Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

2010 rookie rankings

Does anyone know of a site that has a decent preliminary rookie ranking up yet. I know a lot of these go up after the draft when we know what team players will be with. However, I am in a dynasty league where I keep getting trade offers involving rookie draft picks. I haven't had a lot of time to research the rookies yet or to figure out what players are likely to be drafted where in fantasy drafts. Does anyone know of a site that has a top 10 fantasy rookie ranking yet?

1. Ryan Matthews, RB

2. CJ Spiller, RB

3. Dez Bryant, WR

4. Jonathan Dwyer, RB

5. Montario Hardesty, RB

6. Golden Tate, WR

7. Arrelious Benn, WR

8. DeMaryius Thomas, WR

9. Sam Bradford, QB

10. Javhid Best, RB

11. Jimmy Clausen, QB

12. Jermaine Gresham, TE

13. Ben Tate, RB

14. Toby Gerhart, RB

15. Damian Williams, WR

16. Tim Tebow, QB

17. Anthony Dixon, RB

18. Brandon LaFell, WR

19. Joe McKnight, RB

20. John Skelton, QB

1. Ryan Matthews, RB

2. CJ Spiller, RB

3. Dez Bryant, WR

4. Jonathan Dwyer, RB

5. Montario Hardesty, RB

6. Golden Tate, WR

7. Arrelious Benn, WR

8. DeMaryius Thomas, WR

9. Sam Bradford, QB

10. Javhid Best, RB

11. Jimmy Clausen, QB

12. Jermaine Gresham, TE

13. Ben Tate, RB

14. Toby Gerhart, RB

15. Damian Williams, WR

16. Tim Tebow, QB

17. Anthony Dixon, RB

18. Brandon LaFell, WR

19. Joe McKnight, RB

20. John Skelton, QB

i would be very surprised to see Matthews go over Spiller. Spiller is regarded by all almost all analysts as the closest thing going to Chris Johnson (Titans). At this point I've dropped Dwyer and Bryant down a bit and have Hardesty and Thomas moving.

However, to the OP, I personally wouldn't trade a rookie pick until I know where guys are going. If Ryan Matthews gets picked by San Diego or Houston and has the shot to start, his ceiling > Spiller's ceiling in a 3rd down/change of pace role on a team that might already have a good back. Talent should always be the primary determinant, but situation definitely plays a role. Matt Forte had a much better rookie season than Chris Johnson did, simply because he had all the opportunities. I personally think the talent gap between Spiller and Matthews isn't all that great and in the right situation both will excel.

I must admit, I too am drinking the Spiller kool aide of late. :wall:

After watching him struggle against mediocre ACC defenses time and again, I am ready to allow him to be the #1 RB, and #1 overall player on my rookie list. <_<

So far I have them, of course this could change considerably once the NFL draft concludes and we see which POS team they are relegated to; if ANY player is taken by the Raiders for instance, that is an instant kill on that poor SOB

Spiller

Mathews

Best

Gerhart

Dwyer

Hardesty.