Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Star_Wrecking_Crew

Tony Romo.."How you like me now?" thread

be optimistic........dallas has that look this year

Appartently, so does Tampa Bay after that huge win in New Orleans yesterday. :rolleyes:

This is easy.

First, Romo was not "the man" in these past couple of wins. He played well, just as he did in the Cowboys two losses in December. Perspective, please. The Cowboys have played better than normal.

Second, Romo has not taken the team on his shoulders when it has come down to crunch time at critical times of the year or in the playoffs. In fact, the opposite has been true. This has always been my biggest criticism of Romo.

Third, he endures this kind of scrutiny and criticism because he is thrown into our faces as a great QB by Cowboys' fans.

I think over the past 4 games his rating has been over 100 every game. Not sure what else you want from him. The running game is averaging just around 4ypc which isn't good enough. Barber has been having problems converting 1 yarders, williams has been dropping passes, folk got into a serious funk and has been terrible, and the oline is average.

As for your second point, find games where he screwed the cowboys as the qb and i can show you games he played well.

You're talkin about perspective. You need some. Cowboys fans who aren't dumb asses (or should i say isn't a dumb ass because its all one guy with 30 aliases, aliai, whatever) are all in agreement. Romo is not the problem. He's better than average. With him at the qb position, we have no reason to use a high draft pick on a qb or anything like that. Is he manning? Not now or ever. He'll never be considered a top 3 QB in any given year. I'd take manning, brees, rivers, brady, mcnabb over him any day. Depending on the situation (one season or to start over with) i would consider taking rodgers, ryan, and a few others over him that i can't think of right now.

Besides all that, you can't deny he's fun to watch. That td pass against the redskins is one of the reasons i'm a big fan of his. His pocket presence is fantastic. He also had a play earlier in the year (seahawks game i think) where he made two lineman miss and found an open crayton in the endzone as the clock expired in the first half. He's a fun guy to watch.

I think over the past 4 games his rating has been over 100 every game. Not sure what else you want from him. The running game is averaging just around 4ypc which isn't good enough. Barber has been having problems converting 1 yarders, williams has been dropping passes, folk got into a serious funk and has been terrible, and the oline is average.

As for your second point, find games where he screwed the cowboys as the qb and i can show you games he played well.

You're talkin about perspective. You need some. Cowboys fans who aren't dumb asses (or should i say isn't a dumb ass because its all one guy with 30 aliases, aliai, whatever) are all in agreement. Romo is not the problem. He's better than average. With him at the qb position, we have no reason to use a high draft pick on a qb or anything like that. Is he manning? Not now or ever. He'll never be considered a top 3 QB in any given year. I'd take manning, brees, rivers, brady, mcnabb over him any day. Depending on the situation (one season or to start over with) i would consider taking rodgers, ryan, and a few others over him that i can't think of right now.

Besides all that, you can't deny he's fun to watch. That td pass against the redskins is one of the reasons i'm a big fan of his. His pocket presence is fantastic. He also had a play earlier in the year (seahawks game i think) where he made two lineman miss and found an open crayton in the endzone as the clock expired in the first half. He's a fun guy to watch.

romo has stepped up his game this year.....the ghosts of decemeber have been eliminated......now time for a title run............

romo has the opportinuy to beat the eagles in back to back weeks including a playoff win.. i swear........romo is gaining fans every day........turning his enemies into fans...........half the eagles fanbase likes him now........... :cry:

romo has the opportinuy to beat the eagles in back to back weeks including a playoff win.. i swear........romo is gaining fans every day........turning his enemies into fans...........half the eagles fanbase likes him now........... :first:

:dunno:

you're still retarded