Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9's Annual Help Thread

Hey Cuse

I'm trying to decide between 2 of 4 WR's. Right now i have Maclin and Mason. Maclin is injured at the moment and may be out a few weeks. The two receivers i was considering getting were Manningham and/or Chambers. Which two of the four should i go with? Thanks!

By the way, my league is non-PPR, 6 Points per TD.REC.

No brainer. Mason & Maclin. Maclin has the sky as his limit. In only his second year he could turn into a stud receiver. He's in an offense that suits his skills perfectly. There is no gaurantee that he'll be better than average, but there is alot of promise! Mason is as reliable as you'll find. The offense should be alot more fantasy friendly this year with another year for Flacco and the addition of Boldin. Look for another year around 1000 for Mason. Chambers is simply filling space until a younger version can take over and Manningham is clearly behind Nicks and Smith.

This one ain't even close.

Yo Cuse! I would appreciate it if you would rate my draft.

I've answered many questions on the help bored this morning with very few responses.

Thanks in advance. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=368145

"As with the past, please post your questions inside the thread. I lose my ability outside of this thread."

Outside this thread I'm like Superman with no cape...I'm useless.

"As with the past, please post your questions inside the thread. I lose my ability outside of this thread."

Outside this thread I'm like Superman with no cape...I'm useless.

Drafted 4th in a 14 team redraft ppr league.

4 pts pass td, 6 pts rush/receive td, 1 pt 25 yds pass, 1 pt 10 yds rush/receive

Start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Flex (Rb, Wr, Te), 1 Te, 1 K, 1 Def, 6 bench spots

Picks:

4. Rice Rb Bal

25. Mendenhall Rb Pit

32. McCoy Rb Phi

53. Crabtree Wr SF

60. Findley Te GB

81. Floyd Wr SD

88. Spiller Rb Buf

109. Berrian Wr Min

116. V Young Qb Ten

137. NO def

144. Edelman Wr NE

165. McClain Rb Bal

172. Henne Qb Mia

193. Boss Te NYG

200. Carpenter K Mia

Opinion? Shaky at Qb, maybe package Spiller with V Young for a better Qb? Or stand pat and wait and see if Young or Henne step up?

Thanks

Drafted 4th in a 14 team redraft ppr league.

4 pts pass td, 6 pts rush/receive td, 1 pt 25 yds pass, 1 pt 10 yds rush/receive

Start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Flex (Rb, Wr, Te), 1 Te, 1 K, 1 Def, 6 bench spots

Picks:

4. Rice Rb Bal

25. Mendenhall Rb Pit

32. McCoy Rb Phi

53. Crabtree Wr SF

60. Findley Te GB

81. Floyd Wr SD

88. Spiller Rb Buf

109. Berrian Wr Min

116. V Young Qb Ten

137. NO def

144. Edelman Wr NE

165. McClain Rb Bal

172. Henne Qb Mia

193. Boss Te NYG

200. Carpenter K Mia

Opinion? Shaky at Qb, maybe package Spiller with V Young for a better Qb? Or stand pat and wait and see if Young or Henne step up?

Thanks

Breakdown on draft:

QB's: Vince Young, Chad Henne

RB's: Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, LeSean McCoy, CJ Spiller, LeRon McClain

WR's: Michael Crabtree, Malcom Floyd, Bernard Berrian, Julian Edelman

TE's: Jermichael Finley, Kevin Boss

K: Dan Carpenter D: Saints

The Good: Incredible depth at RB. Since you can start three, you did a stellar job of getting rb's. You got three that have a tremendous ceiling and got them at a great value! Finley is another guy with a very high ceiling. Crabtree may be in a run first offense, but he has the skills to become a top ten wr. Berrian value got a huge boost with the Rice news and Floyd has a chance to become a top wr with the Jackson debacle. With those players you have a shot to post some great numbers.

The Bad: Vince Young is ranked #31 on my list. While he is a winner, he's a terrible fantasy QB. In his ten starts last year he had 1 game of 300 yard game and six games under 200 yards. He averaged 1 TD per game with about 30 yards rushing per game. His stats would equate to about 13 points per game while guys like Eli, Palmer, McNabb, Flacco, Cutler and other mid tier QB's will be putting up around 18-23 ppg on average. Henne has alot of potential, but he's not in an offense to become a star fantasy QB. WR's have hope, but not solid by any means.

