Sign in to follow this  
Kilroy

With Michael Vick . . . . .

. . . the Eagles offense is scary good!

Seriously though, it's as if the Eagles can't be stopped. With weapons like DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin at receiver, and Brent Celek at tight end, it's like he finds someone open everytime. And when he doesn't? Well, he simply takes off and picks up the yardage on his own.

The only negative thing I can find to say about him is that yeah, he will get sacked a few times here and there (and oh, that whole dog fighting thing too, but who cares about that, right?).

Give Andy Reid credit for realizing how sick this offense is with Vick running things. Reid is usually characterized as being too stubborn, which he has been and can still be fairly often, but he made the right decision in benching Kolb for Vick if his primary objective is to win.

ETA: My apologies for starting another Vick thread . . . :ninja:

Dude..... they're playing Jacksonville. Don't get too ahead of yourself there. ;)

I knew that would be coming - and fairly so. And since last week's win was against Detroit, I suppose I should tone it down a bit. But that said, anyone that has seen Vick the past 3 weeks has to be impressed with how he's played. He isn't looking to run all the time, he's actually playing within the pocket and looking downfield instead of taking off at the first signs of pressure.

I'm reserving judgment until I see them play a decent team. Week 1 was a train wreck so it doesn't count.

Also, a decent team <> anyone in the NFC East.

He looks better then when he played for the Falcons. He actually looks like a QB and not just running around with head cut off. He has always had a cannon and for now he looks accurate :shocking:

He looks better then when he played for the Falcons. He actually looks like a QB and not just running around with head cut off. He has always had a cannon and for now he looks accurate :shocking:

However, I do agree these past 2 games (Agains Detroit and Jacksonville) he looks better than he did in Atlanta. We'll see. Not ready to jump on the MVP bandwagon yet. I don't even think the Eagles are going to be playoff contenders. If they break 500 I'll be amazed.

Vick is playing lights out right now. Sure he is playing bad teams (and he has another one next week), but that doesn't all of a sudden make the passes he has been throwing inaccurate. I for one never thought he was going to relevant in the NFL after he got out of Cell Block C. I was wrong. He has learned to suppress his happy feet and his accuracy has improved greatly. Plus, he is still elusive and can be a threat on the ground.

All that said, he showed flashes of brilliance in 2-3 game stretches when he was with ATL. He was just never good at consistency during a 16 game season. I think he will put up solid numbers this year, but against the good team, I expect lapses.

As for MVP... Not yet... Lets see a few more games.

No contest so far. Mike Vick is the best waiver wire pick this year. And to think he was probably available as late as week 2 (in shallower leagues) or was dropped when Kolb was about to return.

not only does vick look better than ever before, his supporting cast is FAR superior than any in atl. Also, the west coast they run works really well for him, that is evident in watching the games he's played in. Will he have a dud game here and there??? Have a bunch of turnovers that cost his team the game??? Sure, thats just the type of game he plays, its inevitable. Will he be a fantasy stud at the end of the year if he stays healthy and starts all games??? ABSOLUTELY. There is very little doubt. How many wins that equates to for the eagles is a whole different story, however the eagles in the andy reid era have been cardiac kids through years and years and years. They are always eeking wins out, so I don't think it'll be much different. I actually think he'll fantasy gold as well as a winning qb. I think he's got an outside shot at having a league mvp type year. It'll be fun to watch, and this coming from someone that doesn't care for anything philly...

However, I do agree these past 2 games (Agains Detroit and Jacksonville) he looks better than he did in Atlanta. We'll see. Not ready to jump on the MVP bandwagon yet. I don't even think the Eagles are going to be playoff contenders. If they break 500 I'll be amazed.

they are in the nfc east, they are already in playoff contention

they are in the nfc east, they are already in playoff contention

Until they play a defense that is better than the bottom quartile, I will reserve my judgement. And their run defense is abysmal. I think the NFC East is a crap shoot this year but the Giants will probably end up pulling something out of their behinds and win it. I've watched every Eagles game for many many years, and I'be learned not to start calling playoff appearances and crap week 3. And as someone else pointed out, Vick had moments of brilliance in Atl too, but he was very inconsistent. Two games is not enough to prove that he is the real deal or not yet.