Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

DJax/Celek/Maclin/McCoy value

Alot of people are taking LeSean McCoy as a #2 RB, DeSean Jackson as a #1 WR, Celek as a #1 TE and Maclin as a #2/3 WR. I believe we are all basing this on the Eagles running the same system they've run for years. Kevin Kolb seems to be a great fit for that system. The future seems skyhigh for the Eagles offense in the fantasy world.

What happens to their value if Kolb should go down and Michael Vick takes over? In the two years with Vick as QB Roddy White had 446 and 506 yards. Once Matt Ryan (pocket passer) took over White has had 1202, 1382 and 1153 yards with a TD rise from 3 and 0 to 6, 7 & 11. The leading receiver over Vicks tenure was Alge Crumple with 750-850 yards. Dunn had over 1000 yards over Vicks best three years, but only had TD's of 4-5-9.

Now you can attribute Roddy's poor performance to being young, different coach, different system or whatever you want, but the fact is his production tripled without Vick.

I just thought this was interesting. If you own an Eagles skilled position, how do you think it will affect them if Vick becomes the starter in Philly? Will you try and trade immediatly or ride it out and hope for the best?

If he gets hurt, ALL of those players will suck hard as far as fantasy points are concerned.

A lot of teams players would be in the same boat if their QB went down though.

:unsure:

What if *any* starting QB gets hurt?

I don't understand this thread...

Okay, I'll explain for you. I thought a football mind would understand the difference between normal back ups and Vick. Obviously any QB gets hurt it will affect the team, but Philly is a unique situation. Let's say Philip Rivers goes down. Billy Volek will come in and run the same offense. He may not be able to make the throws that Rivers can, but none the less, not much will change. We already saw what happens to the Patriots without Tom Brady, the back up can come in and run the system and still keep the other fantasy options valuable. Tony Romo out, Jon Kitna in....still the same offense. Like I said, most teams will, most likely, run the same offense.

In Philly's case Vick isn't your normal back up from what we've seen in the past. He strength is running around and making things happen with his feet, not with his arm. The Eagles could still be successful with Vick under center, but I think it changes their offensive system. Therefore, it would change the values of said player alot....unless some believe he can run their system?! That was kind of why I threw this out there.