crazy?

The fact you have to start him makes you an idiot. :thumbsup:

The fact you have to start him makes you an idiot. :bandana:

A quick glance at some of your posts, and I think it's pretty clear who the idiot is. :doublethumbsup:

Glad I stuck with Palmer in sunny San Diego =

Carson Palmer

27-40, 314 yds passing (2 TDs), 1 INTs

1, 0 yds rushing (1 2XPs)

Brady Quinn

10-17, 66 yds passing 0TDs 2 INTs

4, 39 yds rushing

Glad I stuck with Palmer in sunny San Diego =

Carson Palmer

27-40, 314 yds passing (2 TDs), 1 INTs

1, 0 yds rushing (1 2XPs)

Brady Quinn

10-17, 66 yds passing 0TDs 2 INTs

4, 39 yds rushing

I wish I had. It really doesn't matter-I made it through to the next round (barring a HUGE game from the 'Skins D/ST against me), but I hate this QBBC idea I tried this year.

Drafted a trio of "under-valued" QBs: Garrard, Palmer, Hasselbeck. With only a few exceptions, I always picked the wrong QB-matchups didn't play out the way they were supposed to. It got so bad that I picked up Quinn and started him, IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Never again.