My Opinion: The RB trio should be good enough to keep you in every game. Hopefully the wr's do enough to keep the games close. If it comes down to QB play you will lose. I would address that situation immediatly. I agree with the Spiller idea. See what Spiller and Young/Henne can bring you. Don't shoot for a top guy, but someone like Palmer, McNabb, Flacco, Ryan....someone that should consistantly post around 225 yards and a couple TD's with the potential to put up huge numbers. I think your team is okay. You need a QB and you have to have your WR's step up. If you can fill the void at QB and get solid production from you WR's you'll do great, but that is two big IF's! You have some players to make some things happen, hopefully you can!!

Good luck!!

Who should I target and who should i trade?

Dynasty 16 team ppr league

Starting lineup:

1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 rb/wr, 1wr/te, 1 dl, 1 lb, 1 cb, 1s

Trade block for other teams: (targets)

Spiller, Rivers, Dixon, Benson, Marion Barber, Gronkowski, Britt, Heath Miller, Stafford, Kolb, Knox

My team:

Matt Ryan, Jason Campbell

Lesean McCoy, Justin Forsett, Leon Washington, Portis, Marshawn Lynch, Bernard Scott,Mike Bell, Charles Scott, Mike Tolbert, (Ben Tate IR)

Roddy White, Ocho Cinco, Devin Thomas, Golden Tate, Dez Bryant, Laurent Robinson, Brian Hartline, Brandon Llyod

Chris Cooley, Shefler

Graham, Shane

DL Vandenbosch

LB laurentis

CB bailey

S Pollard

Who should I target and who should i trade?

Dynasty 16 team ppr league

Starting lineup:

1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 rb/wr, 1wr/te, 1 dl, 1 lb, 1 cb, 1s

Trade block for other teams: (targets)

Spiller, Rivers, Dixon, Benson, Marion Barber, Gronkowski, Britt, Heath Miller, Stafford, Kolb, Knox

My team:

Matt Ryan, Jason Campbell

Lesean McCoy, Justin Forsett, Leon Washington, Portis, Marshawn Lynch, Bernard Scott,Mike Bell, Charles Scott, Mike Tolbert, (Ben Tate IR)

Roddy White, Ocho Cinco, Devin Thomas, Golden Tate, Dez Bryant, Laurent Robinson, Brian Hartline, Brandon Llyod

Chris Cooley, Shefler

Graham, Shane

DL Vandenbosch

LB laurentis

CB bailey

S Pollard

The first need I see is cornerback. Champ is great, but he's too great. Teams simply don't throw his way enough. Throw in he tends to get injured alot and is getting up there in age, you need to start looking to fill his spot. Vanden Bosch is getting up there in age as well. Pollard and Laurinitis are solid for a long time though!

Of the players you have listed I think Kevin Kolb fits your team the best. Matt Ryan is a solid QB, but I think he's going to be an "Aikman" type of fantasy player. He'll be a great player on the field running his team, but that don't equate into fantasy greatness. Kolb is in position to become a great fantasy QB. With the young guns around him....Jackson, Maclin, McCoy and Celek, he could be on the top of the QB list for years to come. You could probably get Stafford a bit cheaper and he is also in a favorable fantasy situation. Either would boost the production from your QB spot.

Running backs are question marks for you. If McCoy explodes this year you'll be solid with your #1 for years. If Forsett can grab the feature role in Seattle, you'll be sitting very good. Bernard Scott is in a great position to give you great value in a year or two. One guy I would target is Ryan Torain. Portis is climbing in age, but should have another year or two of solid production, but should he go down I think Torain could take the job and never give it up. I don't know much about Charles Scott, but I would rather have Portis' back up over McCoys.

Overall you have a very solid team from top to bottom. Even the "flaws" on your team are not major ones. The fun part about dynasty leagues is trying to win this year, while building for the future success of your team. You seem to really have a grasp on this. To be honest with the team/talent you've assembled, maybe you should start a thread "How to build a great dynasty team".

Judging from your roster I'm sure you'll make the necessary moves to ensure your team stays a contender now and in the future.

Great job and good luck!!

hey cuse,

your input has helped the past. hoping to get your thoughts on my first pick in a two yr keeper non ppr league.

my keepers are ray rice & shonn green. the remaining players after keeper that will be projected to be available will be frank gore, andre johnson, and michael turner.

how would you rank them?

hey cuse,

your input has helped the past. hoping to get your thoughts on my first pick in a two yr keeper non ppr league.

my keepers are ray rice & shonn green. the remaining players after keeper that will be projected to be available will be frank gore, andre johnson, and michael turner.

how would you rank them?

I would rank them like so....

