Sign in to follow this  
Sportslitter

Ahmad Bradshaw

What are your thoughts on Ahmad Bradshaw? Some reports are saying he's getting reps with the first team in training camp, while others say not to read into it. His ADP is mid 7th round. Is he a guy that could creep up the draft boards? Do you expect a bigger role from him in 2010?

shhHHHH.....nothing to see here! Move along!

On a serious note....I think the term "reps with the 1st team" is overblown in today's era of RBBC. Sure he is going to get reps with the 1st team because he will be in there at least half the time. I bet Jacobs has got plenty of reps with the 1st team as well, but that does not get fantasy football eyes to purke up.

RBBC I have seen witha likely 50/50 split. Give Jacobs more goal line carries and more value in my eyes. Bradshaw could be a stud if Jacobs gets hurt which he usually does for a few games.

He has a lot of upside, he always runs hard and can run outside. Bradshaw can catch the ball and is an all round better back than Jacobs. The problem is Jacobs should see majority if not all goal line carries. Jacobs and Bradshaw both seem to miss games due to injuries.

Bradshaw has only missed 2 games over the past two seasons, missing one game in each. He has been injured, but has played through the bulk of it.

Have you not seen Jacobs last seasons on goal-line carries? I was a proud owner to be disgruntled after a few games of this beast. 1st and goal from the 3. 2nd and goal from the 2. 3rd and goal = TD! Only to have pulled Jacobs after the 1st and 2nd down for Bradshaw to take it home on 3rd.

Bradshaw will have much more upside than Jacobs this year; however, this will keep Jacobs a little more fresh to keep him back as a bruiser.

In all of the mocks I have been doing, I am ending up with Bradshaw at turn of the 7/8th...For a ppr owner picking late in the draft and who plans on forgoing the leftover first/second round RBs, I have been taking guys like Bradshaw, Forsett, Spiller and Felix Jones, all of whom can be had in the 5th round on, as high upside guys with the hopes that maybe one of them hit...I think Bradshaw may be the best bet of them all, since he will have a decent sized role even with Jacobs in the fold, and could become a top 15 back when (not if) Jacobs goes down with his yearly injury. Reports out of camp have been fairly glowing so far---I am just hoping that the hype doesn't end up pricing him out of my draft plan....

shhhhhh

keep letting him slide

this guy is going as most people's #4 running back. Crazy value for a ff weekly fill in position.