Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Maroney's Nuts

Yahoo Commissioners

Can't believe I'm doing one of these threads, but here goes... Need a little help from any of you that might be a Yahoo Commish:

One of the leagues I'm in has WW settings of a continual rolling WW with 1 day period. I joined as a last minute replacement for a friend -- I know the commish through his brother.

So today, shortly after Ryan Grant went down with an injury, Brandon Jackson shows up being picked up off the WW.

And shortly thereafter, hot handed Mark Clayton gets nabbed... by the same team that picked up Brandon Jackson.

Now I'm not saying it's out of the question that both of those players had claims on them placed yesterday, but either this guy has a crystal ball, or something is up, no?

I hate to even make this thread, but just trying to see if any yahoo commissioners may have any insight here: Can the commish push through a WW claim without it going through the mandated 24 hour period? (The guy who made both pickups is tight with the commish)

Either way, I'm gonna keep an eye on this guys squad and see if any more of these "good fortune" pickups get transacted and if it's consistently fishy, I'll proceed with the mandatory knock on the door and face punch in front of his wife and kids.

Cheers boys.

The same exact thing happened in my league.

Jackson and Clayton to the same team.

For some reason most of the free agents in my league are NOT on waivers. I could go pick someone up now.

I'm not the commish but I expected this league to have a normal waivers process. I'm trying to see whats' up.

I played in a training wheels Yahoo league in another lifetime. I seem to remember having first come first serve waivers during the games. I think.

Yup, just phoned a friend and it's add/drops that go through waivers.

Free agents are first come, first serve.

Did a favor for a friend in a pinch (joining the league) without having access to the frickin league handbook, and ended up joining a bush league apparently. :doh:

You need to read your league rules regarding waiver pick-ups. It appears, however, that the commissioner did not set the waiver setting properly. There is a drop down tab in the "edit league settings" called "weekly waivers" hhich he should have switched from 'none' to 'first game of week through Tuesday'.

If the rules clearly state that the free agent list is be locked down before the first game starts, then your commissioner had the waiver settings on the default setting (free agent list totally open), instead of the proper setting to lock the waiver wire.

I believe that this is the first year that yahoo gave a commissioner a choice. Yahoo also allows for a blind auction bid waiver system.

Again: while 'totally open' is the default setting, the waiver setting CAN be locked down Sunday through Tuesday, or Thursday through Tuesday....but the commissioner must chose either of the other two options under "edit league settings".

This is NOT the fault of the Yahoo site, the fault lies with your commissioner. However, the commissioner can reverse the free agent pick-ups and lock all free agents down until Tuesday even after the fact.

YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR COMMISH IMMEDIATELY!

I'm going to guess that a significant percentage of commissioners totally miss changing this setting to the chagrin of many league members.

You need to read your league rules regarding waiver pick-ups. It appears, however, that the commissioner did not set the waiver setting properly. There is a drop down tab in the "edit league settings" called "weekly waivers" hhich he should have switched from 'none' to 'first game of week through Tuesday'.

If the rules clearly state that the free agent list is be locked down before the first game starts, then your commissioner had the waiver settings on the default setting (free agent list totally open), instead of the proper setting to lock the waiver wire.

I believe that this is the first year that yahoo gave a commissioner a choice. Yahoo also allows for a blind auction bid waiver system.

Again: while 'totally open' is the default setting, the waiver setting CAN be locked down Sunday through Tuesday, or Thursday through Tuesday....but the commissioner must chose either of the other two options under "edit league settings".

This is NOT the fault of the Yahoo site, the fault lies with your commissioner.

But I'm going to guess that a significant percentage of commissioners totally miss changing this setting to the chagrin of many league members.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I was just booted from a yahoo league because I said picking up waivers during the game was bush league. Idiot commish.

Yeah, this is the way mine was set.

'Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

Weekly Waivers None

If you did not want open waivers for all but dropped players, then "Weekly Waivers" should have been re-set from 'none' to 'first game of week through Tuesday'. Like i said before, the pick-ups can be reversed and the waivers can be frozen for two days by the commish to undo what has happened.