Sign in to follow this  
chrisfab

Would you trade Dallas Clark for Roddy White?

Its a .5ppr league, we start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1d, 1k

my current team

CUTLER/mcnabb/orton

RAY RICE/JAMAAL CHARLES/tolbert/portis/kieland williams/reggie bush(IR)

REGGIE WAYNE/HINES WARD/mark clayton

DALLAS CLARK/vishante shianco

MIA/kc

MASON CROSBY

I guess the question is, would you rather have Hines Ward and Dallas Clark, or Roddy White and Shianco?

Or should I just stay put and stop trying to trade? I am 2-0, and if I can win this week, I should be able to go 4-0 as the guy I play in week 4 has the worst bye/injury problems. So I really feel I need a WR2 to do the job.

any ideas?

That is how I am thinking as well...

I mean, I am sure White was drafted before Clark in almost any format, right??

My only concern is Shainco dropping off after the MIN WRs get their act together...but he was good last year while that was happening!

my current team

CUTLER/mcnabb/orton

MIA/kc

MASON CROSBY

I guess the question is, would you rather have Hines Ward and Dallas Clark, or Roddy White and Shianco?

Or should I just stay put and stop trying to trade? I am 2-0, and if I can win this week, I should be able to go 4-0 as the guy I play in week 4 has the worst bye/injury problems. So I really feel I need a WR2 to do the job.

any ideas?

Thanks for mine. I don't exactly follow, are you looking to trade Ward and Clark for White so that you'll have Wayne and White as your WRs? Seems like a pretty fair trade, White's improvement this year is evident as is his increased chemistry w/ Ryan. My only question is, why do you have so many solid QBs if you only start one? Top NFL experts say McNabb had one of the best quarterbacking games of his career last week, that it wasn't just a case of leaky defense. Also, these top experts are very high on Orton, who is in a pass-happy scheme this year and is super-comfortable with his WR corps and will be airing it out a lot. If you're in a 12-teamer there are definitely guys in need of an upgrade at QB so see if you can make a deal w/ one of them.

Initially I was going to say no, but after looking at your roster I think you will get better production out of white and shincoe.

I would agree with this one......white gets crazy target and shincoe is with favre if he ever gets his act together

give me the white and shancoe

Ward wouldn't be part of the trade. Clark for White straight up.

And I hear you about my QBs!

I have been trying like mad to move one of them, with Shianco, for an upgrade.

Nobody is biting, maybe because I am the only 2-0 team in our 12 team league?

my current team

CUTLER/mcnabb/orton

MIA/kc

MASON CROSBY

any ideas?

I guess I would go with the trade for the same reasons as above but hard to say I would not look a little harder at moving Shainco instead as I like Clark. Thanks for the reply to mine!

Roddy White and Shianco - White will be a top 5 WR this year. I believe you can get a lot more value out of White than Ward and Whitten combined. I'm pretty hot on Roddy this season.

I can't imagine how much pot Roddy White's owner would have to smoke for a straight-up White/Clark to sound like it would benefit him. Do the trade and dance on his team's grave the next time you play him. I also agree about shopping your QBs - someone in your league will overpay for one of them.

Thanks for your help earlier.

I can't imagine how much pot Roddy White's owner would have to smoke for a straight-up White/Clark to sound like it would benefit him. Do the trade and dance on his team's grave the next time you play him. I also agree about shopping your QBs - someone in your league will overpay for one of them.

Thanks for your help earlier.

Well, on the surface, it does seem a little unfair.

However, the guy I'm trading has Brandon Marshall and Wes Welker too, but no TE's.

I'd probably have to include either orton or mcnabb, as he only has flacco, with stafford on his IR.

thanks for the reply!

If Flacco is all the other guy has, I would try to package Shiancoe and Ward along with one of your QB's for Roddy. That way you keep Clark, and get stronger by trading from your depth. If that doesn't work, I would still make the Clark trade for Roddy, as he is a beast this year. Good luck and thanks for mine.

I'd recommend for the trade. Your Wayne/White combo would be fu@#$ing deadly. I don't think you fall off too much with VS at tight-end. He's no Clark, but I think you more than make up for it in this deal. Farve love VS and has little else to throw to. Rice's return at mid-season can only help VS. Any chance Marcedes Lewis is on your waiver wire? If so, scoop him immediately after this deal for a totally decent safety-blanket.

Thanks for mine. You really like Mike Williams-BUCS over Knox this week!?

looks good ,but i'd drop bush he's dead weight & is pretty much done for the season

he was dropped in my league & nobody picked him up

thax for mine