Sign in to follow this  
RSersen

T.O. Show Going to St. Louis?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5407084

The St. Louis Rams have intensified discussions in hopes of signing free agent Terrell Owens, according to sources close to the player and team.

The Rams asked Owens through his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, if he would consider a serious contract proposal, even though they are not considered a playoff contender. Rosenhaus told the team Owens would definitely consider it, sources said.

A high-ranking Rams official said a formal offer for Owens could come on Monday.

First, does Owens have any fantasy value on the Rams? Will he put up better than his 2009 numbers in Buffalo, or worse? At first glance I'd expect about the same performance. So I wouldn't spend more than a late round flier...if that.

Second, and probably more importantly, does this move Jackson up anyone's draft boards? One of the biggest knocks against him (besides injury history), is the lack of any other weapons in St. Louis, forcing him to constantly run against a stacked box. Does Owens change that, and end up giving Jackson a little more room to run?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5407084

First, does Owens have any fantasy value on the Rams? Will he put up better than his 2009 numbers in Buffalo, or worse? At first glance I'd expect about the same performance. So I wouldn't spend more than a late round flier...if that.

Second, and probably more importantly, does this move Jackson up anyone's draft boards? One of the biggest knocks against him (besides injury history), is the lack of any other weapons in St. Louis, forcing him to constantly run against a stacked box. Does Owens change that, and end up giving Jackson a little more room to run?

:o

It seems there are conflicting reports amongst the Bungles and Rams. I blame Drew Rosenhaus. <_<

:o

It seems there are conflicting reports amongst the Bungles and Rams. I blame Drew Rosenhaus. <_<

I haven't seen much from the Bengals camp, other than Palmer going out of his way to work out with TO, and lobbying the front office to go get him.

But players try to get other players signed all the time. Ed Reed was in the media a few weeks back saying the Ravens need to go get Vincent Jackson, and Suggs was on NFL Live last week telling the front office to go get TO. Neither one has, or will, happen.

Most of the beat writers and sources in Cincy say that they'll still be a heavy running team this season, and if that's the case, I don't see them throwing out another $4-5 mil on Owens, after they signed Bryant for as much as they did (even if he has been less than impressive thus far).

I'm thinking the Rams talk is more legit, unless something comes out of Cincy that's higher up than the starting QB.

if he goes to the rams he makes a great #4 wr in fantasy

if he goes to the bungels.....OCHO makes a great #2 wr in fantasy

either way, i still hate me some T.O.

Local radio just reported the Bengals have offered a contract to TO. Straight from the mouth of Mike Brown.

I

TO in St. Louis is irrelevancy on top of irrelevancy. Boring.

Cincy learning nothing from their past and signing TO, Antonio Bryant, AND Adam Jones all in the same offseason?!?!? Priceless entertainment!! God Bless Mike Brown :headbanger:

TO to the Bungels... Just what they deserve. Should be entertaining, if you're into that sort of BS!

TO in St. Louis is irrelevancy on top of irrelevancy. Boring.

Cincy learning nothing from their past and signing TO, Antonio Bryant, AND Adam Jones all in the same offseason?!?!? Priceless entertainment!! God Bless Mike Brown :headbanger:

Matt Jones feels left out.

Seriously though, I was hoping they would sign TO back around the time they signed Bryant. Signing him now would be a bonus. I doubt Matt Jones will make the team (word is he's looked horrendous in OTAs), but they'd still have a WR group consisting of CJ, TO, Bryant and Jordan Shipley. I'm cool with that. :bandana:

"What is T.O.'s fantasy value"

:lol:

Let's put it this way: if you are relying on a washed-up primadonna for production, you're just as focked as the real NFL team that signs him.

Dang.......If TO goes to Cincy, then there goes my sneaky Palmer pick-up late in drafts as my QB2.......and TO doesn't even help his value to a fantasy owner, just hypes his ADP.

:thumbsdown: