Sign in to follow this  
n.y sack exchange

opinion on my team

I was hoping to get some feedback on my team as we had our draft tonight and it is a flex league.

Qb tony romo

Qb ben roethlisberger

Qb alex smith

Rb ray rice

Rb ryan mathews

Rb ronnie brown

Rb michael bush

Rb willis mcgahee

Wr greg jennings

Wr hakeem nicks

Wr tj houshmandzadeh

Wr steve breaston

Wr anthony gonzalez

Te tony gonzales

Te heath miller

Def packers

Def 49ers

K garrett hartley

Just would like some feedback on how well you think i may do and where i might need some improvement. Thanks, guys

I was hoping to get some feedback on my team as we had our draft tonight and it is a flex league.

Qb tony romo

Qb ben roethlisberger

Qb alex smith

Rb ray rice

Rb ryan mathews

Rb ronnie brown

Rb michael bush

Rb willis mcgahee

Wr greg jennings

Wr hakeem nicks

Wr tj houshmandzadeh

Wr steve breaston

Wr anthony gonzalez

Te tony gonzales

Te heath miller

Def packers

Def 49ers

K garrett hartley

Just would like some feedback on how well you think i may do and where i might need some improvement. Thanks, guys

I need some info--how many start? what is your scoring method? How many teams?

Assuming it is a 12 team, start 2 rb, 2 wr and a flex I think that your wr's leave something to be desired. If this is either a start 3 wr or a ppr league i tthink you could be in trouble. The rest of your team looks competitive.

Assuming it is a 12 team, start 2 rb, 2 wr and a flex I think that your wr's leave something to be desired. If this is either a start 3 wr or a ppr league i tthink you could be in trouble. The rest of your team looks competitive.

I'm guessing he reached for Mathews at the expense of his WR's.

Qb tony romo

Qb ben roethlisberger

Qb alex smith

Rb ray rice

Rb ryan mathews

Rb ronnie brown

Rb michael bush

Rb willis mcgahee

Wr greg jennings

Wr hakeem nicks

Wr tj houshmandzadeh

Wr steve breaston

Wr anthony gonzalez

Te tony gonzales

Te heath miller

Def packers

Def 49ers

K garrett hartley

I think your team is probably right around the upper middle of the pack assuming a 12 team league...Here are a few areas that I would identify as areas of importance that will probably end up determining whether you end up competing for a title or remain in the middle of the pack:

* Can one of Ryan Matthews, Ronnie Brown or Michael Bush step up and be a #2 back that performs like a #1?

* Does Jennings bounce back enough to be the true #1 that he will need to be on your squad?

* Will Nicks or Breaston break out enough to anchor the #2 receiver role or will you have to rely on TJ Housh?

If the answer to all three of those ends up being yes, than I think you have a title contender---without at least two of the three, though, I think you may have some work to do on the wire and through trades...

Qb tony romo

Qb ben roethlisberger

Qb alex smith

Rb ray rice

Rb ryan mathews

Rb ronnie brown

Rb michael bush

Rb willis mcgahee

Wr greg jennings

Wr hakeem nicks

Wr tj houshmandzadeh

Wr steve breaston

Wr anthony gonzalez

Te tony gonzales

Te heath miller

Def packers

Def 49ers

K garrett hartley

assuming you start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 flex; then I like your RB1 (Rice), and I believe you have the potential to be strong at the RB2 spot (Matthews), and the Flex spot (Brown, or Bush). At WR, you are weaker. You need Jennings to bounce back and be a true WR1. Then you need Nicks or TJ to be a viable WR2. If you start 3 WR, I feel you are VERY weak here. I'd look to upgrade at WR, but you might need to do it via the WW, because you don't have a lot of depth at QB until Roethlisberger returns, and while I like your RBs, you probably wouldn't get good value in return (right now) for any of them except Rice (and maybe Matthews).