1A Frank Gore

1B Andre Johnson

3. Michael Turner

Gore and Johnson are both superb players who are near the top of their positions. Since you are keeping two running backs I would go after Andre Johnson. Although you need to think about next year and who you'll keep, you can't dismiss the potential of this year with Rice, Greene and AJ. You could feature two top ten RB's and the best wideout in the game. If you only start two running backs then the decision is even easier. Even if you start three rb's, AJ offers to much to pass up on. Turner's not even in the same class as these two.

Hello Cuse,

In a TD only league, I can only keep two of the following:

Barber, McCoy, M. Bush

Who would you drop?

I already have Rice, Benson, and Foster.

Who woud you try to trade?

Thanks

Well you can eliminate Bush cause the Raiders won't score enough to give him relevance in a TD only league.

Barber and McCoy are pretty close, but I like that McCoy will be on the field more. I'm sure Bell and/or Weaver could take some TD's from him, but he'll have many more opportunities than Barber.

Now I get slightly confused. You can keep two of these, Barber, McCoy, Bush but then you say you already have two, Rice, Benson, Foster and it says who should I drop/trade. So, can you keep two of the six and that's it? That changes everything.

Explain a little better?!

I got offered Fitzgerald for MJD. I know Fitzgerald's numbers may be down a little bit because of Warner's retirement but he's still a top 2 or 3 WR. On the other hand MJD is a top 2 or 3 RB.

My WR's - Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice, Sims-Walker, and Bowe.

My RB's - Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Shonn Greene, Jonathan Stewart, and MJD.

Should I take this trade?

Thanks. :)

Cool thread Cuse.

Assuming nothing changes, no one gets injured, and Revis still holds out, would you start Flacco @ NYJ or Stafford @ CHI? What if Revis comes back?

And as long as I'm asking, where would you try to improve your team (.5 PPR) with this current roster:

QB Flacco, Stafford

WR Austin, Ochocinco, Nicks, Williams (TB), Moore, Edelman, Nanaee

RB Mendenhall, P Thomas, M Bush, Hightower

TE Z Miller, H Miller

K WW

DEF Indy

Start QB, WR WR WR, RB RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF

Cool thread Cuse.

Assuming nothing changes, no one gets injured, and Revis still holds out, would you start Flacco @ NYJ or Stafford @ CHI? What if Revis comes back?

And as long as I'm asking, where would you try to improve your team (.5 PPR) with this current roster:

QB Flacco, Stafford

WR Austin, Ochocinco, Nicks, Williams (TB), Moore, Edelman, Nanaee

RB Mendenhall, P Thomas, M Bush, Hightower

TE Z Miller, H Miller

K WW

DEF Indy

Start QB, WR WR WR, RB RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF

Flacco or Stafford. I like all the options in Baltimore and I believe Flacco could turn into a solid fantasy QB, however, he's playing the Jets. Not only is it a stoudt defense, but their ball control offense could limit Flacco's chances. Stafford has some great options himself. The addition of Best, Burleson and Scheffler make the Lions offense, dare I say, dangerous! I would roll with Stafford week one simply based on match-up. I'll bet you have to make this tough decision all year. I think both can put up similar impressive stats.

Team is pretty solid all over the place. Good WR's with studs and potential breakout players. Four solid RB's. Did a great job. Indy's D will be great as long as Bob Sanders stays healthy, once he gets hurt it will be time to find a new one.

Great team!! Good luck.

I got offered Fitzgerald for MJD. I know Fitzgerald's numbers may be down a little bit because of Warner's retirement but he's still a top 2 or 3 WR. On the other hand MJD is a top 2 or 3 RB.

My WR's - Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice, Sims-Walker, and Bowe.

My RB's - Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Shonn Greene, Jonathan Stewart, and MJD.

Should I take this trade?

Thanks. :)

I refuse to believe this is a real question.

I refuse to believe this is a real question.

It's honestly not a joke question, but I've already made my decision to keep MJD. Not sure why you thought it was a joke though.

Thanks anyways. :)

Would you draft and start Dwill and JStew from CAR all season in NON PPR l2- team standard scoring league

Thinking of going DWILL(rd 2)- RB1, taking a RB2 like pierre/wells/moreno/ benson(rd3) then going with JSTEW as flex or RB3(rd4-5) so I could start my team with a lineup looking like this

Rodgers/Brees

Dwill

Wells

J.Stew

or

Dwill

Wellls

J.Stew

Moss

I like both CAR guys and it is a keeper league so maybe Dwill gets traded or leaves and I can keep both next year. Thanks