Sign in to follow this  
pimptastic69

Yikes!, This CBS pregame show is awful

I can honestly say that before today that I have not watched a CBS pregame show since the days of Brent Musberger. This is the worst show I've ever seen.

A conversation with a TV ad baby :thumbsup: ? WTF?

I can honestly say that before today that I have not watched a CBS pregame show since the days of Brent Musberger. This is the worst show I've ever seen.

A conversation with a TV ad baby :wave: ? WTF?

The only thing funny about that segment was Marino's "Change his diaper" comment. :thumbsup:

None of the folks on either CBS or Fox pregame have an original thought or opinion. They all just follow whatever the popular trend is and are pretty much across the board as or more cliched than player interviews are. Unwatchable really.

All pre-game football shows are awful. They all follow the same idiotic premise...way too many guys on a panel who insist on talking over each other. Whenever the host, whether it's James Brown, Curt Manafee, or whoever else tries to read off the teleprompter he has to struggle to get his words out because the other idiots are babbling away. It's almost like they're hazing him.

First pregame shows I watched this year, as I find post-game shows/celebrations even more painful. Watched about a half hour of each and they're even worse than I had anticipated.

I can't stand that E Trade baby and those ads. When he was by himself, it was cute. But when they tried to make that baby more "adult", first with his black baby friend, then him and a group of other babies. Then the worst of them all -- the golf one where he berates an older dude in the locker room. That took all the fun out of that ad.

The only part of any networks' pregame show I like watching is Charley Casserly's "Inside the Game" on CBS. Outside of that, I'm with most of the previous posters on the poor quality of all the pregame shows.

The recipe for pregame shows right now seems to be the host saying or asking something with a long period of laughing after about every other comment made by the "experts". It thoroughly disgusts me how these guys make big bucks when so many of them have other interests or just have little to contribute. Just off the top of my head, Boomer Esiason (his son's foundation, Westwood One, etc), Michael Strahan (his show "Brothers" - if it is still airing) and Terry Bradshaw (apparently trying his hand at comedy?); I'm not particularly sure I get much out of them information-wise. Then there are guys like Dan Marino, Keyshawn Johnson and Shannon Sharpe who I don't think offer much of anything. I've sworn off Fox and, for the most part, ESPN, in terms of pregame shows.

It's too bad b/c pregame shows could play such a big role in educating the public about the game of football, but instead they spend 98% of their time promoting about 10 players (and maybe 5 coaches) in the league. While football is a QB-driven league to a large degree, the league is not all about QBs and a handful of RBs/WRs. Maybe one week they could talk about why the Steelers' 3-4 defense has been so good for so long one week while discussing why Ray Lewis thrives in a 4-3 defense more than he does in a 3-4 (and why guys like Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata are so important to him). It's going to be at least another 1-2 years before we start hearing about the Bengals' DT Domata Peko as a Pro Bowl-worthy player. And folks, that is just one of the eight divisions and far from the only ideas that could come from those teams.

One more nugget for now...I always think it's funny how the national media is anywhere from a month to a year behind hard-core fantasy owners in terms of recognizing upcoming studs. I also find it funny how the guys who do break down film for an actual show (Ron Jaworski, Merril Hoge, Brian Baldinger, Sterling Sharpe, Solomon Wilcots - to a lesser extent) do not appear on these pregame or postgame shows...as not to overwork them, I suppose.

James Brown, what is he the fuckingKevin Eubanks of pre-game sports shows... :ninja: :overhead: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Shannon Sharpe - a beeba bobba booba flooba.... see right here afeeba jeeba lobba looba blooba...

Dan Marino - My son goes SLOW ON THE DRIVEWAY!!!

Norman Esiason - My son does da same thing!!! Ever hear of my foundation??????

Bill Cowher - :lol: :music_guitarred: fuckthisshit, someone send John Focks over Niagara Falls.

None of the folks on either CBS or Fox pregame have an original thought or opinion. They all just follow whatever the popular trend is and are pretty much across the board as or more cliched than player interviews are. Unwatchable really.

+1

All pre-game football shows are awful. They all follow the same idiotic premise...way too many guys on a panel who insist on talking over each other. Whenever the host, whether it's James Brown, Curt Manafee, or whoever else tries to read off the teleprompter he has to struggle to get his words out because the other idiots are babbling away. It's almost like they're hazing him.

+1