Thanks guys, I guess i should have given more information the league is a flex we start 9 players..1 Qb, 1 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1 K and 2 flex rb/wr/te and yes it is a 12 team league.

My draft went like this.

1.5 - ray rice

2.20 - greg jennings

3.29 - ryan mathews

4.44 - tony romo

5.53 - ronnie brown

6.68 - tony gonzales

7.77 - hakeem nicks

8.92 - tj houshmandzadeh

9.101 - steve breaston

10.116 - packers def

11.125 - ben roethlisberger

12.140 - michael bush

13.149 - willis mcgahee

14.164 - 49ers def

15.173 - alex smith

16.188 - heath miller

17.203 - garrett hartley

18.212 - anthony gonzalez

that's a horrible team

Great post. Great input. Glad to have you here on these message boards!

WRs are a little weak. Housh may be ok now that he has a year under his belt with Hass. QBs look strong. If M Bush pans out, you've got some pretty good backs. Nice job overall. Competitive team.

Great post. Great input. Glad to have you here on these message boards!

Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board.

Is that better input?

I am sure this post will be getting moved to the help board shortly but before it goes into that wasteland:

I actually really like the team

Rice - stud

Jennings - The only reason he is lower this year is because his TD's were down from 9 to 4. If he gets his TD totals back up (which he will) he will regain his top 5 WR status. He is the best WR on the team that will pass the most in the NFL. What more could you possibly want from a #1 WR?

Matthews - This is your boom or bust guy. If he looks good this preseason and the Bolts use him like they said they were going to after the draft, he will be an early 2nd rounder in late August no doubt.

Romo - I love him this year! If you look at what he did with Miles as his main man in the 2nd half of last season and then add Bryant into this equation - I see him having his best season ever this year and quite possibly finishing as the #1 QB.

I don't like the Brown pick - he has burnt me too many times in the past and I think Ricky is the man to have in that backfield

Gonzo is a dependable TE

Nicks is a steal in rd.7! I've done 2 drafts this year and he was picked in rd. 5 in both of those.

I don't like the breaston pick either - I think Doucet will emerge as the #2 in Zona this year

M. Bush is a guy I am constantly going to target late this year until other people figure out that Fargas is gone, McFadden was a bust, the Raiders have a pretty damn good O-line, and they have upgraded their QB.

I am sure this post will be getting moved to the help board shortly but before it goes into that wasteland:

I actually really like the team

Rice - stud

Jennings - The only reason he is lower this year is because his TD's were down from 9 to 4. If he gets his TD totals back up (which he will) he will regain his top 5 WR status. He is the best WR on the team that will pass the most in the NFL. What more could you possibly want from a #1 WR?

Matthews - This is your boom or bust guy. If he looks good this preseason and the Bolts use him like they said they were going to after the draft, he will be an early 2nd rounder in late August no doubt.

Romo - I love him this year! If you look at what he did with Miles as his main man in the 2nd half of last season and then add Bryant into this equation - I see him having his best season ever this year and quite possibly finishing as the #1 QB.

I don't like the Brown pick - he has burnt me too many times in the past and I think Ricky is the man to have in that backfield

Gonzo is a dependable TE

Nicks is a steal in rd.7! I've done 2 drafts this year and he was picked in rd. 5 in both of those.

I don't like the breaston pick either - I think Doucet will emerge as the #2 in Zona this year

M. Bush is a guy I am constantly going to target late this year until other people figure out that Fargas is gone, McFadden was a bust, the Raiders have a pretty damn good O-line, and they have upgraded their QB.

What's not to like about Ronnie Brown as a 3rd back? He can't burn you from the bench.

What's not to like about Ronnie Brown as a 3rd back? He can't burn you from the bench.

I don't know man. If anyone is capable of burning my team from the bench it would be runned-down ronnie Brown.....

2 wr, 2rb, 1 flex, thats a good competetive team. B+

Just hope you dont have injuries at wr.