Sign in to follow this  
jms458

Keeper Help Needed

Need help choosing which player should NOT be kept for this season.   

11 members have voted

1. 1. I can keep three players and narrowed the possibilities to these four. Which one should I NOT KEEP and let go back into the draft?

• Roddy White (costs me a 5th round pick this year)
    • LeSean McCoy (7th round)
    • Pierre Thomas (9th round)
    • Aaron Rodgers (13th round)

I'm entering the third year of my keeper league, standard scoring with .5 PPR. We are allowed to keep three players and I have four real possibilities. Aaron Rodgers is a no brainer, and I think Roddy White is too valuable to not keep for a 5th round pick... so the real choice is between McCoy and Thomas. I think the smart play is to keep Thomas, especially at the later draft round, but I'm tempted to take a gamble with McCoy. What would you do? Thanks.

Seems like a no-brainer to dump McCoy back into the pool. He's a 4th round value you'd give up a round 7 pick for (so you essentially gain 3 rounds of value). You gain 5 rounds with Thomas, and like 12 with Rodgers. So to me its a Roddy White (gain 3 rounds) vs. McCoy issue. McCoy wasn't all that impressive last year, and Vick/Weaver/Bell are really going to eat into his red zone touches. Roddy White is a stud, and has been for a long time. Throw back the gamble, and keep the sure thing in Roddy White.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=366345

I think McCoy is the guy to let go. c9h13no3 spelled it out good.

They're both great options and its hard to argue against pierre for a 9th but Im biased cause i have him on my team too, but McCoy, especially in a PPR league (even fractional), is going to be huge!

Another vote for McCoy here. Ive seen him fall sometimes to the fifth/sixth round in some mocks. Plus

we really dont know how Kolb will be behind center this year and its not like McCoy blew the doors off

during all his opportunity last year. Thanks for answering mine!

Jeff