Sign in to follow this  
mccombsau

Forte...waste of time?

I'm not seeing any discussion on him, probably because he burned so many drafters last year... I really don't have much to offer but I'd like to know what some of you think of him. Is Martz gonna help him of hurt him? I know Taylor is there but he really is a 70% carry back which is fairly useful.....thoughts?

I'm not seeing any discussion on him, probably because he burned so many drafters last year... I really don't have much to offer but I'd like to know what some of you think of him. Is Martz gonna help him of hurt him? I know Taylor is there but he really is a 70% carry back which is fairly useful.....thoughts?

I drafted him #4 overall last year so I still have a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm staying away. He fell all the way to #55 in my draft yesterday.

could he be a steal though? Everyone must be overlooking him....

What made forte so valuable in 2008 was that Orton would just dump it to him about 5 times a game and he'd turn that into 30-50 receiving yards. Cutler does not dump the ball off at all and that really hurt forte's fantasy production. Forte was also playing hurt all of last year so if he's healthy there's a good chance he could return to 2008 form and you'd be getting a serious bargain.

What made forte so valuable in 2008 was that Orton would just dump it to him about 5 times a game and he'd turn that into 30-50 receiving yards. Cutler does not dump the ball off at all and that really hurt forte's fantasy production. Forte was also playing hurt all of last year so if he's healthy there's a good chance he could return to 2008 form and you'd be getting a serious bargain.

I agree. But Forte had 57 receptions last year with Cutler, just a few less than with Orton the year before. In a PPR league last year Forte was around the 12th highest scoring RB which seems bizarre considering he is universally considered a bust. I think for a first rounder, in a non-PPR league, he really burned folks. I expect he'll fall past his ADP in many leagues this year and I think he has upside as a flex RB. Personally, I'm less concerned with Chester Taylor cutting into his production than trying to figure out what kind of offense Martz will concoct.

I like him because he is falling so far after dissapointing last year. I don't think he should be drafted fifth overall, but I've also seen rankings that have him around the 40th ranked RB or something outrageous like that. I think he'll be a top 20 guy this year (especially in PPR) with a chance to be just oustide the top 10. That's GREAT value for an RB3.

i agree, he is a steal at the right price

chester taylor or not.....when your gettin the 12th best rb in ppr's last year as your #3 rb......thats awesome

he reminds me of addai....another solid ppr rb last year, and you can get him for great value

I drafted this turd 5th last year and he was awful, so yeah I will prob stay away. That being said he is prob a decent value this year for where his adp is. Still I would not expect a repeat of his 2008 numbers with Chester and Cutler now in the mix.

He seems like he could be of good value this year. I thought (even at the time) that he was paifully overrated going into last year. This year seems to be the oppposite, people are undervaluing him.

He seems like he could be of good value this year. I thought (even at the time) that he was paifully overrated going into last year. This year seems to be the oppposite, people are undervaluing him.

I really think he has a very good year. This will be year 2 in the Cutler regime and year 1 with Martz. Maybe just maybe Cutler realizes he can not squeeze the ball into a tight slot 40 yards down field and will check it down to him. Cutler has to be better this year then last.

I really like him as my RB3 or Flex. Ive taken him in 2 drafts so far one in the 4th round and other in 5th.