Sign in to follow this  
dpbuddha

Thinking of making a trade...RB for WR (mostly)

Our league has strict rules on our bench size. We score a little heavier for TDs, and give bonus points for longer TDs or players scoring in a way that isn't typical for their position(e.g. WR rushing TD, RB receiving/throwing TD, QB rushing TD, etc). I've got 4 good but not great WRs and I'm looking to land a stud. I've also got a bit of RB depth and I'm looking to package something together, what do you think?

12-team auction. Start 2 RB, 2 WR...must have 4 of each on roster at all times.

My RBs

Rice

S. Jax

Foster

Bradshaw

My WRs

Colston

Smith (CAR)

Ochocinco

S. Moss

His RBs

Benson

Wells

Ricky

Choice

His WRs

White

Ward

Evans

Benn

Wells is already having injury issues, Ricky and Choice are long-shots to be top 20 RBs so I think he might be in need of an upgarde at RB. Also, Ward, Evans, and Benn are just marginal players at this point, in my opinion...what can be done here? Does making a trade leave me with too short of a bench?

I've got 2 strategies:

#1, send him Ochocinco & Smith for White & Evans. That gives him better depth at WR and gives me 2 potential studs at WR.

#2, send him S.Jax OR Foster along with Ochocinco for White & Wells.

I would stand fast. Any trade only serves to improve his team and nobody except Roddy on his squad is really a compelling upgrade to yours. This is a case of give too much gain too little. Wait for a better trade to come to you.

I would almost stand pat. Option one really dont think you gain much as far as total points. If you had to i would go with 2, sending foster and Ocho.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=368932

Well the point here is to pick up White and Evans...then I'd start Colston and White in stead of my current options of Colston and Ochocinco/Smith/SMoss. While White + Evans is about equal to Ochocinco + Smith, what I gain is a stud to go along with Colston.

No need to have Foster rusting on your bench each week. Move him while his value is sky high.....before Kubiak reminds the fantasy world why you don't want to rely on Texan RB's.

Trade Foster for White...straight up.

No need to have Foster rusting on your bench each week. Move him while his value is sky high.....before Kubiak reminds the fantasy world why you don't want to rely on Texan RB's.

Trade Foster for White...straight up.

There's no way the other owner will do that. All he has at WR is White, if I take White and give him a RB he's going to be left with complete garbage at WR and I'm sure he won't go for it. I need to at least give him 1 guy at WR so that he's not completely decimated at that position.