Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

Ahmad Bradshaw will = Tiki Barber

I drafted him last year in the 6th round. Bradshaw, last year. CJ round 1, Brees in the 2nd and then just stole Bradshaw, Ray Rice and Ricky Williams last year rounds 6+

It's the system stupid. It's thunder and lightning ... it's the Giants.

Look, you need to go get yourself an original Nintendo, not a Super Nintendo, the original one. Then you need to get a game called "Tecmo Superbowl". In this version of the game, the Giants have Simms and:

Halfbacks "Little" Joe Morris and O.J. Anderson were a similar style before Tiki and Dayne. And then there was Rodney Hampton and Dave Meggett. Yeah, with a tough big TE that can catch (Bavaro) and some guys that can get to the quarterback on defense (LT, Carl Banks) .... you got a team. Quarterback doesn't even hafta be that good ... you got those other pieces, you are in competition, every year. And that became a real problem for the Giants .... they never traded up for picks, they made good 7th round picks on guys like Charles Way that came in to do one job, really well. Never spent a draft pick on a speculative QB, not even Chris Simms ... until Eli.

Look at Sam Gash .... one of the least recognized players in the history of the NFL, totally belongs in the HoF for what he did for Thurman Thomas. The Giants had Way, and now Hedgecalk ... but the RBBC approach to the running game, has been part of the Giants game plan ... since I can remember, and I'm 40. I'm an old man, by internet standards.

The Super Nintendo version ... 1993 or whatever it is ... best football game ever. Giants still have LT, Deion Sanders plays for Atlanta.

Atlanta is a killer sleeper team in that game. Chris Miller, Eric Dickerson and Andre Rison. Sanders on defense and returning kicks.

Giants have Hampton and Bunch. You've heard of Rodney Hampton ... he was kinda part thunder and lightning .... and then we had Jarrod Bunch. He wasn't even thunder clouds ... trust me though, the Giants offensive plan doesn't need the big back to be the central part of the game. Calm down Jacobs .... you are the thunder ... you come after the lightning .... just chill, run straight ahead. Do your job ... that wears down defenses and it makes everything easier, including the passing game.

That's been the Giants game plan since I was 12 years old. You got one guy that's just smashmouth, up the gut guy. Usually a better blocker, due to size. So, you have more options passing the ball to your receivers OR handing it off. But in 3rd down situations, where it wouldn't make sense to run ... right? You see where I'm going? The "Third down back" is all part of the RBBC strategy.

All that being said, I don't think Bradshaw has the natural talent that Tiki had. He was not only the perfect back for that situation and time but he earned it. He went in there and he earned it ... and that's always the kinda guys coaches love .... so is Bradshaw a guy like that? Like Charles Way?

We'll see. Not yet.

Is he a special talent that can get away with a "me first" attitude? No. He's part of the team.

AND ... back in the day, the Giants didn't have the best WRs in the NFL. Mark Ingram, Stephen Baker ... traded away Ed McCaffrey ... I mean ... you had to give Simms a lot of credit for running that offense as well as he did.

Anyway, Bradshaw is just a piece of the puzzle. When Tiki really started to shine, at the same time Ron Dayne was not happy with his role in the offense ... it was just Tiki's backfield after that. Dayne was on his way out and for 1 year at least .... the plan was just lightning. Thunder sucked.

Until .... Brandon Jacobs. He is bigger than Ottis Anderson or Rodney Hampton or even Ron Dayne and faster than all of them too.

You need both though.

Doesn't Derrick Ward play for Tampa now?

Blount/Ward .... they copied the Giants before with Alstott/Dunn.

And what KC has this year is like a Rodney Hampton AND an Emmit Smith. It's 2 guys, shooting lightning from there arses .... and thunder from their eyes.

No seriously, it's the system. Lotta RBs you could plug into the KC system that would do well. It's a cake walk for Jones ... knows his job, does it well. Get's compensated handsomely.

To be fair, this will be my 3rd week in a row that I am starting Charles and Jones. Next week I plan to have D-Will back and Jones might not find a spot, but he's great Jamal Charles insurance this year. If you start them both, you don't hafta worry about which one is getting the TDs.

Next week I plan to have D-Will back and Jones might not find a spot

Two thoughts:

1. DWill is now buried on my bench. I seriously might just start Danny Woodc0ck for the rest of the year. I've considered dealing Williams for a better kicker or defense, that's how bad he's been.

2. Don't you think that writing post after post replying to yourself is the behavior of a crazy person?

2. Don't you think that writing post after post replying to yourself is the behavior of a crazy person?

Thought that same thing as I scrolled down through his several responses. Actually, at one time I believed he was just getting hammered and then strolling over to his keyboard. After several years of seeing this behavior I've come to the conclusion that either he's entirely schitzo or a repressed homo.

Herp derp, derp, hurpity durpity. Derp. Herp. Lorazepam, Zotepine, Tetrabenazine, Klonopin.

You are wickedly insane and I'm now confident the singular reason for the current global financial meltdown. Is there any way you can provide us with a real time cam for us to observe the purest example of blind evolution realizing its mistake and franticly trying eliminate forever any evidence of it's unfortunate atrocity from this little science experiment called life? For posterity's sake we MUST know where we went wrong.