Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Who drafts Tim Tebow?

Tebow may end up playing one of those positions...

:rolleyes:

Want to bet?

He is a classic Heisman winner. Great college player, but not designed for the NFL. Too slow to be a RB, too small and not a good enough blocker to be TE/HB and not nearly accurate enough to be a QB.

Drafting him before round 4 is a wasted pick.

Tebow's dad thinks son will go in top 15 picks

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 26, 2010 10:53 AM ET

The consensus now surrounding Tim Tebow's draft stock is that he won't make it out of the second round. His father, Bob Tebow, thinks he'll go a lot higher than that.

"If the Jaguars don't take him at 10, he'll be gone by 15," Bob Tebow told Sam Kouvaris of 1010XL in Jacksonville last week. (Click column "Is Tim coming here?" for full story.)

Don't assume these are simply the words of a biased father. I have heard similar rumors that members of Tebow's camp are convinced, right or wrong, he will go in the top half of the first round.

Yes, this could easily be predraft scuttlebutt aimed at getting a team to jump on Tebow. But Bob Tebow's matter of fact confidence comes from somewhere.

I've heard enough information from a separate source that makes me believe Tebow has a better chance of getting taken in the first round than the Mock Draft Mafia believes.

At the very least, clearly Tebow thinks he will be drafted that high.

~pft.com

Not that I care, but the earliest that Tebow gets picked is at #9 by Buffalo. Jim Kelly is a huge Tebow fan, however, having said that, I don't really see either Buffalo or Jacksonville(#10) drafting him that early.

I'll put my money on New England, with either the second or the 3rd of their 3 second round picks. They have enough picks and with Brady they can afford to give him the time to re-invent himself as an NFL QB, or failing that, NE is good at re-inventing a player to a different position. They've done it with several players, most recently former college QB now slot receiver Juilus Edelman. And both Belichick and Nick Cesario have spent a lot of time with him lately. So I'm down with Patriotsfatboy1 and Jarvis Basnight.

If he falls to the 3rd round, I'd be surprised but not totally shocked.

In response to Admiral Awesome, there is no way that Brad Childress will draft him - no way! (he's got a better chance of being drafted by "Wierd Al" Davis.

Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, told ESPN.com that he has a very good idea where Tebow will be drafted, and hints that it's higher than most people think.

well Denver has him now with 2 other QBs.

LoL @ Denver. Tim Tivo errrr Tebow would be a bust in the 7th round.