Sign in to follow this  
itsbigmoni

Treme

Anybody else watching this show? The first few episodes were slow, but now i'm really getting into this show.

It looked like a show about blacks and jazz. Am I missing something?

The wire was a show about blacks and drugs. :cheers:

My two favorite characters are Bunk (that was his name on the wire) and the white dj guy. Don't worry, they have enough whities on the show to keep you entertained.

I loved the Wire and was interested when I heard they were doing a post Katrina New Orleans show, but a show about Jazz? :mad: How can that possibly be good?

Please, explain it to me so I can make myself watch the show. What's the conflict? Who gets booked into what Jazz clubs?

The wire was a show about blacks and drugs. :mad:

My two favorite characters are Bunk (that was his name on the wire) and the white dj guy. Don't worry, they have enough whities on the show to keep you entertained.

white guy is the dude from saving silverman, sahara, etcr ight?

I loved the Wire and was interested when I heard they were doing a post Katrina New Orleans show, but a show about Jazz? :music_guitarred: How can that possibly be good?

Please, explain it to me so I can make myself watch the show. What's the conflict? Who gets booked into what Jazz clubs?

The jazz part doesn't play a huge role. It shows people playing, getting gigs, recording music, but thats not usually the conflict. Its usually the release for all the people. The conflict is seeing post katrina Nola. The struggle people are having getting their life and city back together. People missing, jails not knowing who they have, having no water, no electricity, nowhere to stay, things like that.

A lot of people are trying to keep their businesses afloat, while they wait for insurance money. John Goodmans character is pretty entertaining as well.

Just like in the wire, they do a really good job of developing characters. The first few episodes i felt the same way. Why do i care? But they get you roped in.

The wire was a show about blacks and drugs. :lol:

Pretty much the reason I quit watching the Wire. No offense, I have no interest in watching shows about blacks, white rednecks, or Asians.