Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

How good will Vick be when he plays a real def?

He's been play very well against a GB def that was ready for Kolb and two of the leagues worse def in Det and the Jags. What happens when he plays a real def?

He's been play very well against a GB def that was ready for Kolb and two of the leagues worse def in Det and the Jags. What happens when he plays a real def?

He already outplayed Green Bay significantly. I'm sick of hearing that crap about GB not being prepared for Vick. You know what, Vick didn't get first team snaps in practice the week leading up to Green Bay either...a level playing field. Also, Detroit and Jacksonville are NFL teams and Vick's performance speaks for itself.

I'm a life long Falcons fan & I got tired of people asking the same questions when Vick was in Atl. He was a winner. When Atl had Vick at qb, you went into every game thinking you had a chance to win. He did not have the best stats but he brought more excitement to Atl than had been there since Deion & Hammer were running the sidelines.

Now he's on a better overall team with a better Head Coach. Andy Reid is by far a better coach than anyone in Atl that Vick had except for maybe Dan Reeves who Vick had his most success with. He's also on a team that was winning before he arrived. DeSean Jackson is a better WR than Roddy was with Vick. Jeremy Maclin is better than any wr #2 than Atl had. Back when Vick was in Atl, Crumpler was his main target & Brent Celek is just as good than Crumpler was. He's in a better situation & has a better chance to make plays. When he was in Atl, he was the show. Everyone knew to game plan for Vick & everything else will be fine. Vick's just part of the success in Philly.

I also think Vick's prison time has helped him with his work ethic & arrogance which in term is going to help him on the field.

As far as your original question, I don't think Vick will ever be Peyton or Brady statisticly but Vick isn't a prototype pocket passer either. I think Vick will be fine.

Anyone that understands what they're watching can easily see that Vick's performance has been due to exceptional play, not poor defenses.

We've all seen bad/average QB play get by against poorly played D. This ain't it. He's done all the crazy athletic things he's donme in the past, and coupled that with the accuracy and decision making that was absent as a younger player. It hasn't been blown assignments or missed tackles.

I know the first game he either loses or doesn't put up 30+ pts the "overrated" cries will begin. But that's just because a very high percentage of people posting on boards and playing ff don't know a damn thing about the game.

what happens when ANY focking QB plays a real defense??? There numbers will be lower, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

guess what thought, Vick doesnt play any REAL defenses this year. Dont be jealous cause you are still starting Carson Palmer