Sign in to follow this  
Kammo

If Vincent Jackson sits...

Legedu Naanee appears to be next in line. Naanee looks more than just serviceable. He has a lot of upside.

The news on Jackson is that he is prepared for a long hold out and Chargers are playing hard ball with him. What are the chances, if Naanee plays well, that Jackson doesn't get his starting job back?

Legedu Naanee appears to be next in line. Naanee looks more than just serviceable. He has a lot of upside.

The news on Jackson is that he is prepared for a long hold out and Chargers are playing hard ball with him. What are the chances, if Naanee plays well, that Jackson doesn't get his starting job back?

Naanee would have to play very well to cement himself as the starter. However, this might not matter if VJax holds out for the entire season.

Jackson needs to be suited for at least 6 games to have the season count.

Per Kevin Acee: "Sources close to the players maintain they are preparing to sit out the entire season."

Next in line? Does this mean ahead or behind Malcolm Floyd?

1 - Gates

2 - Floyd

3 - Matthews

4 - Sproles

5 - Naanee

Next in line? Does this mean ahead or behind Malcolm Floyd?

1 - Gates

2 - Floyd

3 - Matthews

4 - Sproles

5 - Naanee

Mathews/Sproles would be on one line, since they won't likely be in on the same plays, so yes, Naanee is still only the 4th option, 3rd at best. He'll have a few great games, but not enough consistency.

Mathews/Sproles would be on one line, since they won't likely be in on the same plays, so yes, Naanee is still only the 4th option, 3rd at best. He'll have a few great games, but not enough consistency.

Exactly - He'll have a great game - #1 option on the WW - - hottest thing out there - - only to get 1 and 2 recetpions the following games. Then you bench him and he goes for 3/112/1

Per Kevin Acee: "Sources close to the players maintain they are preparing to sit out the entire season."

Not that it matters much, but I would take that quote with a grain of salt. They are blowing smoke...the player has a lot to lose in that situation.

Not playing those 6 games means that Jackson will not get credit for this season...meaning he is back where he started this year, but a year off his career (of which he will not get paid). After sitting out that entire year, there is no way the Chargers are paying him big money...and the longer he sits out the less likely other teams will take that chance either.

I do see him sitting out until week 10, but I think he has to show up at that point.

Not that it matters much, but I would take that quote with a grain of salt. They are blowing smoke...the player has a lot to lose in that situation.

Not playing those 6 games means that Jackson will not get credit for this season...meaning he is back where he started this year, but a year off his career (of which he will not get paid). After sitting out that entire year, there is no way the Chargers are paying him big money...and the longer he sits out the less likely other teams will take that chance either.

I do see him sitting out until week 10, but I think he has to show up at that point.

If (when) they're placed on the roster exempt list, they have to sign by week 8 to still accrue their 6 games. VJax's lowered salary is 583K, which I believe would only be around 200k paid to him since he's playing less than half a season.

I don't really buy them sitting out the whole season either, but they've stuck to their guns thus far, so there might be something to it. They're doing nothing but hurting their bottom line by holding out.

VJax comes back week 10, but he is only in on 3 or 4 WR sets.

I disagree, even though he's being a king kamehameha biotch by holding out, if he gives the Chargers the best chance to win, he will be in the game.

I disagree, even though he's being a king kamehameha biotch by holding out, if he gives the Chargers the best chance to win, he will be in the game.

I dedicated a thread to you over on the geek bored Newbie :wub:

At least Naanee's apparent emergence means Rivers might still be a solid fantasy QB. As for Naanee himself, I don't know that I'd want him to be one of my starters, but he has upside.

At least Naanee's apparent emergence means Rivers might still be a solid fantasy QB. As for Naanee himself, I don't know that I'd want him to be one of my starters, but he has upside.

Rivers will still be solid. Vincent Jackson's emergence was as much of a product of Rivers becoming an elite QB as it was his own skill. Malcom Floyd is a testament to that.

I desperately hope that Jackson ( and Revis too for that matter) never play another down.....and wind up penniless on the street. :)